Real McCoy's / Joe McCoy's Jeans

jubei

On 10/17/2022 at 4:51 AM, vIGGiou riou said:

after 2 years of these jeans were sitting in the closet, I decide to give them life.

Lot 004, 60's vibe, W33, L32. 14,5 oz should be good choice for winter.

Now they are in the process of double wash in 30 degrees to take away significant amount of shrinking...

Raw measurement :

W 93cm

L 88,5 cm

front rise 31 cm

back rise 42 cm

thigh 34 cm

knee 24 cm

hem 21,5 cm

Add : I undersized one size, because my natural size is W34, but in raw W34 were 96 cm (38 inch) as I remember well...

IMG_2721.jpeg

I’ve put 9 months continuous wear into mine. They are holding up surprisingly well, despite all the bad quality reviews I saw here on the forum. Great fit for me.  Nice high rise yet sort of slim cut.  Slow faders but great construction. I thought the stitches were kinda boring when new. All tobacco color, but they fade in so many different shades depending on where on the jeans. 
i machine washed mine at 40 Celsius and then did a hot bath tub soak to get all the shrinkage out. They didn’t shrink much. 
i have a suspicion that their fabric might be sanforized of some sort. Have a raw denim jacket from them and that didn’t shrink either with first wash and soak. Not at all actually. I also measured to make sure. 
Because their denim shrinks so little after first wash there’s very little puckering and roping on these. With all cotton stitching I would’ve expected a lot of that. But nothing much there. 
they also run large. My waist is 91cm or 36inches. In All other Japanese brands I need a 36  this one was a 34”. It says L32 but they feel longer than that  maybe more like 34” long. 

F1E0CDD8-04BC-4644-9080-C3683AB72E34.jpeg

Edited by vlad_III

Does anyone own the outdoor wool pile fleece jacket? I am curious about general thoughts on it and if it's worth it's price.
I own a modern retro pile from Patagonia but I find the fit to be a bit long and awkward, and quality a bit so-so.
What I like about the Real McCoy's is that it's made out of a wool/cotton blend opposed to Patagonia's microplastic fleece material.
This would be my first garment from Real McCoy's.

On 12/29/2022 at 8:53 AM, vlad_III said:

I’ve put 9 months continuous wear into mine. 
Because their denim shrinks so little after first wash there’s very little puckering and roping on these. With all cotton stitching I would’ve expected a lot of that. 

F1E0CDD8-04BC-4644-9080-C3683AB72E34.jpeg

looks great but doesn't look like you wash em that often? hence the lack of roping and puckering 

Interesting. I thought most of the roping and puckering will happen on the first few washes as the threads and fabric shrink. But yes, these have only had three washes in 9 months. 

15 hours ago, vlad_III said:

Interesting. I thought most of the roping and puckering will happen on the first few washes as the threads and fabric shrink. But yes, these have only had three washes in 9 months. 

For more puckering the following procedure may work. Cold soak for 10-15 minutes, after that a full hot wash cycle (40-50 degrees) and immediately soak again in cold water for 30 minutes. Different denims may behave differently, but it won't get worse.

9 hours ago, Talan said:

For more puckering the following procedure may work. Cold soak for 10-15 minutes, after that a full hot wash cycle (40-50 degrees) and immediately soak again in cold water for 30 minutes. Different denims may behave differently, but it won't get worse.

Shock therapy basically. These I’ve washed on gentle cycle at 40 Celsius and then hot soaked in the tub as hot as it came out. Not much puckering going on except for the hem. 

3 hours ago, vlad_III said:

Shock therapy basically. These I’ve washed on gentle cycle at 40 Celsius and then hot soaked in the tub as hot as it came out. Not much puckering going on except for the hem. 

If you want puckering you may try temperature contrast. Or you can skip it and live happily without puckering. Nothing shocking in cold soak after 40 or 50 temperature wash. 

@vlad_III

Puckering is also pretty depending on the fabric/construction

The weight and the weave, the model. Look at the evolution of pocket construction on the 501... denim in combination with how it's sewn up will yield different results

-

I believe the lot 004 is unsanforized. I remember reaching out to RMC directly years ago and am almost positive it's been asked here more than once too. My experience with the denim is that it initially didn't shrink that much but noticeably continued to with each wash. It's very soft and smooth, beautiful green color when washed more

• 2 weeks later...

That’s what they told me when I asked. Definitely unsanforized. 
either way, they shrink minimally if at all. 
i machine washed them at 40 Celsius and then tub soaked on hottest water that came out of the faucet. No noticeable difference. Same with their jackets. Something is different with their fabric. 

Lot 003 is what you're after. If you want true full/wide leg, however, you'll want to grab a pair of the lot 900S. 

The lot 003 isn't really a high rise, but it is the most balanced cut imo. The lot 001 is balanced too, just in a different way, and more tapered through the leg. The 001 actually feels more generous through the seat somehow... I would reccomend either the 003 or the 001. 

Edited by JMS

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

365 days in Lot004. 
5 washes. I’m 100% convinced these are Sanforized despite what RMC claims. There is absolutely no shrinkage whatsoever.

A really tough fading denim that get super soft after a few washes. No major damage despite constant wear and infrequent washing. 

A54D933F-B0FF-4410-AE30-157D52F56B72.jpeg

847A13F0-856B-4249-9EF3-8B8E0E2B92A5.jpeg

2 hours ago, LazyS said:

Looks good! Anymore info on the painting on the back?

Met some people in America Mura in Osaka and got invited to a music event. They all had screen printed shirts by this guy across the street from Sankaku Park in America Mura. So I got the print on my jeans too. Glows in black light.

https://instagram.com/inkaddiction.osaka?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Edited by vlad_III

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Joe McCoy’s LEATHER FOOT-SUPPORT CLOGS

IMG_5329.thumb.jpeg.b00c7386653c43c48d1a41e3329025e9.jpegIMG_5330.thumb.jpeg.cd871db2d41348af1b52239461ade636.jpegIMG_5333.thumb.jpeg.be4039a8f4f1dec2f7b46ba2601e9cf7.jpegIMG_5332.thumb.jpeg.4f8f104d6a73cc7158595cef47ee343f.jpegIMG_5331.thumb.jpeg.bbcc4357cb9d30b3bcc247d1469637b4.jpeg

The leather used is the exact same as the N-1 field boots with a slightly darker shade.
Size large fits perfect on us10 brannock.
Never own the original Boston Clogs but I’m quite please with it despite paying the McMcoy taxes:tongue:

Edited by l13902733261

I've worn Bostons on and off over half my life now. Still usually the grey felt ones - same ones I had in high school. You can get them resoled. They're not cheap in their own right (they are reasonable in the context of goods discussed in this forum). My feet don't feel better in anything else and while they're ubiquitous I still like the minimal look. They are the epitome of the thing I keep going back to, second only to jeans probably. Even when I was skateboarding all of the time and I dressed in a way that reflected it more, I'd ditch the skate shoes for Bostons after most sessions and almost every day I didn't skate. Sometimes I wish they weren't so common but I also understand why. 

off McCoys topic, but on Birkenstock: my partner pretty much exclusively wears them for their orthopaedic nature: we was horrified to find out they have recently (I think?) changed corporate hands: looks like certain old classics are being kept (Boston, Milano, London), but a lot of the older more eclectic styles have been nixxed: if you wear particular styles that are no longer on the Birky website grab 'em on eBay whilst you can...