Real McCoy's / Joe McCoy's Jeans

jubei

One of the reasons i like McCoys.. they don't change from season to season to suit fashion. I hate nothing more than paying full retail for something then finding it knocked down in the sale at 50% off. I think this is one of the reasons a lot of retailers have shot themselves in the foot. Winter jackets come out now, I dont really need a winter jacket until December so i would not buy one knowing if i just hang on for a few more weeks i could pick one up in the January sales for peanuts. McCoys don't do this because its garments are repro they do not change to suit fashion, the retailers dont need to clear the shelves for new season stock so i feel i can buy with confidence knowing the item will not be marked down for sale.

The reason i bring this up is apart from the odd 10% sale on rakuten Independence is the first time i have seen McCoys with a drastic price cut, are you guys getting rid of the stock because you dont plan to carry McCoys in the future?

Thanks, double O. 

I'm very happy with the jacket itself and luckily also the fit. It's a 42. I'd say pretty true to size.

The contract is a fictional, I believe. As if The RealMcCoys had issued the specs. It's fitted with narrower sleeves.

Edited by indigoeagle

Well after my 30 minute hot soak on my 991s I have to say these might be my favorite fitting jeans right from the get go.

Enough room to be comfy in the top block, slim enough through the leg and a hem that isn't too big or too small.

I thought it time for a little update on the .003

After my initial posts on shrinkage ect i wore them for a month or so then ran them through the wash with no detergent for 30mins on 60C prior to a hem and they shrink up hell of a lot especially around the hips to aching proportions,no loss of colour.

I have been rotating with some V.West.  The .003 taking on the day shift and the V.west taking over at night. I will wash these in a month or two and change the rotation. (V.West on days) They have a liberal impregnation of saw dust so the colour is not accurate.

9939150466_2858982ed5_c.jpg

9939137085_06cfc6996f_c.jpg

9939165995_69e1010a06_c.jpg

9939199976_b0160f4cb6_c.jpg

9939211304_8de2895445_c.jpg

Edited by Double 0 Soul

They look great Double 0, very Paul T-esque, which is high praise indeed. Now, if you could just refer to your extensive daily notes and provide me with a detailed audit of your wear, I'd be most grateful.

@doubleo: would you say they're now comfortable again at the waist/hip? i can see some fabric foldover at the waist which indicates either a smaller than tts jeans-waist size or a beer gut (as is the case with mine). i was pretty surprised you took a 31 in this pair since it seems we're the same size in sugar cane jeans. which made me rethink then totally abandoned my planned purchase of this pair (was gonna get size 32). i like loose waist but not-too-loose legs, so i was afraid the 32 would be too loose all over but the 31 would be too painful for my beer/deep-fried-indonesian-delicacies gut. 

They was slightly too big after 2 hot soaks and i thought i could have gone with a 30" i was constantly hitching them up, the 60C spin did them the world of good and comfort was restored after a week of wear, Now they are perfect and i think the 31" was the right decision. a.kahn picked up on this before and he was correct, the waist has slight antifit if you see the 4th photo from top you can see the narrowest part is below the waistband and this is where the jeans actually fit. The waist is still slightly too big. That is what has caused the foldover because as you very well know i have a perfect adonis like physique with NO sign of a beer gut. The SC47,s in a 32" are a perfect fit for me but they do come up on the small side.

Thanks good info, i hoped that the jungle cloth might be wind resistant enough to make it sufficiently warm.

It is probably the best looking military jacket design i know, pretty simple but yet appealing, i like the fitted look you got going on best.

So for winter i'm going to have a look at some other jackets.