Real McCoy's / Joe McCoy's Jeans

jubei

I like all my RMC stuff and theres plenty on the wishlist still to get but it certainly ain't cheap and very hard to find at a lower price unless you are in Japan and even then it's only the exchange rate that makes it any cheaper. 

The tokyo store still applies the tax to foreigners IIRC :o

I don't consider the JP pricing to be overpriced. It's in line with many other JP repro companies. The pricing abroad is pure rip-off though

1 hour ago, SLAB said:

I don't consider the JP pricing to be overpriced. It's in line with many other JP repro companies. The pricing abroad is pure rip-off though

Yeah it reminds me of growing up in 90s and buying Nintendo64 cartridges, they saw the UK as treasure island, and we had to pay £60 a game while across the pond in America it was $60 and with the exchange rate at the time it meant we paid almost twice as much as America. 

Same thing happens now with RMC. 

2 minutes ago, Jambon said:

Yeah it reminds me of growing up in 90s and buying Nintendo64 cartridges, they saw the UK as treasure island, and we had to pay £60 a game while across the pond in America it was $60 and with the exchange rate at the time it meant we paid almost twice as much as America. 

Same thing happens now with RMC. 

Yeah the best part for you guys was having to pay 60 Pounds for Banjo Kazooie, Golden Eye, and DK64... which were all made by the very British Rareware company. 

Sure, the cartridge wasn't actually made there, but I still found that concept ridiculous.

"Here Nintendo, we made these great games for you and we're going to give them to you so you can sell them back to us at an inflated price." 

4 hours ago, SLAB said:

I didn't necessarily mean overpriced but certainly still premium priced within Japan 

3 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Definitely...and so are the SugarCane retail prices in the UK for example

Absolutey,  SC is very reasonable within JP (and outside compared to some brands )

For those of you complaining about high overseas retail prices -  if you had your own store selling McCoy's, how would you price it?

Remember after shipping and import duties, you're looking at 20-25% gross margin at best for most items if you're selling at Japanese retail.

You've also got much higher operating costs - rents and wages in Japan are much cheaper than London, SF, NYC, Paris, etc.

If you're smart, you'll add in a buffer for constantly moving currency exchange rates too.

Bottom line, it's not sustainable to price it in line at Japanese retail prices because the costs are much higher for overseas dealers.

I don't think we were questioning that,  I certainly wasn't. It was more an observation on the price of RMC and how they control the pricing at their foreign outposts. 

I think most here understand the challenge retailers face selling Japanese clothing abroad and try to support their B&M stores as much as possible 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

They’ve been selling McCoy’s for a while now I’m not moaning about shop prices again but their price on the a2 is £2185 just not feeling the training jacket Was quite surprised at it really anybody else seen it am I missing something £729 

End don't discount RMC so must be prevented from doing so by RMC. 

In other news has anyone seen the shocking new releases... the JMC t and bleached hoodie. ..Awful.  

Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum, just felt compelled to join after seeing that RMC is now on END. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I recall Hitoshi Tsujimoto stating in an interview that he did not entertain any deals with END or Mr. Porter to maintain the brand’s exclusivity.

13 hours ago, Geeman said:

End don't discount RMC so must be prevented from doing so by RMC. 

In other news has anyone seen the shocking new releases... the JMC t and bleached hoodie. ..Awful.  

Just seen these ..... what the fuck are they thinking ???? . The promo pics I seen makes it look like there going for a hippy vibe but They look like something from Topshop 

9 hours ago, nesnos said:

Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum, just felt compelled to join after seeing that RMC is now on END. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I recall Hitoshi Tsujimoto stating in an interview that he did not entertain any deals with END or Mr. Porter to maintain the brand’s exclusivity.

I think it comes down to RMC having specific conditions for retailers to stock the brand. There is a large minimum buy and you can't put the items on sale. So I'm assuming that this limits the number of stores that can pick up an account. So in a way, I feel like RMC have limited who they can work with so that going with a large mainly online retailer like END, who would introduce the brand to a different demographic would make business sense to them. 

Aesthetically I can see how people think its a strange fit, I find the styling rigid and I imagine a lot of END customers glossing over the brand due to the prices.