Real McCoy's / Joe McCoy's Jeans

jubei

Blue memory for Ball park go TTS for military size up 1 I think. I have a ballpark sweat on the way from RMC Nagoya now should be with me on Thursday, I'm 71kg 39/40 chest and went for a medium. I'll know if I was right on Thursday..... 

That is good to hear!

Maybe I should then take the S as I am a bit smaller, weigh even less and my chest is somewhere between 36 and 37 inch.

What color did you choose? I am aiming for the black one, the darkbrown stitches will look great with my new KAPITAL :D

That is where I got the grey one from, sadly its the only color available. And I also want to try out a loopwheeled one.

Vater & Sohn carries a lot of RMC stuff now, so you might be able to try them on. Just saw the grey one, though.

Either you are a master of lighting and photography or those or great looking jeans -- or both.

For example, does that third picture represent the (bright) color and (sharp) contrast accurately or heighten things a bit?

John

sizing on the real mccoys nagoya web store looks dodgy. fuckin inaccurate. i fitted a cpo size 16 in their osaka store and the chest was not that size  the sizing they listed on site is a couple of cm bigger

you are all too kind! appreciate it!

@roeyroeyy waistband roping insanity! i think i prefer your pair over drz's (i realize his is 001).

hi there!! thanks for the kind words. i personally still prefer drzs over mine. His pair is something I've always admired. Texture is beyond words and plus his 001 uses the old fabric. certainly not the same as mine!

Either you are a master of lighting and photography or those or great looking jeans -- or both.

For example, does that third picture represent the (bright) color and (sharp) contrast accurately or heighten things a bit?

John

hi john sorry for the late reply! Totally understand where you coming from. I am not a master of lighting or anything you mentioned. Third picture was taken with fuji x100 f2.8. shot outdoor under shade, bias lighting. I had no control over the lighting situation. In this case post processing is necessary (at least for me) as to balance and provide clarity for the picture. However, I kept it to minimum. My goal is to get clearest picture without distorting the meaning. Rest assured no sharpening was done on this one. I'm have plenty of stuffs to work and editing pictures meticulously just to be posted on forums isn't something i will spend my time on. And I suppose, different handphones/laptops will give different image quality and thus affecting perspective. I am sure you have encountered such situation where the image you capture with handphone/camera is different when you see it on computer screen. It is all back to individuals and their ideology of what makes a good picture. or maybe..... it's just the mccoy thingy  ;)

Not so sure about that Ed,

I have confidence in BIGs measurements.

Bear in mind that when a lot of people measure things they use The "B.I.G" method.

From my experience of McCoys the Nagoya stores sizing looks alright.

I'd email them to confirm the sizes of items in question - saves any problems.

really so your telling me they had me fitted a wrong size at the osaka store?

i could not close a size 16 cpo shirt but it says 54cm or something like that on the measurement and i have like 2 inch of space between the button and the hole

Using the McCoys website measurement chart, I was supposed to take the satin (green fatigue) pants in size L, in store I was very comfortable in size S (one of those pairs that has been machine washed several times). As for sweats, going by the chart I am supposed to take L or XL. I have a sweatshirt in L and I believe M would have been better. My reference measurements were taken by products made by Iron Heart, Pure Blue Japan and Momotaro. All of those three seem to be pretty consistent, in my experience. 

Just saying. 

really so your telling me they had me fitted a wrong size at the osaka store?

i could not close a size 16 cpo shirt but it says 54cm or something like that on the measurement and i have like 2 inch of space between the button and the hole

Damn, 2 inches? Not directed at you Ed, if you request it, BiG will measure the exact garment they ship to you before they send it off. I can vouch for that.

This is for Ed: That's crazy how off that is. There's a new shipment of CPO's arriving soon and I can give you a measurements of various sizes. I'll email them to you.