Real McCoy's / Joe McCoy's Jeans

jubei

In order to protect the brand image, THE REAL McCoys and its regular distributors prohibit sales and posts by the shopping mall (RAKUTEN GLOBAL MARKET) through internet from mid-August 2014.
For this reason, online shopping about THE REAL McCoys products and its related products will be available only in "The REAL McCOY'S NAGOYA Online store" from the middle of August.

We are sorry for the inconvenience it may cause to the customers. We appreciate your understanding.

There is no change about the in-store shopping at "The REAL McCOY'S NAGOYA" store.

Here is the japanese website: 
http://www.realmccoys-nagoya.co.jp/
The english website is still under construction.

We look forward to your shopping at "The REAL McCOY'S NAGOYA".

That's interesting that they do that.... for me, as soon as I have to work in order to give someone my money (and they want it that way), my desire to purchase something goes way down. 

That being said... this has probably been talked about a million times, but does anyone know how the navy/indigo/purpley joe mccoy pullover sweatshirt compares to something like a strike gold?

If you want to get more shrink out of them, give them a hot wash and be done with it.  They're not going to shrink much more after that (although I'm surprised they would at all if they're sanforized), and you're not going to harm the denim.  

TEMPERATURE - 140F (60C)?

If I were you I'd just put them in a machine inside out when they're dirty and wash either hot/cold depending on what you feel like... I've never had problems with this and it's a lot easier and more effective than hand washing them in a bathtub.

RIGHT AWAY OR WEAR THEM FOR A MONTH OR TWO AND THEN DO THE FINAL HOT WASH TO GET THE FURTHER DESIRED SHRINK?

Don't yell at me man...hahha. 140f seems fucking hot so I'm not sure, you might lose the patch. I have no clue what the "hot" setting on my washer is temperature wise. If I were you id just do the wash and get the shrink out now so you'll know if they'll work or not...

Akhan, thanks! I don't really care if they're loop wheeled or not, mainly just if they're up to par considering how expensive they are. Do you think they're in the same league as other brands? How would you describe the feel? If you have one

Sorry for the YELLING  :D

I only came up with 140 F as some internet snooping revealed people using 60C in their washing machines.  It also seems hot to me  - especially considering I always wash my jeans in cold water - and always hang to dry.

Seems like doing a machine wash right now to ring out the final shrink is what i will try.  I have a Miele washing machine (fancy fancy!) with a delicate setting (short times and not too much agitation) and have a choice of temperatures.  Their warm settings of either 105 or 120 F seem like the way to go rather than the hot setting of 140.  Cold water machine wash might not ring out any more shrinkage?

Am I understanding things correctly in that if the jeans hit "any" water at all, regardless of temperature, then they will shrink?  If the water is hotter than the more the shrinkage?  Of course all bets probably off with the 004 as they are sanforized however good to know for the future with non sanforized jeans?

I'll stop bothering with the questions - just rather gun shy since I screwed up the sizing on my first pair of 004 last month at $400.  Back to the well again for another $400 and a size 33 - at least I can now sit down at the table and the waist does not bother me after 5 minutes.

shameless plug - anyone want a size 32 of lot 004 pm me

I think that if you do a warm wash (inside out) you should be just fine and get out shrinkage if there is any. And yes, for unsanforized, hotter is more shrink.

And come on dude, we all know Cosmo only sticks to papaya king hot dogs ;)

@buzzlulu though i don't own any ues jeans, i follow their initial soak/wash method. http://www.ues.co.jp/rainbowcounty/laundry.html

the wash (with detergent! oh the horror!) gets all the shrink out and the one-hour hot soak before that gets a lot of the starch stiffness out of the denim already so there's less possibility of unwanted creasing in the washing machine.

similar to the samurai first soak ritual posted somewhere else on sufu, i believe.

Akhan, thanks! I don't really care if they're loop wheeled or not, mainly just if they're up to par considering how expensive they are. Do you think they're in the same league as other brands? How would you describe the feel? If you have one

I have four, they all have different fabrics. They all feel amazing though only one of mine is as heavy as The SG sweats. That being said i really do prefer the look, the fit, and the feel of the mccoys sweats. They also have some dope prints.

I would say avoid the loopwheeled RMC ones (there are a few), of the ones i have they are my least favorite

For Lot.001 and Lot.003 I would tend to say yes as I mostly wear 32 in other brand...

Please keep in mind a few things:

- your real waist measurement

- the intended fit of a specific model

- shrinkage and stretch of the specific denim depending on preferences in soaking/washing/wearing...

For Lot.001 and Lot.003 I would tend to say yes as I mostly wear 32 in other brand...

Please keep in mind a few things:

- your real waist measurement

- the intended fit of a specific model

- shrinkage and stretch of the specific denim depending on preferences in soaking/washing/wearing...

thanks for your advice foxy2 :)

how about joe mccoy 905 then? thx

Back to my Lot 004 (sanforized)

How many wearings will it take to realize full maximum stretch in this pair of jeans?

I ran into a post from Kiya which described a new model that Selfedge just received and it said "will stretch out "x" inches after THIRTY times wearing".

I probably have only worn my Lot 004's about 6 or 7 times - I wonder how much stretch they have left in them?

Fit is driving me crazy- I am actually back to wearing my original 32's and have put the 33's back in the closet for now.

buzzlulu,

From this point on you'll just have to give them a bit of wear and see which pair best suits you after they settle down  (and stretch). The amount of stretch will depend on the sizing and your shape. 

If the 33 are loose now then maybe stick to the 32's and see if they stretch out to you liking.

We cant pick between them for you.

Good luck

Buzzlulu, general rule is that if you can get the top button done up (on first wear), the jean should stretch enough in the waist after 30 wears to be comfortable.

If you could not do up the top button on first try, you might be in trouble; whilst that might be fine for really stretchy light weight denim, I'm not sure it'll work so well with the lot 004.

Hi all, new to this thread.

After finally getting fed up with LVC's prices and having been hankering for some Japanese denim I picked up a pair of Joe McCoys 906. 

Really happy with them. I'm a bit reluctant to soak as they sit just right on the waist and any more butt shrinkage could be a bit indecent!

Loving the contrast stitching. There are quite a few bits of cotton thread popping through the jeans giving them an uneven look which isn't captured by iphone pics.

Chuckled that the date of the patent on the patch is 1867.

Anyway, thought I'd share measurements (no soak, BIG style) and fit pics.

Tagged: 31/34

Waist: 34"

Front Rise: 10.5"

Back Rise: 14"

Thigh: 11"

Hem: 8.25"

BKaSSlwl.jpg?1

pwPUPITl.jpg?1

Yx63RKil.jpg?1

Z0j58zwl.jpg

Edited by unders

That looks like a really good POST-soak fit. However, might you be able to exchange for the next size up if you haven't soaked this pair yet? I fear that after shrinking they will be too tight for you and a size 32 would be perfect. 

They look excellent with the engineer boots btw.

Bought them on ebay so an exchange isn't really an option unfortunately. I picked them up for a steal and I don't think I'd get another pair for a similar price. When I do wash/soak them first time I'll sit in the tub to try to mitigate any waist shrinkage and just keep pulling the waist out as they dry. Should be ok but if it's a failure I'll no doubt be on here whinging!

Cheers re boots, bloody love my RW's.

Edited by unders

Ok, so I also came across the Real McCoy shop in kyoto, and left with the N-1s.

Considering I walked into the shop wearing Viberg boondockers, this was quite the fear of salesmanship; the feel of these boots is amazing.

photo2_zpsf545039a.jpg

Materials close up:

photo4_zps06d4c661.jpg

Of all the denims I owned, my favorite pair is the Lot 004, because it fits very well to me, and it's not difficult when I squat. Also, I don't have to hem it, since after the hot soak, it shrank to a perfect length for me!