Real McCoy's / Joe McCoy's Jeans

jubei

12 hours ago, Aries said:

I am, measuring around my chest, 41 inches, and I needed the 44 to layer. So definitely follow s&s advice and size up.

do you think you would have a problem if you bought a 42?  could you have worn a sweatshirt underneath the size 42 or were things really tight underneath the size 42 jacket?  thanks. 

14 hours ago, Aries said:

2.5 years I think? Don't get to wear it too much in Australia, but it's a godsend on windy days.

aries, could you tell me how tall you are etc.....man i am debating on whether to get the 40 or a 42.  i am actually no concerned about the fit of the jacket.  my main concern is the length of the sleeves.  i do kind of want to wear at most in the winter a sweat shirt.  maybe the 42 will allow me to wear layers and to have freedom of movement and the 40 would only allow me to wear like a shirt or maybe when i am pushing it a sweatshirt as well but with less freedom of movement.    

i stand about 175 cm and weigh about 170 and i am of a stocky build, short legs but more of a torso dude.

thanks.

19 hours ago, Aries said:

Im 184cm and 185lbs. In your position I'd go for the 42 just for the range of options it affords. As with any shoes/clothing, better to be a bit too large than a bit small. The former is so much easier to deal with (and less painful).

i hear ya.  it's the 42 then.  now i have to find a good online place to order the jacket from and i would prefer someone from japan where i can request EMS service.  i can't stand dhl, fedex, ups.......any help with this?  thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/24/2017 at 6:02 AM, zer0cool said:

Seriously considering the Buco J-24 leather biker jacket. Anyone own this jacket can speak to its quality, sizing, and most importantly, is it worth the price i.e. would you buy it again? I have the RMC M-65 in a size medium.

I'm marginally biased here - we don't stock the regular J-24, but the J-24L was what put us over the top on picking up The Real McCoy's. 

Quality - I haven't seen anything better, or more carefully executed on, and the leather isn't like anything anyone else is using.

Sizing - buy your chest size in the J-24L for the rock-star fit. Unsure on the regular one - seems about the same from trying on in JP.

Value - 100% - We've sold a ton of these, and everyone has been so happy with them. 

2 hours ago, mrsmiff said:

We measure everything we have in stock ourselves, plus try on everything in the line every time we go to Japan. 

have you considered the shrinkage on the chambray shirts and jackets denim and pants?

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Geeman said:

Share the knowledge then Dude!

I don't want to be too public for risk of getting the store in trouble. I don't know how militant RMC is about their overseas policies.

Anyone who wants the name and link of the store can PM me though just as a couple of members already have

Edited by dudewuttheheck

Decided to check out the pronto stores in Bangkok, spent a fair bit of time checking out the mccoy denim.

There were lot 904 and 904s. I could see the difference in the hue of the indigo. Is there any other differences? On their japan webstore I only see the 's' models.

44 minutes ago, chewie said:

The 904s is the unsanforized model. Ive never seen without the "s" either.

Perhaps The one without the "s" was the 004 model?

by any chance did you take any pictures of both to compare?

Yea i regretted not taking any pictures. It wasn't the lot 004, as i had that next to it as well. But good to know the 's' means unsanforized model.