Real McCoy's / Joe McCoy's Jeans

jubei

3 hours ago, mpukas said:

They're a great pair! Have you washed them? They do look a bit big... 

Washed twice, could probably get some more shrinkage out of them but I sized up to get a baggier fit. The photos make them look wonkier for sure, I’ll try and get some more/better photos up after another wash. I’ve got maybe an inch tops in the waist and I don’t really want them to shrink any more. I can’t really achieve the fit I’m looking for with these without the size up 

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 8:48 AM, space_cowboy said:

Can anyone proxy me or recommend a proxy for this red stripe tee from this Japanese store: http://www.time-after-time.jp/products/detail.php?product_id=37995

I'm in Chicago, USA. They're the only store I've found that carries this shirt in Size L.

Have you tried standard and strange?

I'm not sure if they still do this but some time back I asked them for a real McCoy's item that they didn't have in store

they ended up ordering it from japan and shipped it over to me

Edited by olmecasteve

1 hour ago, olmecasteve said:

I'm not sure if they still do this but some time back I asked them for a real McCoy's item that they didn't have in store

I can second that S&S will absolutely do that whenever possible.

On 3/16/2019 at 5:35 AM, olmecasteve said:

I am living in Europe. I buy my Real McCos in Bangkok. That's for me the nearest brick and mortar shop.

Edited by Schorsch

Have you emailed the London store? They are an  official store and can order direct and ship to Europe 

18 minutes ago, Schorsch said:

I am living in Europe. I buy my Real McCos in Bangkok.

This, do most of my shopping in BKK even though I'm in the UK 

17 hours ago, Schorsch said:

I am living in Europe. I buy my Real McCos in Bangkok. That's for me the nearest brick and mortar shop.

Email me if you want to ask for mccoys stuff

17 hours ago, Geeman said:

Have you emailed the London store? They are an  official store and can order direct and ship to Europe 

I live in Switzerland. If I order from the UK I have import through Customs which means I can't return it if it doesn't fit. 

On 3/18/2019 at 12:12 PM, Schorsch said:

I live in Switzerland. If I order from the UK I have import through Customs which means I can't return it if it doesn't fit. 

So after the all the solutions everyone has kindly suggested - there's no helping you!?!

Better carry on buying from Bangkok - Even though you live in Switzerland? I'm sure this makes sense?

Edited by UkeNo

As I am currently in the market for a Brand I haven't had before, can someone give me a general rule of thumb on the REAL McCOY'S sizing? Can I go true to size or go up, e.g. if I want something that ends up around 34" in the waist, do I go for a 34" waist or a 36" waist?

I think generally most people will tell you RMC denim is a bit oversized, my only personal experience with their jeans is the 991 that I bought on sale years ago and the waist is a bit oversized. But I think it also depends on what pants you’re interested in.

Lot.001 was for the initial release 2-3 sizes oversized - Lot.003 and the more recent Lot.011XX were "only" 1-2 sizes oversized.

these models all feature different fabrics and some had new production runs since...

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2019 at 6:43 PM, Geeman said:

Is the London store an official one or just a franchise? 

As I have enquired a number of times about a few items that show out of stock and not once have I ever got a reply from them. 

It’s almost like they don’t want my money, business must be too good for them... 

I thought now with the EU/Japan free trade agreement we would be able to order it directly from Japan ourselves and cut out the expensive middle man. 

Edited by Jambon

3 hours ago, Jambon said:

I thought now with the EU/Japan free trade agreement we would be able to order it directly from Japan ourselves and cut out the expensive middle man. 

not really - import duties will still apply, no matter what & above EUR150 value you might face full or partial tax tariffs. also, handling costs might apply.

are you sure about that? A free trade agreement should mean there are no more additional tariffs charged; of course VAT and handling fees still apply. It is not a customs union