jubei

Real McCoy's / Joe McCoy's Jeans

I agree the site looks ace. Much nicer than the Japan site for navigating and product images.

Those Lot002 on the last page are amazing! I am currently wearing mine and some 991xh.

Just booked flights to Japan for December, RMC in Tokyo is destination #1 - anyone else around? I just saw the new c-2 flying vest which may be a purchase.

You will love the Tokyo store ( not sure if you've been before ) , definitely one of the best stores I visited

20150713_132949_zpsjvt7ax0q.jpg

20150713_132919_zpswfzwgifu.jpg

They only pics I was able to take

Be sure to check out Marvins vintage across the street , super cool

Number 1 stop when I go in April.

Flash did you vist Hinoya? 

Yes mate , great store and there are a few other shops on the same Street

Hinoya plus

Ameracaya ( something like that 😊)

And another one I can't remember

Yep been there several times. And when it was in daikanyama before (now denime I believe). Hoping to ditch the kids for a day or two at the in laws so we can head to Tokyo and enjoy it!

:) to be honest I wanted to do the same but in my case it was the wife ...

Ha! wait til you have kids. Very limited dragging around denim shops is tolerated and mine are seriously easy going!

Thanks spencer. But probably not... I got an aero j106 in the summer which I am pretty happy with. Might have another stab at the engineer boots though, after my half hearted try to get them on in New York.

I'll definitely pick up a couple more sweats, i would really like an olive one of they have any.

The website looks awesome indeed (and makes me want to spend money. A lot of it).

Edited by Max Power

anyone know how to size the 991 black version? If im not mistaken the Joe McCoy regular denim line is one size down, RMC denim two sizes down

so still looking to pick up a pair of these; measurements online are confusing; ones on Nagoya are true to tag size (after wasking? one wash version?) on other sites they are seriously oversized (like RMC models)

for reference; I wear size 28 in RMC lot 4 and they are still loose around the waist

website looks magnificent; serious itch to pick up some additional RMC items

I sized down one for my 991s Slab, if that helps, and they fit great.

Website looks fantastic Coleslaw!

so still looking to pick up a pair of these; measurements online are confusing; ones on Nagoya are true to tag size (after wasking? one wash version?) on other sites they are seriously oversized (like RMC models)for reference; I wear size 28 in RMC lot 4 and they are still loose around the waistwebsite looks magnificent; serious itch to pick up some additional RMC items

^^ This, the sizing info stopped me copping the 991xh. According to some sites I'd need a 29 30 presoak which just doesn't feel right.

Edited by Geeman

I agree the site looks ace. Much nicer than the Japan site for navigating and product images.

Those Lot002 on the last page are amazing! I am currently wearing mine and some 991xh.

Just booked flights to Japan for December, RMC in Tokyo is destination #1 - anyone else around? I just saw the new c-2 flying vest which may be a purchase.

how long you gonna be there for?

how long you gonna be there for?

23rd dec-8th jan

Only a few days in Tokyo though.

Very nice mate , was soo close to buying some 001's but held back in the end

Purchased some Double Diamond chino's lately and my denim has hardly got a look in of late apart from when I manage to rub my dirty fingers on them and they end up in the wash. 

IMG_1892_zpstwktfpge.jpg

But very well made with nice soft and thick cotton. The fit isn't quite as slim as my pair of Wallace and Barnes selvedge chinos but very comfy nonetheless. 

Really liking RMCs stuff, I popped in to the Covent Garden store and could have spent a lot of money as didn't see much I didn't like, in particular the deer leather down filled gillet, but a bit skint at the mo. :(

How much shrinkage really can I expect out of Real McCoy denim? Half an inch? I know it's sanforized but I can expect 3-5% shrinkage? Real close to pulling the trigger on the WW2 era type 1 jacket and I don't want it to be too short.

Hardly any in my experience, not unless you wash extremely hot and tumble dry. Literally half an inch as you say is probably about max in a standard warm wash and dry.

Ciabatta I'd be interested in some fit pics of the S003J if you grab one, I think it looks really nice!

Playing around with my new gorilla pod and really wishing it was colder, at least I got a nice shot of the buco though!

V5OUvmh.jpg

Ciabatta I'd be interested in some fit pics of the S003J if you grab one, I think it looks really nice!

Placed my order today. Having a little buyers remorse but oh well haha. Will try to get some pics up.

Playing around with my new gorilla pod and really wishing it was colder, at least I got a nice shot of the buco though!

Fit on that jacket looks really good! 

Question: The book they release annually, are they all the same but simply updated with information on new products?

There are products that are released seasonally and there are one-offs that only gets cut once. However, some products get tweaks and are re-released. The books usually feature the one-offs and some of the more popular items.

Anyone care to comment on how warm their M-65 jacket is?

Not wanting something too incredibly warm, winters here are usually pretty mild.

I know I don't need another jacket, but the M-65 has been on my radar for quite some time now.

I imagine its as warm as an unlined cotton twill jacket can be. It can be made extra warm by adding the lining, which the buttons to attach to the jacket are included, but unfortunately RMC have not made the lining. A vintage one fits, which we've tried at the store.

I had a RMC M-65 last year, it was warm enough between 5-10°C with a tee and a shirt underneath. Below that it needed at least a sweatshirt or the lining if there were one ever of course.