Real McCoy's / Joe McCoy's Jeans

jubei

On 1/28/2018 at 7:45 AM, mrsmiff said:

We're talking jackets here, not about one of my employees.

On 1/28/2018 at 10:07 AM, kicks79 said:

Dude, I'm going to assume that you are trying to have a joke. But online it comes off really bad. You've already been called out about it in other threads.

Maybe have a think about what you type before you push that post button.

On 1/28/2018 at 11:39 AM, itsbenhere said:

I’m sure that will be the post that makes him think twice next time ;)

whoaaa everyones so serious here lighten up. wheres the sense of humor?

damn i didnt know people are starting to be so serious around here. pardon my humor.

again i will never pretend what im not. so ill never think twice

fuck awesome shipment from the real mccoys at the store.

Post up pics @edmond! Fit pics if possible?

Also regarding the humour - all humour is based upon violations (of social, cultural, physical conventions etc.), but what makes something *funny* is whether that violation is benign; interpreted as harmless.

If something has an objectifying implication (for example something racist, sexist etc.), it's hard to interpret it as benign if you don't know the person well enough to have a solid grasp of their intention. 

So yeah, on message boards, where it's hard to really grasp someone's overall worldview and intention, probably not the best idea to go with those risqué comments ;).

• 4 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, edmond said:

whats the shrinkage of the 001xx??

Good question...

On 3/22/2018 at 5:46 AM, StrangeNeil said:

We got our delivery a couple days ago. When raw the waist measures around 2" bigger than the tag size (size 30 measures 32").

Gen (who works at the shop) got a pair, fit is similar to the Ooe Yofukuten OA-01 cut. He didn't size up, when raw it fits snug in the waist and it stretched 1" after a day of wear. He's doing a soak tonight and we'll post up post-soak measurements as well as post-shrink-post-wear after they stretch. He's going to wear them exclusively for at least 6 months so we can get a good idea of how the denim evolves. We'll have them on our webshop soon.

...maybe @StrangeNeil has insights by now...

I'll be in London later in May - I will pay RMcC's London a visit and take a look at these jeans - still haven't made up my mind, though.

Hoping to get some fit impressions on my Joe McCoy 30's Steinbeck jacket i picked up recently while in japan. The fit is a little bigger than I'm used to but the 40 was just too tight with only a t-shirt on. The sleeves should fit better once they bunch up slightly and I'm hoping to fill out in general a little more since I'm the slimmest I've been in years (not in a good way). Pictured with a pair of ~8 month old samurai s0511xx

20180428_112549.thumb.jpg.afb1d239410fb92032935e3562bcf7e0.jpg

Ok looks like you have a little room in it but the shoulders and chest look fine, which is where you should judge if the fit is correct. 

If you tried the size below and it was to snug then then you have the right size for that jackets cut. 

Looks fine, particularly in the recent photos, in which you seem to fill out the jacket a bit more. Though I get the impression that the jacket is intended to fit close to the body, I think you made the right choice. I own the same jacket in 38 and it's tight in the chest and shoulders, but being short, a size up would have been too long, so I'm limited in what I can layer underneath. I'd like to find a jacket of a similar design and quality, but with a more relaxed fit, and that's proving to be difficult.

6 hours ago, gumchum said:

I'd like to find a jacket of a similar design and quality, but with a more relaxed fit, and that's proving to be difficult.

Good Wear Leather springs to mind, but no idea how long the wait is these days.

ELMC Californian would be a good choice too and is somewhat readily available from ELMC, History Preservation, London Classics, etc.

@Akruk33 fit loks pretty good to me. I agree with the others it's about the shoulders and chest, which look fine. A size down would be too small. Nice jacket! I'm envious ;) 

@beautiful_FrEaK

Did touched it briefly couple of hours ago. (Not long after the message above)

really smooth hand feel. No real irregularities in the weave.

personally, not really interested either. Very nice deer patch though, supple & soft.

Will still be in Kyoto. 

Stopped in all three major locations in Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka and they're all amazing. Love that they're built like underground bunkers. In the states I'm never faced with such a massive collection of items I actually want all in one place so trying to pick out a few things was mind numbing. In the end I ended up settling for the Joe McCoy jacket which took more than enough of my budget

Real mccoy lot 001xx size 34 one wash from the store 

Waist - 17 inch

front rise - 12 1/8 inch

back rise - 15 1/2 inch

thigh - 13 1/2 inch

knee - 10 1/8 inch

hem - 9 1/8 inch

inseam - 35 1/8 inch 

• 3 weeks later...