Real McCoy's / Joe McCoy's Jeans

jubei

I bought my Lot S003s one washed and hot soaked (I saw a lot starch in the water after) them but want them to shrink a bit more. Looking at my leather patch, its nowhere near the burnt and shriveled ones I see here. I should expect these to shrink more if I use a drier right? I've only worn these a week and the waist has stretched a lot. Even the hip area has stretched a noticeable amount so the hems is draping a bit lower than expected. 

Edited by mousemouse

9 minutes ago, mousemouse said:

I bought my Lot S003s one washed and hot soaked (I saw a lot starch in the water after) them but want them to shrink a bit more. Looking at my leather patch, its nowhere near the burnt and shriveled ones I see here. I should expect these to shrink more if I use a drier right? I've only worn these a week and the waist has stretched a lot. Even the hip area has stretched a noticeable amount so the hems is draping a bit lower than expected. 

I'm not too sure about how much more they will shrink, as I've only soaked mine in lukewarm water. But concerning where they sit, ironically I have found the 003's to sit low on the hips and have a shallower rise than my Lot 001, which sits above the waist with a higher rise (even though they're advertised as having a deeper rise?). The way the 003's are cut, for me I can't get them to sit high on the waist like you would expect a 'war model' to sit. I always get more shrinkage out of a hot tumble dry rather than just a hot wash, and you could try frying them in the drier. Personally, for me, the 003 cut is kinda weird in the top block, like they couldn't make up their mind on the rise/hip ratio. Love the leg silhouette though. Sorry for my psychobabble! I'm still on the fence with the 003's, and much prefer the 001's. 

29 minutes ago, JMS said:

I'm not too sure about how much more they will shrink, as I've only soaked mine in lukewarm water. But concerning where they sit, ironically I have found the 003's to sit low on the hips and have a shallower rise than my Lot 001, which sits above the waist with a higher rise (even though they're advertised as having a deeper rise?). The way the 003's are cut, for me I can't get them to sit high on the waist like you would expect a 'war model' to sit. I always get more shrinkage out of a hot tumble dry rather than just a hot wash, and you could try frying them in the drier. Personally, for me, the 003 cut is kinda weird in the top block, like they couldn't make up their mind on the rise/hip ratio. Love the leg silhouette though. Sorry for my psychobabble! I'm still on the fence with the 003's, and much prefer the 001's. 

The 001s are the 50s cut right? Comparing the measurements of the 003 and the 001s show that the 003s have a lower rise which may be why they don't sit high on the waist for you. Personally, I am happy with the lower rise (compared to my recent 50s jeans) but I am still getting used to the lack of taper in the thigh and leg area. It seems that hem cover a big part of my shoes when I look lol.

I'm sure i mentioned it when you pm'd me a few weeks ago @mousemouse but i sized down 1 on the 003's, didn't get the expected shrinkage after a 30° wash so I hot washed at 60°C and they shrunk up a charm. Ive never used a dryer, i feel bad enough flying my jeans in from Japan, i try and get back in mother nature's good books by only washing once every 6 months...

1 minute ago, Double 0 Soul said:

I'm sure i mentioned it when you pm'd me a few weeks ago @mousemouse but i sized down 1 on the 003's, didn't get the expected shrinkage after a 30° wash so I hot washed at 60°C and they shrunk up a charm. Ive never used a dryer, i feel bad enough flying my jeans in from Japan, i try and get back in mother nature's good books by only washing once every 6 months...

Yes I remember you mentioning this @Double 0 Soul. The place I got my pair from did the one washing and told me it was thrown in the drier already but it seems it wasn't too hot of a setting given the condition of the patch. I guess I just have to wait a month or two and use a drier when these get dirty. I am in asia where its constantly too warm so we don't do hot washes or driers so I will need to visit a laundromat. On the fit and sizing-- I could have gone sizing down 2 on these given the stretch of the denim but I'm happy with the looser waist of my pair 1 size down.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

McCoy's is beyond expensive, no doubt.  And some of it doesn't fit all that well -- the T's are pretty boxy, for example.  Also, not much love for their jeans, which I've never tried.

But their Shinki leather jackets are pretty damn nice, as is their cloth B-10 (alpaca that is as soft as it comes).

I have one of the same afterhood sweats there pricing at £315 and while it is a great hoody ( super warm ) it's not worth anything near the money there after . I bought mine maybe 5 years ago and I paid £200 at the london shop , that's maybe still a little too much if I'm honest 

The international pricing has taken massive jumps every other year for the past 10 years , I'm surprised international retailers can sell them with the huge markup 

Edited by Flash

I think they are using the pricing to set themselves apart from the other repro brands, particularly Buzz and be seen as a true premium brand. For those that know what they are looking at though (and this is from a fan of the brand) the price difference is not justified.

I mean how much can a loopwheel sweat actually cost ..... of all the brand's putting out high quality loopwheel sweats there is no real reason why RMC would be double the price of others. It's the same material, the same manufacturing method etc!

The same can be said of other brands though. I've always wondered how a 3 pack of Visvim basic ts can be 500 quid? Again a RMC plain t is expensive at 90 quid so what more can you do to a T to make it 100, 200 quid more? 

Designer wear brands have always used pricing to make themselves more desireable/exclusive. RMC are doing the same.

I only have one sweatshirt, the 12oz ballpark crew neck, from RMC and it wasn't worth the price. The fit is ok, maybe a little shorter than I'd like, and the construction is top notch, but it isn't warm at all. My trashed, 20-year-old, $25 hoodies provide better protection from the elements - "the elements" in this case being a 96-year-old Chicago bungalow kept at 67 degrees F in the winter.

Similarly if I compare my (newer model) Buzz sweatshirt with my Deluxewear ones, it just feels a bit cheap and thin. It just doesn’t match up in terms of fit, plushness or warmth although the sweats from both brands were similarly priced.

9 hours ago, Josh'N'Roll said:

I only have one sweatshirt, the 12oz ballpark crew neck, from RMC and it wasn't worth the price. The fit is ok, maybe a little shorter than I'd like, and the construction is top notch, but it isn't warm at all. My trashed, 20-year-old, $25 hoodies provide better protection from the elements - "the elements" in this case being a 96-year-old Chicago bungalow kept at 67 degrees F in the winter.

That's strange my ballpark is well cosy. I actually look forward to wearing it in grim weather!