Real McCoy's / Joe McCoy's Jeans

jubei

You're going to like that jacket.  Very pleased with my Buzz one, and glad I was able to upgrade to the heavier version now that subfreezing temperatures have arrived.  Nearly as warm as sheepskin without as much stiffness or bulk.    

Random tidbit:

A Japanese Zero plane is set to fly over Japan for the first time since WWII; the man behind the effort is listed as Masahide Ishizuka, formerly of RMC Japan, and now with RMC New Zealand (The Few?):

http://www.japantoday.com/category/national/view/zero-fighter-to-fly-above-japan-once-more-in-demonstration-this-week

Edited by Iron Horse

i'm really in need of some advice now. that n1 deck jacket that i've bought not too long ago in japan for my trip, i've just got back to singapore now and after re packing my stuff for getting back to perth, i've realised that the zipper of the jacket has broken off. i can no longer move the left side not connect the zipper together. i'm utterly disappoint this has to happen now less than 24hrs since i left japan.

can anyone give me some advice on what i can do?

yeah i just did shoot them an email last night. i'm hoping the language barrier wouldn't be too much of a problem. Nah this jacket has not seen the inside of a suitcase thus far. i've own it less than a month and have been in japan. it was when i'm in singapore, packing for perth that i realise the zip was broken as i was about to put it in. like the whole loopy thing to pull the zippers up is gone too..

I held out on washing my Joe McCoy Ballpark sweatshirt as long as possible but finally had to cave yesterday. Washed with cold water on the handwash setting, low spin cycle and hung to dry. This thing is taking forever to dry. I'm trying to avoid any shrinkage in the length because I love this damn thing too much for it to shrink up on me. 

Wow you wouldn't expect that from RMC, was it caused by something in the suitcase? If you bought from the RMC store can't you shoot them an email?

wait a sec!

the zippers used on their N1s are all deadstock / original Talon Zippers from the 40s. You just can not hold RMC responsible for a zipper that somehow got destroyed. They utilized it for the historic accuracy, not because it's the latest super duper high end never break shit.

they should repair it though :-D

and i am sure they will do so if you mail them

The big differences being the rise, the denim, the sizing, the workmanship and the details/hardware.

If you size them right and/or to your liking, I guess it's mostly down to your preference in denim and height of rise...

2c92f95e5c1bc22b3540c203c37db02a_zpsd977

5e8ca82727c75db8c73d3f0c0b061f58_zps22e1

f87a0f5eda0d959e22537c9116179ea4_zps24d9

cea6f2cceab97e6f752460a0f55f045c_zps7c4e

e9a24e1a74470de7ef8ee3f1b17c4d1a_zpsab1d

I like both - it might be worth checking with over at DenimBro to hear out Double 0 Soul and his take on this...