Real McCoy's / Joe McCoy's Jeans

jubei

I agree, once had an original and everything below 5℃ is not funny. Although the lining actually is great and makes the jacket very versatile. It's not as cozy as a N1 but it works great.

You def should get one!!

Thanks guys, I think that answers my question!

The other jackets I have (Mister Freedom blouson de quart, Iron Heart heavy award coat, SExIH type III, SExDehen varsity)  are quite warm, and since it doesn't really get very cold here I've been looking for an in-between jacket.

I think it'll be the M-65 most likely. Just going to wait a bit since it's still in the 90's here.

I've also been wanting to incorporate that nice shade of olive green into my closet.

• 2 weeks later...

toys mccoy - lot.135d - w33

pre-soak measurements:

waist 35.25-35.5"

front rise 10.5-10.75"

back rise 15.75"

thigh 13.25-13.5"

knee 9.5"

leg opening 8.75"

inseam 35"

Details:

13.5oz denim, pure indigo (not natural indigo), thin/slim straight cut, deer skin patch, coin/watch pocket embroidery, rivets with U.S.A.A.F. embossing, one wash, button hole thread color

Supposedly, this is a more "modern" cut - around WWII, but I would need to find a reliable source other than Rakuten for such a statement first...

Take 5 details: 200 pairs, back pocket patch, back pocket print, non-wash, with bag

Foxy, did you end up breaking these in? Been eyeing the 135d for a while & looks like you may have some first hand experience?

Also spotted the 140d which looks to have a variation on the details and is 14oz as opposed to the 13.5oz (which I've just noticed ties in with the lot numbers).

Cheers.

o, your last sentence was actually enlightening to me too :-D

the guys from superdenim.com are doing real nice photos of RMC stuff lately, makes me want to buy it even more *sigh*

Foxy, did you end up breaking these in? Been eyeing the 135d for a while & looks like you may have some first hand experience?

Also spotted the 140d which looks to have a variation on the details and is 14oz as opposed to the 13.5oz (which I've just noticed ties in with the lot numbers).

Cheers.

I did - let me see if I have the here and I will get them out today...

Sorry, I don't have my Toys McCoy's Lot. 135D ( x Take5) with me here in Moscow - I will get to them in 2 weeks.

Maybe, if I have time by then, I'll get them out for a fit pic, or two...

In the meantime, these are the most recent pics I could find:

DSC01351.jpg

DSC01352.jpg

DSC01353.jpg

DSC01355.jpg

(After the initial break-in period and a first soak - had one more serious wash/soak since, in order to get them to shrink a bit further.)

Edited by Foxy2

Has anyone from the states found it relatively straight forward ordering from the The Real McCoy's Japanese webstore? I'm looking at a few new jackets and with the current exchange its about a $500 price difference between the Japan webstore and Real McCoys NYC.

Has anyone from the states found it relatively straight forward ordering from the The Real McCoy's Japanese webstore? I'm looking at a few new jackets and with the current exchange its about a $500 price difference between the Japan webstore and Real McCoys NYC.

UK store is even worse some items are priced the same in £ as they are in the US store in $.

UK store is even worse some items are priced the same in £ as they are in the US store in $.

it's even crazier that all the other regional stockists have to follow their lead.........

Yep it's a shame as I do like a lot of their clothes but if you are planning on buying a few items then I reckon you could hop on a flight to Japan and have a long weekend eating sushi and wagyu beef and still end up paying similar to what you would have done at Superdenim sat at home on your sofa. 

Edited by Jambon

Yep it's a shame as I do like a lot of their clothes but if you are planning on buying a few items then I reckon you could hop on a flight to Japan and have a long weekend eating sushi and wagyu beef and still end up paying similar to what you would have done at Superdenim sat at home on your sofa.

True mate, but you haven't seen my sofa... :-)

Edited by unders

there is that.... still, superdenim is kinda workin' for RMC really, so this price policy isn't entirely up to the retailer(s) alone.

after all, the japanese brands themselves are the ones with the biggest profit from the international accounts/sales, not the retailers themselves ;-)

Thanks guys, I think that answers my question!

The other jackets I have (Mister Freedom blouson de quart, Iron Heart heavy award coat, SExIH type III, SExDehen varsity)  are quite warm, and since it doesn't really get very cold here I've been looking for an in-between jacket.

I think it'll be the M-65 most likely. Just going to wait a bit since it's still in the 90's here.

I've also been wanting to incorporate that nice shade of olive green into my closet.

Not sure if you're still looking for a jacket, but I see the average low during the coldest months in Austin is in the low 40s.  You don't need anything too heavy.  

$700 for an M-65 is pretty outrageous. There's vintage jackets on ebay every day, and you can get a Buzz one with liner for less than the McCoy's.  If you want to drop that kinda dough, I'd look at McCoy's alpaca lined blue zip front deck jacket or a tanker jacket. 

http://realmccoysnyc.com/collections/jackets/products/the-real-mccoy-s-u-s-navy-zipper-deck-jacket-first-model?variant=10340811267

Not sure if you're still looking for a jacket, but I see the average low during the coldest months in Austin is in the low 40s. You don't need anything too heavy.

$700 for an M-65 is pretty outrageous. There's vintage jackets on ebay every day, and you can get a Buzz one with liner for less than the McCoy's. If you want to drop that kinda dough, I'd look at McCoy's alpaca lined blue zip front deck jacket or a tanker jacket.

http://realmccoysnyc.com/collections/jackets/products/the-real-mccoy-s-u-s-navy-zipper-deck-jacket-first-model?variant=10340811267

I've backed off he M-65 and most jackets in general, I've come to realize I have enough especially considering it hasn't been that cold here yet and our winters are so mild.

I really like the look and design of the M-65, but I'll probably hold off for now, I haven't even gotten the chance to wear most of my heavy jackets this year. That zip deck jacket looks very nice and toasty.

I used to own a bunch of McCoy's jackets, M65, N-1, Tankers, Field Sports Jacket, A2, Denim Jacket, Pea Coat, 37J1B Flight Jacket....but I live in Los Angeles, so only a few of these get actual wear.

Sold off a bunch and i'm just happy now with the Pea Coat, M-65, and Denim Jacket. Kinda regretting selling the N-1 though, since now my work requires spending a couple winter months each year in New England...

Out of these, the M-65 would be the one i would want to keep forever, due to its versatility. 

Edited by sithiri