Real McCoy's / Joe McCoy's Jeans

jubei

fuck me, that JMC backpocket looks nice!

talking about RMC/JMC denim, sanforized or raw. I have experienced the same with the pairs available at Vater&Sohn as coleslaw. and while browsing through superdenim.com the guys also state that today all RMC denim is sanforized, and JMC comes in raw.

great fits all around!

and yes, these N-1 detail puzzles me too... though I am not much wondered about that :D

Edited by Blue Nemo

It's a very odd feature...!

It's also a bit strange getting used to the high arm holes, they seem a bit higher than your regular jacket. Then again, the alpaca is so thick it's probably narrowed the holes so it feels higher.

A Joe McCoy 12 oz Loopwheeled Zip Hoodie is on the way to me. I seriously haven't been that eagerly awaiting new stuff for quite some time. (I tried on the IH SW-10 at DC 4 and loved it, but think the McCoy is the even nicer one).

max what are your thoughts on this, if you still have it?  I'm looking at picking up the mc12116 which is also 12 oz and should be around the time yours was made. is yours pretty thick, and are the cuffs good at keeping elasticity?

I was considering the ih but the price will be way more, how does it compare? and to your strike gold indigo?  thank you sir!

Denim is warp faced - the only chance of bleeding, rubbing or color transfer would the hem.

Now, if you wear monster cuffs there is almost no contact with indigo yarns other than the little bit of selvage on the outseam...

(There should be no real dying happening just superficial color transfer - the boots seemed to be brushed regularly, that should take care of any indigo transfer.)

Edited by Foxy2

That makes sense, but I cuff my TCB and there's been a fair bit of indigo transferred onto my rough-out Vibergs. It has to be coming from the inside of the fabric. I should probably give my boots a brushing at some point, heh.

Well, there is always a bit of warp thread expose on the off side, but for most denims this exposure is quite limited.

Took some shots of my Joe McCoy 906 today to contribute to the 1966 thread, but realised these are some way from an archetypal 66 jean - they have hidden rivets, off-centre belt loop, coin pocket selvedge, v stitch at top button. That said they have a paper patch & the fit is on point so it may be useful to show how far interpretation can go. Anyway, I'll stick the photos in here for the time being:

Fit pic (excuse shadow and wonky angle - all the wife's fault):

oepGWell.jpg?1

Laid flat:

NJz2ITUl.jpg?1

h3WCSNvl.jpg?1

Details:

I've said this before but I love the way the patent on the patch pre-dates Levis'. The bare-faced cheek of it all!

rIuSwGsl.jpg?2

I noticed today that the garment workers union label has 'Duck Goods' stamped across so I assume the guys at RMC were working off a label from a duck garment - pretty cool find!

YJjX5Qol.jpg?1

Hi all,

Just to check something.

The Japanese prices displayed on realmccoys.co.jp, are they accurate to what you would find in the physical stores in Japan? I would imagine they are, however I seem to recall reading something about the prices on the site being slighly different from their physical locations.

Thanks for any help.

Real McCoys boondockers, 8 months in.

P.S. Really liking those boots.

Edited by plebsrus

Nice shirt, I grabbed it too last week! Loving the fit and details.

For anyone looking to buy one, I sized down 1 shirt size from my Real McCoy's chambray size. Joe McCoys tends to run a bit larger in shirts I find.

• 1 month later...

Quick pics of N-1 (wouldn't wear it with what I'm wearing right now, but just wanted to give people an idea of fit). Any idea on the reasoning behind the 'handles' sown below the arm openings?:

IMG_2129_zpsc73cee8d.jpg

The loops under the arms are a true detail found on original navy coloured N-1 deck jackets. The reason this isn't featured on the khaki version is because they were produced at different times in history, the navy version being produced for just 10 months in 1941.

Part of the accompanying uniform issued with the deck jacket were overalls, the shoulder straps of which would be fed through the under arm loops of the jacket so that troops could comfortably slip off their jacket and have it sit around their waist with quick access if they needed to put it back on. When the khaki version came in to production later, the arm loops were not considered a necessary enough detail to warrant extra time/money.

The Real McCoy's, being perfectionists, have replicated this detail correctly.