Real McCoy's / Joe McCoy's Jeans

jubei

really happy to say that I'm finally going to purchase my first pair of JMC's...it's going to be the 991XH! :)

had the pleasure to try them on today at VMC in Zürich. was blown away from the time I felt the denim...so much character and all the little details, unbelievable!

after that I think I'll be going for the RMC 004...also tried them on and the fit was perfect as well!

thought unsanforized is more what I'm looking for, so first thing first JMC-991XH! :)

I think the 991XH looks like a pretty nice cut. 

I'd love to try a pair on just to check out the details and overall fit, sadly my raw choices here in Austin Texas are somewhat limited.

Just want to get some quick assurance on the validity of these products; I mean, these prices are incredibly low:

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/vintage/item/mc12043y/

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/vintage/item/mc13103-13fw/

I just don't see how a loopwheeled sweat from The Real McCoy's can only be caught at $150.

Thanks in advance

Edited by whozdrew?

As with the flat head (who also reduced there loopwheeled offerings) they found that they got more consistent higher quality sweats without using loopwheeling.

Not exactly, the number of loopwheeled items varies from season to season with FH.  In recent seasons they've introduced sweatshirts and sweaters made with a variety of different machines - my favorite being the jacquard knit hoodies/sweaters.  The jacquard machine is insane, they say that there are only two machines in the whole country (making them even rarer than loopwheel machines) that can make these kinds of jacquard fabrics, where the pattern is knit rather than printed and the inside has this crazy soft towel-like texture.

Anyway, I was wandering around Nagano yesterday and happened to pass by a Real McCoys shop.  It was pretty cool, the guy there was nice (I'd met him somewhere before) and they had a Union Special 43200 machine, Lee Japan jeans, and other cool stuff.

Edited by Kyle@TFH

Does anyone have any experience with Joe McCoy MC13111? All the sizing charts are pictures in Japanese. 

Wondering if I'd need a medium or large

Button ups I usually wear 

Shoulder 45cm

Width 52cm

Length 70cm

Sleeve 61cm

But would want a little bit over all looser fit than my button ups, but not by a whole lot.

Edit: being released soon, nvm!

Edited by bradl

the RMC discontinued all loop wheeled offerings last year. Anything produced in 2012 (and ss13) was not loopwheeled. The new collection is bringing back a loop wheeled sweat and a white loop wheeled tee,  probably because of retailer pressure. Those will be the only two loopwheeled items.

Do you know if the loopwheeled and non loopwheeled sweat differ in any other ways? Size/weight/fit etc. I did email Superdenim about this but so far haven't received a reply.

there are two different non loopwheeled sweats, the heavy weight non LW is definitely a heavier weight than the loopwheeled. The lightweight is about the same weight. Fit is just going to be consistent with the line its part of ie is it JMC, RMC, or Buco.

after just talking about'em, I went back to VMC yesterday and finally bought'em :)

here some measurements + pre soak & pre wash fitpics:

anyba8a6.jpg

lvmm.jpg

os64.jpg

dnk3.jpg

9mn0.jpg

...gave'em a quick soak before putting them into the washer (cold wash)!

they're now drying but I already wonder how the outcome is going to be! :)

Even though im from the UK i cant visualise jeans in metric my brain's denim cortex must only work in imperial.

Exactly like me. Brought up in inches on denim.

And all clothing for that matter!

Edited by dant87

^should turn out fantastic. The measurements are definitely great.

and it really turned out fantastic buddy! ;)

fitpics to come... atm. all I have to say is that I'm in love :D one of the best pairs straight out of the box imo! super happy with them and I'm looking forward to put some wear into them!...

ok here ya go guys:

first i gave them a cold soak before putting them into the washer (helps to prevent any kinda damage during wash!)

4q7l.jpg

here the post soak/wash info:
3hz5.png

and some fitpics

(thinking about hotsoaking from knee down, to get a bit more shrinkage in length etc.!?)

k3vu.jpg

sn76.jpg

dcjp.jpg

9nnw.jpg

wearing them for the first time today and i'm already in love with this cut and the denim o/course!
whoever thinks about getting these...don't hesitate and grab'em while they're hot! ;)

Huge cuffs go readily with fuller cuts. With slimmer ones, it can look like they are unfinished and really need a good hemming. For some reason though, these work, maybe because there isnt much of a taper? I imagine after more wear, the jeans will have stretched out to an even better fit.

It works 'cause they're not skinny. I like my cuff on jeans with hems around 8,5" best - if the jeans are wider, you end up looking like all the rockabilly clones out there. Smaller hems look better with stacks IMO. So Finn has the, in my eyes, perfect hem measurement for cuffs that look good with sneakers and boots. I just feel like they would look even better with a smaller single cuff of around 1" (would need hemming then).

Edited by Max Power