Real McCoy's / Joe McCoy's Jeans

jubei

• 3 weeks later...

Just so you guys now, the '18 F/W The Real McCoy's Mfg. Co A-2 jacket has an updated fit - mainly it's slimmer in the biceps and forearm than previous version of The Real McCoy's Mfg. Co A-2 jackets.

If one of their military items says The Real McCoy's Mfg. Co in the product name, or the neck label - that means it's not an exact reproduction and usually has a modified fit to be more contemporary. Other small details may be adjusted as well. You get the 'soul' of the original vintage jacket but with a modern fit.

If the jacket product title has another manufacturer - Rough Wear, Aviation Togs, etc - then it's an exact repro of a vintage original, down the fit. They will fit differently than The Real McCoy's Mfg. Co versions - generally the exact repro jackets are shorter in body length and boxier. 

Edited by StrangeNeil

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/26/2018 at 2:50 AM, tchengaa said:

hi guys ~ how do you rate the sweatshirts made by real mccoy? is it worth the price ? thanks ~

They really are the best and well priced considering.
I live in mine and customers from my store almost always end up buying multiple colours!

1 hour ago, Geeman said:

Agree on the sweats, ballpark are the nicest sweats I own (for a thick heavy sweatshirt )

Are the ballpark still in production?  I only see 10oz, freedom sleeve and loopwheel now?

Yeah the Ballpark are still in production as far as I know. I just emailed Mc Coy's about a restock so I hope so!

I prefer the Ballpark to the Loopwheel as they are a heavier weight.

2 hours ago, MJF9 said:

I've found Ballpark keep their shape better and that extra weight makes them that bit more robust 

Definitely. 

Mine is the one thing Ialways feel glad I wore when I wear it and it's  just getting better with age. My Ballpark hoodie is the same. 

• 2 weeks later...

I went to Pronto in BKK yesterday and bought a Lot. 004 . I want to war it in the office (mostly suits around), so I was looking for something a bit "dressy".

I am happy with what I bough. I tried to get some information  and didn't find much and if so it was a bit of contradicting. So I am fishing for some background  on this piece:

• It's a 901 imitation, correct?
  • Pronto sales (girl) told me that its unsanforized but would not shrink much.My main concern are the tights, they fit now well but I wouldn't like them to shrink much. Probably have to soak the cold of use dry cleaning.
  • Any information on the denim and were it is produced?

N
BTW, I also bought an N-1 in blue. I am totally happy with it. They had a Buzz Rickson's N-1 in the shop and the Real McCoy N-1 is a totally different quality (at a different price).

realmmcoy.jpg

Based on our shrink tests, you'll lose about 1.5" in length. Waistband shrinks but stretches back out quickly. The denim is custom made in Japan for The Real McCoy's.

The jeans do use 100% cotton thread for stitching as it's more historically accurate and sews up and ages a bit different than poly-core cotton thread. Keep in mind you'll have quicker stitching failures - the jeans won't explode after 3 months into a smoldering pile - it's more like a car that needs its oil changed every 3,000 miles instead of 6,000 miles. Just a little bit more frequent routine maintenance and it will all be fine. 

Leather patch is made from deerskin leather.

8 hours ago, StrangeNeil said:

The jeans do use 100% cotton thread for stitching as it's more historically accurate and sews up and ages a bit different than poly-core cotton thread. Keep in mind you'll have quicker stitching failures - the jeans won't explode after 3 months into a smoldering pile - it's more like a car that needs its oil changed every 3,000 miles instead of 6,000 miles. Just a little bit more frequent routine maintenance and it will all be fine. 

Thanks for the heads up on the stitching. I will reach out to a trusted tailor in time.

So the Lot. 004 is a 1960th 901 replica then?

Edited by Schorsch

On 2/17/2019 at 6:23 PM, Schorsch said:

My 004s shrunk a fair amount and the stitching began to unravel pretty fast.

Neil hit the nail on the head though, just keep an eye out now that you know and it shouldn't be a problem.

The shrinkage is definitely the main thing to look out for, mine shrunk a lot in a warm wash so take heed. I wish I took measurements pre/post wash but it was unexpected for a jean I was told was sanforized. Just wash cold.