Real McCoy's / Joe McCoy's Jeans

jubei

14 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Also, how about the Nagoya store?

I live in Nagoya and visit the shop somewhat regularly. They're actually not directly run by the McCoys company, more like a franchise operation (it's the same with the Kumamoto and Ibaraki locations). Selection isn't quite as good as such, where they don't necessarily stock the full range. If you're stopping by it is worth a look, but I think the Kanazawa one is owned and operated by the McCoys company, and should have everything, including most pieces from the recent collections. 

based on the article number I would guess you're right - maybe that means the jeans are coming next/soon...

the Jacket is already online with details on the denim:
http://www.realmccoys-nagoya.co.jp/?pid=127587348

no jeans - not even in the pre-order section.

Edited by Foxy2

Having a bit of trouble with the zipper on a recently purchased Steinbeck jacket. It looks a section of teeth near the bottom isn't meshing well, so it takes a bit of trial and error to zip past that part. Even visually, it looks like those teeth are slightly warped. Is this something easily fixed by a tailor or should I somehow try to get it fixed by reaching out to RMC?

That's tricky @gumchum, without the ability to try zipping myself it's hard to say precisely what the remedy is.

Rather than sending all the way back to RMC for a small issue, I'd first bring it to a tailor and see what they can do. In my limited experience, I think it could be an easy fix.

Meanwhile I'm figuring out how to wear this J-24L.

IMG_4674.jpg

On 2018/1/31 at 8:53 AM, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Is there an update about the release of this new Lot. 01XX?

And has anyone of you guys been to the Real McCoy's store in Kanazawa? Is it worth a visit? Since it's close to Kenroku-en I might visit the shop, too.
Also, how about the Nagoya store?

Generally speaking....all McCoy's branches are nice. On the other hand, these branches usually have the same stuff in stock so it can be wasting your time unless you're looking for something in particular (and not tax-free shopping :(, but Hinoya did)

On 2/25/2018 at 3:01 PM, gumchum said:

@itsbenhere Here's a shot from the side. A bit hard to see from this angle, but the teeth at the start are squeezed somewhat close together. I can try to get another shot of the area when zipped. The way the teeth come together there looks to be slightly off.

Probably worth a try, but a low key solution that might help is to rub some wax on the zipper and run it up and down a few times, it can help by providing a little lubrication, which can be a problem with metal tooth zippers.

White paraffin wax is your best bet, if you had an unscented white candle around, that will probably do the trick.

Might help, might not, but it shouldn't hurt anything.

Thanks to all for the zipper advice. I purchased the jacket from Superdenim and reached out to them.

It’s a specific style of zip form the 1930’s that has a locking mechanism that won’t properly pull up or down unless the very bottoms of the zips are exactly aligned. 
When zipping up the jacket you should have both bottoms of the zips level before you start trying to pull up the zip. Same rules apply when un-zipping the jacket, they won’t come apart until the puller is all the way down to the bottom and aligned. From new these also can be quite stiff so this will get much easier with time.

I'm embarrassed to say that paying slightly more attention when zipping and un-zipping has fixed the problem.

Every now and then I think about the Joe Mccoys pair of jeans I came across at Pronto last year, the lot 904. Pointless, but I found some more info on it.

"Five pocket denim with a cut similar to the 905 regular straight. One of the classic Joe McCoys models. The left hand twill produces a striking denim that will fade very nicely. The orange stitch looks great too. - Left hand twill denim - Orange stitching - Deer skin badge - 14.75 oz denim - Made in Japan. "