Real McCoy's / Joe McCoy's Jeans

jubei

Finally received a pair of 991XH from BiG after MONTHS of holding out for these. Every single detail is mind-blowing, it takes an extremely keen appreciation for detail to appreciate the beauty in the shit that The Real McCoy's produces. Only disappointment resides in the absence of hidden rivets in regards to the rear pockets. I'll live, but can anyone shed some light on this?

Kimi- The .003 was available to pre-order from vintage paradise from (if i recall) January the drop date was March. They did not have the actual jeans in stock so the sizing was a guesstimate, I did not want to pre-order on a guess so i hit Gordon up, He said that the 003 would also land at big in March.

Since Jan i have kept in contact with Gordon regarding these, Other Japanese retailers got stock around 10 days ago, again sizing was all over the place. When Vintage Paradise got actual stock it was instantly sold out due to pre-orders. Only the "one wash" was left that they wash themselves in store.

Although its yet to go up online BIG do have the 003. and Gordon sent mine to me last week. Here is a size chart that he spec,d up. He also sent estimated shrinkage but you might as well wait for actual shrinkage/stretching from me.

trm_lot.003.gif

Cost me slightly more from Gordon but the advice/service was worth it. Im not the kind of guy who gleans advice then buys the cheapest option.

Ed- The rise is high, CFM was talking about the .930 BIG price $436 Rakuten 31,500yen (if you can get them)

Ooms- You are indeed correct i do have other images of the pocket stitch from different pairs of .003 that have been mailed to me but for some reason "You can not use that image extension in this community" Sorry mate.

Edited by Double 0 Soul

Here are a few EXTREMELY quick photos of the post-soak fit after a 20 minute cold soak and a few hours of wear to class:

P1010521edit.jpg

In obvious need of a hem, and will drop them at Self Edge the next time I'm in San Fran. There is probably a little bit of shrinkage left in these, but I like the way they fit now and will probably avoid water for a while.

Again, tagged 33. This is pretty similar to the way the 32s fit when I tried them on pre-soak. The denim is extremely dark and very hairy. Definitely the lightest ounce denim I've ever purchased as this was something I was looking forward to with summer coming up and a lot of frustration with heavier jeans.

I would take more detailed photos, but I find that process too tedious to attempt with a piece of shit camera.

*HUGE thanks to Gordon over at BiG. Some of the best customer service I've come across and somehow managed to turn around my exchange in less than a week

Edited by whozdrew?

I think i read somewhere it was a 14.5oz but i might be thinking of the .002 It certainly does feels like a 14oz

RMC describe it as reasonable thickness http://www.realmccoys.co.jp/blog/shop/2013/01/realmccoyslot003.html

I was only thinking this morning about the first time i bought anything above 12oz and thinking how heavy it was and now that i am so accustomed to heavy denim how lightweight these feel, compounded by the fact there is no belt, wallet, money in the pocket ect.

I will have a look at the flasher when i get home.

When the .003 was raw i tried them on and the waist was just over a nice fit, I had heard that they shrink to just above tag, That would have meant a further 2" reduction in the waist from the 34" on the size chart to 32" (they are a 31"). That could have been too much so i warm soaked for 30mins with the waist band above the water level then a further 10mins fully submerged. The waist hardly moved so they have gone back in the tub tonight fully submerged warm for 30mins, I will post final shrinkage sizes tomorrow.

Edited by Double 0 Soul

Love those jeans !!! They fit you realy well from what I can see ;)

Would love to see a full length pic mate

Edit

Accidentally repped myself ???

( off topic but ...... This rep system is realy pointless without comments )

Edited by Flash

Just a pic of the whole jeans , but I'm sure you will post another fit in the waywt thread at some point .

Realy like your style , allways on point

Edit , can see the pics now :)

Edited by Flash

I was actually going to buy Sam´s but these are making me think twice!

Looking at purchasing a new pair of jeans and it´s DAMN hard to chose. Real McCoys 906 sure looks tempting. And at a good price as well.

Bravo Doubleo, thanks for the pics and info, the final shrinkage measurements would be great.. i take a 32 in virtually everything so not sure whether to go with that or perhaps size down to 31.. my actual waist is about 32.

Cheers mate.