Real McCoy's / Joe McCoy's Jeans

jubei

Why doesn’t Real Moon put up measurements up of their RMC offerings?  There has been a lot of McCoy’s stuff that I like on their site that I literally have had second thoughts about regarding fit.

29 minutes ago, Geeman said:

Perhaps because they don't ship out of Japan so they are in store only?

Eh, it’s a recurring issue on their other items like Buzz, etc.  They do overseas shipping but I’m unaware of them not being able to ship RMC.

2 hours ago, Geeman said:

RMC don't allow any retailer to ship heir stuff out of Japan. 

:(

Well, this stinks.  Perhaps I could use a proxy to get some instead.

Edited by mlwdp

On 10/28/2019 at 3:36 PM, mlwdp said:

:(

Well, this stinks.  Perhaps I could use a proxy to get some instead.

That's your best chance. I was able to get something to me from a Japanese retailer back in 2015, but I tried again the next year and no dice. I did just proxy a jacket from a Japanese store that won't ship overseas. If you know someone who is willing to help you out, it's cheaper than using a service, but there are a lot of reliable services out there. 

57 minutes ago, dudewuttheheck said:

That's your best chance. I was able to get something to me from a Japanese retailer back in 2015, but I tried again the next year and no dice. I did just proxy a jacket from a Japanese store that won't ship overseas. If you know someone who is willing to help you out, it's cheaper than using a service, but there are a lot of reliable services out there. 

Which proxy service do you prefer/recommend?

23 hours ago, propellerbeanie said:

Which proxy service do you prefer/recommend?

The one I used was Tenso and they did a good job. I have not had to use them in a while though. My most recent 'proxy' is being done by a friend right now. It's not a McCoy's product though, it's Freewheelers from a store that doesn't ship to the USA.

Edited by dudewuttheheck

If you're in the US, give your local friendly McCoy's dealer a call. I speak proficient English, can provide size charts and might even tell you an engineer joke if you ask nicely. I do a lot of these types of orders for S&S, just drop an email to [email protected] for more info...

On 11/5/2019 at 5:42 PM, dudewuttheheck said:

The one I used was Tenso and they did a good job. I have not had to use them in a while though. My most recent 'proxy' is being done by a friend right now. It's not a McCoy's product though, it's Freewheelers from a store that doesn't ship to the USA.

Ahhh I see. I actually used Tenso a number of years ago and it was successful, but I haven't needed to use it since then. Good to have a mate that is able to be your proxy! I don't have such luck...

34 minutes ago, propellerbeanie said:

Ahhh I see. I actually used Tenso a number of years ago and it was successful, but I haven't needed to use it since then. Good to have a mate that is able to be your proxy! I don't have such luck...

Well, I didn't have this ability until more recently, but I am very fortunate as it was the very last in my size and it's not a color they make often (FW, not McCoys).

Mcoys are run as standalone shops, franchise style, or sold through authorised dealers who have to operate the line to RMCs rules: specific shipping areas, no reductions etc. Well that's what I've read previously.

The RMC London site is actually empty currently,  assuming the focus is on the move. 

Looks good dude! Can't see anything wrong with the fit. Could be an issue if you felt the sleeves or chest were too tight, but it looks fine.

The only thing I don't like about my RMC A-2 is that stupid neck hook that frequently pokes me right in the adam's apple. I know this is a historically accurate detail or whatever, but it's really uncomfortable.

rambled on this some years back about someone's Pecos:

two classical perspectives

Sappho - what is beautiful is what you love

Plato - beauty is proportional

Proportionally speaking that fit looks good, but maybe/perhaps a swerve towards the tight.

But: do you love the way it feels? Are you able to move? cuffs / wrist ratio looks good but I always go by shoulder seam (which looks like it could go either way)

My guess is you think it is too small which is why you are asking, but a size bigger may drown; such is the worry?

I personally go down the Sapphic route: go with what you love (be that tight or baggy)

It looks like the armholes are a bit high/tight. Is the jacket comfortable to wear? That horsehide will take awhile to loosen up but it doesn't stretch a meaningful amount. If you like the way it looks and feels, keep it -- but you could size up and not look like a child wearing his father's oversized suit.

It looks very similar to how my old RMC A2 fit. I like a slimmer fit on an A2, but given how restrictive RMC A2s are cut, you may have very little room there. 

I'm not sure what your comfort levels are like, but it took just a month or so of weightlifting for my RMC A2 to not fit anymore. Given that the sleeves are a little short as well, you might be able to size up and have it still look good and avoid the dreaded politician look.