Bicyclettes

canice

Powdercoat is $60-80 for frame and fork, including media blasting for basic hues. Candies and all that are $100 and up. This is more ideal if you want one color, plus it's more durable.

Wet paint is really going to depend, if you can find an autobody guy that will do it on the side, they'll hopefully do it between $60-100, including stripping. Otherwise there are pro frame painters that will charge you shitloads for a wet job.

Just finished my Pista Concept biuld, im so siked on the out come, i ordered everything through the mail so i was nervous.... plus rep. is much appreciated, i asked a dumb question in the denim forum. HAHA thanx

2afg20m.jpg

edit: Deep V's on phil hubs, nitto post, stem, risers, sugino crank 48x19, brooks b17. (incase you where wondering.)

a decent wet job, including stripping existant paint, will cost no less than $300 with decal application and clear coat. powdercoat is like skeet said, $80 min. usually.

Yeah, but that would include shipping, be really high quality, and not necessarily be necessary.

Makers like Pinarello never cleared over decals, and a one-color job can be had at top quality for around $200 if you go local and aren't going bicycle specific. The need and supply for this service died out in availability with steel frames and freewheels.

Try a motorcycle shop. The resurgence in popularity gives you good odds of finding SOMEWHERE near you that can do a great job at a price you can swallow.

Anyone willing to point out reputable fixed-gear shops available in SF? My brother is going there on a business trip this march, would like to ask him to do a few bike parts pick ups that is not readily available in Singapore.

Much thanks!

Freewheel over in Hayes Valley... A LOT better than Freewheel on Valencia... Dont even bother going to the one on Valencia, unless you enjoy sarcastic comments.

Unfortunately, Box Dog is closed for renovation. But theyre a dope ass shop as well.

If you want cheap deals for tubes/tires and such, theres Performance.

American over near Haight is ok, not the best, but theyre pretty straight forward.

Same goes for Valencia Cyclery.

I forgot the other ones.

But those are the main ones Ive hit up.

Freewheel over in Hayes Valley... A LOT better than Freewheel on Valencia... Dont even bother going to the one on Valencia, unless you enjoy sarcastic comments.

Unfortunately, Box Dog is closed for renovation. But theyre a dope ass shop as well.

American over near Haight is ok, not the best, but theyre pretty straight forward.

I forgot the other ones.

American is overpriced as fuckall. box dog is the shit though.

anybody try all city double straps? at 35.99 it seems like a better deal than spending on toshi's. interested to know how different they are.

you're better off getting toshis if you want them to stay. i had a smiilar pair of those doubles you're inquiring about they stretch like crazy and cant hold the exact spot you want them.

nylons are better imo since they're cheaper and you can carry extra sets if you ever need.

why would a wet job cost more than powder?

is it cause of the longer curing process?

Powder is cheaper because it has an infinite shelf life, no propellant or catalyst, is more enviro friendly and doesn't have any inspector certification requirements (such as paint for ventilation and filtration) and is easy as shit with no real prep or skilled work.

You charge the piece with the anode, you spray charged particles, they stick, you bake it.

Paint requires sanding, priming/filling, sanding, paint x1-4, sanding, clear 0-3. Sometimes more sanding. And skill to get it not to drip and hit everything. THEN you bake that shit, if it's a top quality job. Time and skill, which powder does not take.

Powder you can batch, really, really easily.

I forgot the other ones.

thanks for sharing stunt. will let my bro know about the places.. I'm just looking for minor bike parts such as saddle, toestraps/clips and kryptonite chains..(using a cheapo china made brand one now) etc..

The most impressive piece of that kit is the adjustment of the derailleurs, especially the rear. I had a chance to play with it about a month ago. It's cool. $$$$, but cool.

The battery is expected to last long enough for the average pro rider to complete the Tour de France on a single charge.

I'll stick with my mechanical 7900 D/A.

anybody try all city double straps? at 35.99 it seems like a better deal than spending on toshi's. interested to know how different they are.

i dunno but by looking at the pic they look like either one layer leather

toshis are three layer helps them not stretch and stay strong...

cheapo leather ones with always tear andall...

cheap nylon ones aint so bad

but toshis are definetly AMAZING you feel more secure..

This is almost year 3 for Elec DA, and though it works great and is much more innovative that it works perfectly vs. just adding another gear is really a fantastic development. Though as a consumer, I'm already pumping my tires, filling my water bottles, and otherwise tending my own machine and body, and I'd just as soon not be fiddling with batteries as well. Popping them on before a ride out of the charger isn't what I need, and race checkin parking lots don't need car-charger bike batteries and spares dangling out of dashes in addition to all the other junk amateur racers cram into cheap compact cars full of gear.

I'm sure in due time, the bicycle will be more and more a complete module, like a car, and less a summary of parts. This is already so with frames, forks, seatposts and stems, it will surely spread to electronic power metering and shifting. When a bike holds a charge like a car--for several years--not a mobile phone, I'll switch myself.