Real McCoy's / Joe McCoy's Jeans

jubei

On 3/21/2018 at 10:46 PM, StrangeNeil said:

We got our delivery a couple days ago. When raw the waist measures around 2" bigger than the tag size (size 30 measures 32").

Gen (who works at the shop) got a pair, fit is similar to the Ooe Yofukuten OA-01 cut. He didn't size up, when raw it fits snug in the waist and it stretched 1" after a day of wear. He's doing a soak tonight and we'll post up post-soak measurements as well as post-shrink-post-wear after they stretch. He's going to wear them exclusively for at least 6 months so we can get a good idea of how the denim evolves. We'll have them on our webshop soon.

Hey man,

Any more info, fit, shrinkage, fit pics of the Lot 001XX 1950s jeans from McCoy’s? thanks

Thanks, Foxy2, for some odd reason I seem to be fixated on this pair of jeans; they are the anti slim tapered model! It’s going to take an end of summer sale though; just cannot bring myself to shell out this much cash for them. 

If I’m not mistaken, that’s $290 or so pre shipping cost which I will pay. It’s more a matter of principle than $, $384 just seemed excessive to me for what I’m getting. I’ll look in to buying from a Japanese site, thanks again, Foxy2.

just ordered a pair from S&S...

couldn't be bothered to try ordering from JP - RMC will most likely not ship outside of Japan or the known forwarding services.
this would mean the domestic price with taxes, shipping to a proxy, proxy fees and additional shipping costs (plus potential customs charges) would apply.

Edited by Foxy2

On 6/15/2018 at 2:24 PM, lance said:

Looking forward to your impressions, Foxy2, I’m slowly caving!

curious, too...

On 6/15/2018 at 3:37 PM, Aries said:

Look forward to your thoughts Foxy. Also S&S are always worth supporting.

I agree.

it will take a couple of weeks to get them over to Moscow, but I'll post some pics once they make it.

On 6/16/2018 at 2:57 AM, edmond said:

theys tretch a lot you need to size down! fuck i may even need a 33 on these 34 too loose

good to know - wondering if I sized wrong - we'll see soon...

Edited by Foxy2

Nice ! Went into Melbourne myself on Saturday night to buy a N1 deck jacket Real McCoy of course $450 , told it had about 20 wears .

very pleased with purchase !

Yep Aussie dollars . Kicking myself because when I got home I accadently hit sellers other items and I should have made a group buy , he had Real McCoy sweat tops and Helfingerblazer all in my size , anyhoo if it's still up next month I'll buy them .

• 3 weeks later...

arrived - way too big...still trying to get them to reply to my inquiry regarding an exchange...

should take some pics in raw stage, though.

Lot.001 (not Lot.001XX) - W30
Lot.003 - W31
S613 - W32
901 - W31 and W32

Lot.004 or 991 were never under consideration...

for Lot.001XX it was between a W32 or a W33, but I screwed up not being aware of S&S's method of measuring.

Edited by Foxy2

8 hours ago, Foxy2 said:

arrived - way too big...still trying to get them to reply to my inquiry regarding an exchange...

should take some pics in raw stage, though.

Thanks for your reply, Foxy2, sorry about the sizing issues. What are your impressions of the denim; is it anything special?

Edited by lance

looks and feels solid - need to get the sizing right as my fingers are itching to get them soaked.

a couple of pics in various camera setting...

IMG_E5558_zpsmobchuxm.jpg
IMG_5557_zpsdls7hyc3.jpg
IMG_5554_zpsp15hhdtf.jpg
IMG_5552_zps3t0iijbc.jpg
IMG_5550_zpsxsagivqs.jpg
IMG_5542_zpssvnsmhhu.jpg
IMG_5541_zps0upy9q0a.jpg

Edited by Foxy2

sizing is sorted - size exchange is on the way - many thanks to S&S for excellent customer service!

looking forward to soaking them and putting them next to my other RMcC's & JMcC's for direct comparison and review.

the denim feels substantial and I expect it to come alive once it touches water...