Real McCoy's / Joe McCoy's Jeans

jubei

For what it's worth, I found Gordon's sizing and shrinkage info to be spot-on for my 991XHs, but I think they revised the 906 cut a bit recently, and the lot number got changed to 906S. Either way, this is why I usually stick to BiG and Self Edge. Gordon and Kiya know their shit and are great with sizing-advice.

Edited by misterjuiceman

^ Basically you're trying to tell us:

- don't buy from eBay, especially if you can't afford the retail price and/or if you buy from eBay you deserve to get the size wrong

- don't read or use sizing information from any of the online shops if you don't intend to buy from there

- don't ask sizing questions here because if you choose to answer you might deem it a waist of your time afterwards

I mean I have bad days too, but you sure have a lot of them...

I can't decide which RM jeans to get....

Am I right in thinking:

The Lot 001 and 004 are the same denim

Lot 002 are the loosest and Lot 003 the slimmest

Lot 004 are tapered

Lot 001 are regular straight

Superdenim.co.uk claim the Lot 004 is sanforized (sanforsied -as they say)???

Edited by fre-co

Am I right in thinking:

Lot 004 are tapered

No interest in the 991XH? I believe it's the same XH denim, but unsanforized. I just got my pair; it's my favorite fit of any denim yet. Really great.

Am I right in thinking:

Lot 004 are tapered

HOW CAN BE THE LOT 003 IS THE SLIMMEST?

No interest in the 991XH? I believe it's the same XH denim, but unsanforized. I just got my pair; it's my favorite fit of any denim yet. Really great.

I checked these out on big. They are a bit slim for what I want.

So are lot 001 and 004 sanforized?

Ed, you tell me dude. I am trying to find the answer.

Waiting fordoubleO and coleslaw...

Edited by fre-co

Morning,

I have read that the 004 is sanforised but find it strange how you loose 2" on the inseam with a wash,

You will notice that the RMC measurements that are quoted post shrinkage are also post dryer, You will not use the dryer fre-co so the 2" on the waist is not going to happen.

What type of fit do you want? scoot back a few pages and have a look at the yearbook photo,s

Morning,

I have read that the 004 is sanforised but find it strange how you loose 2" on the inseam with a wash

Double O, that's exactly what happened on my (Edwin-made) sanforized Lee 1937 101B. The effect if the sanforization process does appear to vary widely.

I think the XH denim for the 003 is a new material i may be (am) wrong about all the XH being new.

The 003 is far from a slim cut i have seen them described as slim but that's wrong. Translation error probably.

They are high waist/rise snug around the hips then a wide thigh tapering slightly to the knee then straight from the knee to the hem.

The 004 has similar top block then a straight taper from the thigh to the hem.

The 002 look like a 47 (as caps says) but i have seen them discribed as a 50,s cut they are the slimmest cut of the range imo.

The 001 are regular straight.

Edited by Double 0 Soul

Compared the measurement between 002 and 004. I found 004 is smaller than 002 on both thigh and hem.

And after analysing all 4 models, may I describe them following the regular pattern of denim type cause every repro denim brand would like to do:

Lot. 001 - XX type

Lot. 002 - 47 type

Lot. 003 - WWII type

Lot. 004 - 66 type

Just my personal views.

The XH denims are different weights so i would say yes the 003 is 14.25oz the 002 is 14.75oz and JMC 991 uses the XH.

You could be right caps, but i thought the 004 shrinks a lot less than the 002 in the thigh and hem.

In that case, I think the 002 and 991XH are the same denim, but 002 is sanforized. I don't think the standard Lot 991 denim is XH, though, is it? If not, how does the 991XH differ from the 991.