Real McCoy's / Joe McCoy's Jeans

jubei

• 4 weeks later...

So did BiG lose / give up their Real McCoy's account?

Or is S&S's claim to being the only RMC account only temporary while BiG finds other real estate?

I've been wondering this too. Sent an email to the RMC NYC store a week ago asking about what's up with their shop and never heard back. Seems like a long time for it to be closed, but you never know of course. 

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the market place based post...

Considering letting my Joe Mcoys denim jacket go, it's lot 924xh, the same denim as the 991xh. Size 40. Really nice type 2 in dark hairy raw denim. One soak. Had it nearly 2 years but probably hasn't had 10 wears yet. Virtually no visible wear. It fits great in chest and arms but is a little to short for me in the length on the back for me to be comfortable wearing it. If I can sell before I go to Japan in a couple of weeks the money goes towards a new denim Jacket in a longer length. Selling for 180 GBP. If you're in the UK I'll pay the shipping. PM me if interested and for measurements, there's pics of it in WAYWT and double denim threads.

No intrest and I'll end up putting on Grailed when I get back.

Any suggestions for denim jacket that's not to short and boxy? Theres a Momotaro, the one without the GTB stripes, that looks a decent torso length. Any ideas?

Any suggestions for denim jacket that's not to short and boxy? Theres a Momotaro, the one without the GTB stripes, that looks a decent torso length. Any ideas?

The PBJ type II jackets seem to have some pretty good length in the body. Same with some Iron Heart denim jackets.

You could also get a 50's denim jacket from TCB and have the length customized for you. I went this route but had it made shorter. Came out great!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Was in NY this week and yep its closed and no new location sorted yet. Blue and Green is still there next door but they don't carry any Real McCoy stock it all got sent back to Japan after it shut apparently. 

• 5 weeks later...

Where can one purchase The Real McCoys 991xh in the US? 

Give Standard & Strange a call or email and ask.  They will know.

• 3 weeks later...

Depends on where you live I suppose. I have the ballpark but I haven't worn it yet in the winter, it is pretty thick and warm. I think I will end up wearing it with a lighter shirt in the fall and with a heavier flannel or jacket in the winter. I live in New England and it gets fairly cold here so having a really warm sweatshirt is a plus in my book. 

Edited by pudaspriest

Trying to decide between the Ball Park sweatshirt and the 10oz. Looking for a fall sweater/winter layering piece — I'm worried that the Ball Park is likely too thick/warm for that?

If you're layering go with the 10oz. The ballpark are pretty substantial

• 3 weeks later...

Have they had a price rise at RMC in London / Superdry?

Was looking at the Navy field sports jacket - £525 on old website http://old.superdenim.com/prodpage.asp?productid=3497

£680 on new website https://www.superdenim.com/uk/field-sports-jacket.html

New website must have been expensive.