Real McCoy's / Joe McCoy's Jeans

jubei

Thanks good info, i hoped that the jungle cloth might be wind resistant enough to make it sufficiently warm.

It is probably the best looking military jacket design i know, pretty simple but yet appealing, i like the fitted look you got going on best.

So for winter i'm going to have a look at some other jackets.

Just returned the N-1 (size 42) for a 40....Unbranded, color is navy. The fit on the 40 should be spot on. From handling the jacket it should be warm enough for all but the coldest days here, 30* or lower. The outer fabric is tightly woven and mid-weight, the lining is mid to light heavy weight.

Should be getting Monday.

Have fun.....

Did you buy it from Bench & Loom Mon Dieu? My size 38 from there should arrive on Tuesday.

Special thanks to Double 0 for sending me his own one to try on.

Yep. Lar's shipped the wrong size....There very nice jackets, been wearing a lot of "Tech"  and this is a different tack.......

Did you buy it from Bench & Loom Mon Dieu? My size 38 from there should arrive on Tuesday.

Special thanks to Double 0 for sending me his own one to try on.

Got it, fit is right on and am very happy with color way....Should age well as the fabric seems to be "organic" in nature, will see.

Wondering what the "loops" are for on the interior under the arm pits are for ?

It was "KIMI's" post that led me to B&L, thanks.

Have fun.

• 3 weeks later...

I just placed my Ballpark sweat order, pretty excited since I've heard so many great things about RMC sweats.

I think I'm going to wait a little bit to order more from Vintage Paradise, I saw where they have some reservations for specifically loopwheeled items coming in from RMC.  I've never tried the reservation process but I really want the white loopwheeled tee and milk sweatshirt.

• 2 weeks later...

The denim is right hand twill on the Joe McCoy 900 series. I think the S is there to differentiate the model from the earlier 905/906 cuts. 

Lot 904 is LHT

same here; I plan to pick up a pair next year; any chance we'll be seeing some post soak pictures of those 004's soon Freezie?

Be a week or so before I do, need to get them hemmed first.

For info sake these shrank for me after a quick hot soak:

Size 31

Waist 34 - 33"

Rise: 11 - 10"

Thigh: 13 - 12.5"

Inseam: 36 - 34.5"

They are pretty straight down the lower leg so your good for a 8" leg opening if you're lopping off anything up to 4 or 5" from the inseam

Edited by Freezie

Can anyone who's felt or tried on the 991 and 991XH tell me the differences in the denim (besides the weight)? From pictures, it looks as if the 991XH is maybe a darker, richer shade of blue, and maybe more uneven in texture, but I can't really tell. I was looking to pick up a pair of the 991XH in a size 29, but the inseam is so goddamn short (according to the BiG website they're listed at 33.5"). And I haven't seen any evo pictures of the 991, let alone pictures of the denim side by side with the XH denim. I really love the fit of the 991XH, so I was thinking about compromising for the regular 991 that has a 36in inseam instead of the 991XH.

Edited by frank

I can't comment on the XH variant but I own the 991s and I really do love them.  

They aren't super dark in color and they have been fading pretty quickly over the last 6-8 weeks or so.

As far as fit goes I really like them, slim all the way through without being tight and uncomfortable anywhere.

I could snap some pictures today if you'd like, but I don't have any real comparison to the XH.

I guess my only complaint with the 991s would be the lack of back pocket rivets, but that is pretty minor really.