Real McCoy's / Joe McCoy's Jeans

jubei

Before Xmas I think.

http://www.drapersonline.com/news/menswear/japanese-menswear-brand-the-real-mccoys-gears-up-for-uk-retail-debut/5064518.article?blocktitle=More-News&contentID=12399#.VD6VT2RDvjO

"Cult Japanese menswear brand The Real McCoy’s will open a UK store in Covent Garden in November.

The 270 sq ft store on Henrietta Street will stock the US vintage-inspired brand’s flight jackets, pea coats, sweatshirts, denim and accessories. Retail prices will range from £65 for a T-shirt to £1,600 for a leather jacket.  

The store will be operated by York-based Noverre, The Real McCoy’s European wholesale partner, which also stocks the brand through its premium menswear etail site Superdenim.

The Real McCoy’s has 10 stockists in Europe including 14oz in Berlin, VMC in Zurich and Tenue de Nîmes in Amsterdam. The brand’s forthcoming London shop follows the opening of a store in SoHo, New York in July this year - marking the brand’s first store outside of Japan, where it has 10 shops.

Superdenim owner Lewis Hull said he wanted to capitalise on the rise in demand for the brand: “Sales were slow when we first launched it on our site seven years ago. Few people knew about it but now awareness has grown – and it’s quite addictive once people buy the product. The brand has grown to a point we feel that now is the right time to launch a store [in the UK].

He added: “We want people to be able to touch and feel the product.â€"

Now that flying is so cheap I consider a trip, why not.

Yes, the prices are a good reason. Jeez, if I compare the RMC prices from nagoya and vater & sohn and superdenim I know for sure where I do NOT want to buy....

As for the quality issue.
My one and only sweater from RMC has two little quality .... em mistakes. One in the weave and one in the stitchting. Its not that a big deal. I even like (crazy) the flaw spots on my back and I took care of the stitching, but I wondered...

The next sweater is more or less on they way. I am not really bothered as mistakes are just a natural part of life.
As long as they produce their stuff inside of japan only I am fine.

Edited by Blue Nemo

Damn, 2 inches? Not directed at you Ed, if you request it, BiG will measure the exact garment they ship to you before they send it off. I can vouch for that.

This is for Ed: That's crazy how off that is. There's a new shipment of CPO's arriving soon and I can give you a measurements of various sizes. I'll email them to you.

awesome man thats what im looking for !

and also shrinkage and all.

the new liberty cpo fits a little big when i fitted the sample at the osaka store.. i need sizing on that too pls

Now that flying is so cheap I consider a trip, why not.

Yes, the prices are a good reason. Jeez, if I compare the RMC prices from nagoya and vater & sohn and superdenim I know for sure where I do NOT want to buy....

What sort of price difference are you talking between the shop in Nagoya and Superdenim? Say, a Military Sweat from Superdenim will cost you £160. What would that cost?

Why don't you do the math yourself?

The 10 oz sports sweater from RMC, the one I bought via Vater & Sohn for 129€ costs @ superdenim 145 pounds.

Nagoya takes 12000 yen, which is maybe 100€, plus shipping and customs fees 20€ is still way under superdenims retail price.

Cheerio

Why don't you do the math yourself?

The 10 oz sports sweater from RMC, the one I bought via Vater & Sohn for 129€ costs @ superdenim 145 pounds.

Nagoya takes 12000 yen, which is maybe 100€, plus shipping and customs fees 20€ is still way under superdenims retail price.

Cheerio

Vater & Sohn don't have an online store so I couldn't check there.

Now I can do the maths.

Danke.

Sizing for Lot 002 is a bit different from tagged size. Each of measurements are indeed done by hand and from multiple pairs. From my experience, each of the pairs are slightly roomy and sizing down can be suggested. From what was explained to me, the denim is sanforized, but you can still get some shrinking from them if washed and dried aggressively.

The Real McCoy's jeans are very mud more in line with vintage fits than newer cuts. Think pre-1960's. The Joe McCoy 991 and 906s are the slimmest cuts, but they are not what you call skinny jeans. All of the Real McCoy's jeans lot 001~004, are very vintage fit, think mid-tall-ish rises and larger leg openings. Lot 004 has a slight taper, but still the legs are pretty full.

Denim weights for Joe McCoys are between 13.75oz and 14.75oz. The Real McCoy's denim weights are between 14.75 to 17oz 

For the 991XH size 30, the denim does shrink quite a bit if you hot wash and dry. Usually up to 2.5" in the waist and 1"~2" in length. I wear my 991xh jeans pretty relaxed, so my pair is a bit loose and stretched out. My suggestion is to decide how you like to wear your jeans, and then pick a size that will give you 1"~2" working room.

If you can't even button it when its raw, (I know some ppl don't mind working for it, usually at the cost of the button popping off) then it might be tough to start there.

The Joe McCoy jeans are sized up from tagged to account for various inconsistencies in shrinking, but thats one of the reasons we love raw denim, the organic nature of un-sanforized denim.

• 3 weeks later...

They deduct the tax from the price when ordering from outside of Japan and and it does state free shipping above a certain spend...

Doesn't mean you won't get hit by any charges when it's delivered though, that's just the luck of the draw though. I presume you are looking at the English site?

having just ordered and received the field sports jacket from RMC Nagoya, that is true. Regardless of order amount, the 8% japanese sales tax will be deducted from final price. Over 50000 yen is free international shipping. The only potential charge is customs. 

here is the field sports jacket just in:

great construction as always, and to those interested - size up for this one. i'm a 36 in mostly everything RMC, had to go up to 38 for this one. I can probably fit a flannel or a light sweater underneath, but nothing more.

15156251613_3e527b8bdd.jpg

15777243002_6d44a0f94d.jpg

Edited by sithiri

Hey guys. Anyone interested, I'm selling a bundle of one pair of Real McCoys Lot 04 Jeans, one pair of Joe McCoy 991xh jeans (both size 31 and in mint condition) and a Navy Ballpark sweater size L (mint) as well. Letting go of all three together for $350 shipped. Giving y'all dibs before I put 'em up on eBay.

Edited by Theloniouskase21