Real McCoy's / Joe McCoy's Jeans

jubei

Hi there I’ve exchanged this one so hopefully it’s ok probably the first time this has happened to me with mccoys stuff and I’ve been buying there stuff for years now  

51 minutes ago, Darren Barbera said:

Hi there I’ve exchanged this one so hopefully it’s ok probably the first time this has happened to me with mccoys stuff and I’ve been buying there stuff for years now  

Nice one - it was definitely a flaw, so I’m glad you’ve got it changed out

4 hours ago, Darren Barbera said:

Hey buddy - yeah I feel you on that, I love McCoy's, probably one of my favorite brands out there. They never miss in the quality control department for me!

8 hours ago, Toegun said:

Went to the McCoys store in London last Friday and picked this up

E1EF4DA7-5C94-4128-8412-1E13223FC2B8.thumb.jpeg.55bf5216de37400fef0d9ae8081208d9.jpeg

No side seams just the stitching down the back:
5D880171-AA49-44FF-84A4-11E03877EF7E.thumb.jpeg.b6423f3328e7dff781de00e58112f028.jpeg

nice cuff details (and the colour here is pretty close to what it actually looks like)

013640D4-ABC6-42E5-BEE9-466145F21646.thumb.jpeg.87ba660fdb8caee86bf79efa49d7d819.jpeg

It’s a war time chore coat, I wanted the ww2 type 1 denim jacket but only their prewash fitted me well. A touch of water and it round have been game over. 

Gave it a proper soak so it’s still pretty crispy 

2C97ACC6-BFE9-407F-BB7E-A6492A088AB8.thumb.jpeg.15c9dff4b06d214d44c86513645dd141.jpeg

163868F2-38A5-4350-A389-FDCDD1D88575.thumb.jpeg.f8bf0ee558a03270e62fa7ebeb7ef961.jpeg

lovely pattern on this!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Does anyone here have any Japanese connections or know of any proxies that will purchase RMC direct from Japan?

The difference in cost with the current currency volatility is insane, looking at a 40-65% mark-up from JPY priced in USD vs. purchasing from retailers in GBP, USD, EUR, etc.

Any leads would be really appreciated.

1 hour ago, JMS said:

Does anyone here have any Japanese connections or know of any proxies that will purchase RMC direct from Japan?

The difference in cost with the current currency volatility is insane, looking at a 40-65% mark-up from JPY priced in USD vs. purchasing from retailers in GBP, USD, EUR, etc.

Any leads would be really appreciated.

I buy a lot of second hand stuff from this guy David in Japan https://www.instagram.com/yakousei_shop/?hl=en

Hit him up he can proxy for you for a reasonable fee.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

after 2 years of these jeans were sitting in the closet, I decide to give them life.

Lot 004, 60's vibe, W33, L32. 14,5 oz should be good choice for winter.

Now they are in the process of double wash in 30 degrees to take away significant amount of shrinking...

Raw measurement :

W 93cm

L 88,5 cm

front rise 31 cm

back rise 42 cm

thigh 34 cm

knee 24 cm

hem 21,5 cm

Add : I undersized one size, because my natural size is W34, but in raw W34 were 96 cm (38 inch) as I remember well...

IMG_2721.jpeg

Edited by vIGGiou riou

On 10/15/2022 at 2:46 PM, MJF9 said:

See that McCoys store in London is appointment only… what next… minimum spend??

5A393F97-8B43-4FC7-A110-013E300814AA.jpeg

Damn, I went by there a few weeks ago when I was in London and went in without an appointment. I did have to be buzzed in though. Store was fantastic and I left w/ a loopwheel zip up. 

I’ve not visited myself but sent my mrs in a few months ago to buy a pair of jeans and she said it was a slightly weird experience. They even told her no returns on jeans. 

I’ve noticed there is hardly any email marketing from them anymore, barely any updates on Instagram and the new clothes are available on Fransboone months before they come available at the flagship store, or you can buy them cheaper from End. 

Hope they haven’t bitten off more than they can chew as I like them having  a U.K. presence. 

Edited by Jambon

• 5 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, JMS said:

No Japanese retailer will ship RMC overseas, correct? Barnstormer, Celluloid, etc.

If it’s something that they currently have in stock, the sale going on right now at S&S pushes prices on most things down to (or below) JDM—really rare opportunity, given that they seem to have just gotten a big shipment in pretty recently

After some quick math, only some of the items are equivalent to JPY prices after the 20% per $100, problem is that makes me have to purchase more... most smaller items are still at a 15% premium even after the 20%. It is damn close tho!

Yeah, it’s true that the math doesn’t work out as well in smaller things. I treated myself to something somewhat large (& on-topic) today, and I think I saved right around the cost of shipping when all was said and done—plus the free benefit of supporting the shop that let my try it on and all that, of course

Edited by julian-wolf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...