Bicyclettes

canice

Never seen a Bonti crack? I get at least 3 or 4 a month. All driveside, rear wheel. I'm not even a Trek dealer. Granted, my statement was a little bold, but, well, that's the internet. I won't recommend a Bonti, and check everyone that comes in for cracks at the eyelets.

i rarely see bontragers crack and i would see them on a daily basis over the summer. bontragers are actually pretty decent wheel sets for the money, and easy to get too. plus they will usually cover them, no question, if anything goes wrong.

no there isn't, it's a great cheap frame. I love mine... it's just kind of like buying a $2000 car and putting $5000 worth of audio stuff in it...i don't get it.

you're stomping on my dream of getting an 87 civic hatchback and ricing it out with 8000$ rims and a 4000$ subwoofer

Can anyone recommend a good pair of shorts? I'm getting massive chaffing after longer rides.

are you talking trendy shorts or actual tight cycling shorts? if you are talking actual cycling shorts, i would personally recommend santini or assos. get bib shorts, cause they don't fall down like regular ones. they are expensive, expect to pay over $100. if you're looking for a casual look short, go with swobo. they make shorts where you can insert their liners.

are you talking trendy shorts or actual tight cycling shorts? if you are talking actual cycling shorts, i would personally recommend santini or assos. get bib shorts, cause they don't fall down like regular ones.

Has anyone actually had this happen to them? I've been cycling for years, and have always been fine with non-bib cycling shorts. Mtb, road, whatever; the idea of spandex slipping down is odd.

It doesn't really slip down. You do away with elastic at the waist, which is more comfortable, and if you're riding cross or MTB, it's nice cause your shorts don't catch on the saddle.

Any 8-panel shorts are going to be really good. I like Sugoi a lot, Pearl Izumi is really good too. Everyone says Italian brands, but then, you're just spending a lot for extra padding that's really not necessary.

sooooo.... am i missing something? or is the Bianchi Pista Concept frame nowhere to be found on Bianchi's website?

im thinkin of a fixie as my next bike and i wanna see some specs, prices, etc.. lil help?

are you talking trendy shorts or actual tight cycling shorts? if you are talking actual cycling shorts, i would personally recommend santini or assos. get bib shorts, cause they don't fall down like regular ones. they are expensive, expect to pay over $100. if you're looking for a casual look short, go with swobo. they make shorts where you can insert their liners.

I was looking for actual cycling shorts. I was actually looking at the Pearl Izumi Slice Ultrasensor shorts since they're on sale at Nashbar. And I'm looking to spend less than $100. Any thoughts?

Edit: Oh, and since these will be my first pair of shorts, I don't know if they work well with pants? Are they thin enough to wear under jeans, etc.?

I was looking for actual cycling shorts. I was actually looking at the Pearl Izumi Slice Ultrasensor shorts since they're on sale at Nashbar. And I'm looking to spend less than $100. Any thoughts?

Edit: Oh, and since these will be my first pair of shorts, I don't know if they work well with pants? Are they thin enough to wear under jeans, etc.?

The right pair of bike shorts will be skin tight and fairly thin (except in the chamois area). There are different thicknesses of chamois and if you wear your Dior 17cm that are sized to a SuFu fit, I guarantee that you will be the laughing stock of...well every group of people. If chafing has been your issue, may I recommend a very light pad with Chamois Butter (http://www.rei.com/product/742166?cm_mmc=cse_froogle-_-datafeed-_-product-_-742166&mr:trackingCode=83B3DC5E-1C9A-DD11-873B-0019B9C043EB&mr:referralID=NA).

x-post from leather creations;

Made this yesterday. It's hard to snap the snap when there's nothing inside, but I really like it. Turned out nice, and it should be really durable.

Toe strap for attachment because it's quicker than a buckle. Quick is nice when you have to take it off to lock up.

img0219hi1.jpg

img0220yr8.jpg

img0221xg2.jpg

img0222bc9.jpg

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

I would consider buying one if you ever made more! the pack i've got on there now is a piece of shit; barely holds a spare tube and a pack of cigarettes. i'd just be worried about the adverse effects of rain, since lately i seem to be getting rained on 1-2 times a week.

i should pick up a leather saddle first though, so it doesn't fuck up the contrast of the whole bike (black with dark grey trim.)

read through this thread man you will find a lot of info.

eh, yeah, i was fearing that haha ima start readin.......... :)

its like a $1000 frame right?

sooooo.... am i missing something? or is the Bianchi Pista Concept frame nowhere to be found on Bianchi's website?

im thinkin of a fixie as my next bike and i wanna see some specs, prices, etc.. lil help?

if you buy a concept for your first bike, i hope you wreck it because you can't stop on it just like this guy that broke his arm in williamsburg over the weekend when he got plowed while n00b riding.

pearl izumi are great. honestly, all the name brand cycling shorts are pretty decent, haven't had problems with any certain brands. you could wear them under jeans, but the chamois might look funny in the crotch area. don't be afraid to wear them alone, they ain't homo. get a cycling jersey if you wear them alone so you don't look like a tri guy.

From what I understand, Pista Concept was an American made bike and Bianchi is halting production/eliminating their American side of things.