Real McCoy's / Joe McCoy's Jeans

jubei

Been a while since I saw a new brand talked up, so I thought I'd start a new thread and see what info / opinions people have on these guys.

From what I've seen, their brand identity is similar to Sugarcane in that they stick to vintage cuts rather than slimmer, modern cuts. Conversely, their branding is quite conspicuous compared to some of the other traditionalist repro brands. (gigantic V's on the backpockets that form an "M" with the border of the pocket, ornate leather patches) I like their "UFO" rivets :)

Also, their denim seems fairly "compact" compared to other repros... from the few pics that I've seen, their denim is not as irregular and slubby as, say, Samurai nor does it seem very hairy. However, their indigo seems very, very deep in color. The only examples of faded McCoy's have been Ryu's and the guy who posted up his massive collection in the show us what you got thread (Edit: zk4025)

Curious to see if anyone has tried them on or seen them in person.

I just went to the store in Osaka...amazing repro stuff. Pricey, though. Comparable to Canes, Full Count, Denime, and all these brands have stores within blocks of each other in Shinsaibashi, Osaka. Osaka blows Tokyo away for this stuff.

haha yeah. i tell everyone that but they just go to tokyo anyway. ah well. don't forget warehouse, 45rpm, and skull jeans.

Real McCoy's. they have a Lightning style guide issue on their stuff incidentally.

they amalgamated their various lines (jeans used to be Joe McCoy) into one - leather goods, denim, other random repros...

yeah zk and ryu are the only set of McCoy's i've seen around here.

thanks tweedlesinpink. i have the one.

Joe is dead nowadays.

this is Joe McCoy lot.901

15m1.jpg

15m2.jpg

and long time no see SF friends!

hey guys good to see you .

jubei

this is the point i love is it no longer exist !

and this jeans is famous about very long vertical fading.

i like it. you know structural denim we say.

DDML

i touch the patch many many times!

so in same way, i put on oil

I do have a pair of vintage joe mac coy 901Z.

joe-mc-coy-901Z2106938754.jpg

joe-mc-coy-901Z2151838754-2.jpg

joe-mc-coy-901Z-1997836793.jpg

I really like joe mac coy, it's one of my favourite japanese repro brand, but I'm not a big fan of the real mc coy I saw in take 5, even if the seller told me they are finally like the same brand...

I don't know if "ryu" and 台湾朋友 "zk" agree with me but I feel like the denim is quiete different on them, softer in the old one, much more comfortable I think...

It's a pity I sold the first pair I bought 4 years ago (JMC 906) last week :(

Too big for me now, I lost 2 size in the waist, and those 901 are leaving my collection soon also, but I hope I will find something on my actual size. Why not a raw one like those on yahoo? Well, the price certainly will be a problem...

http://page16.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/u5499532

Thanks dude!

I bought those here in HK like 3 years ago and they saw a lot of country since...

I believe those to be like 8 or 9 years old or even more.

DSC01667.jpg

They are old now, and many part have been seen sewed since I decide to skate with them, but it's incredible how after so many wash the denim still so dark! And even if obviously denim on them is not good as full count, I feel like they have something more than the modern repros stuff, I don't know what exactly, probably i'm just stupid, but I'm feeling like I own a pair of real vintage stuff...maybe it's just the fact the brand is dead...

And about the 615z I never liked to wear bootcut, but don't let people tell you what you need, straight cut-slim fit is no the ultimat cut anyway, and the price is low! Moreover you will probably get really nice wear on those cause the cut is very tigh. So I say why not after all.

And about the 615z I never liked to wear bootcut, but don't let people tell you what you need, straight cut-slim fit is no the ultimat cut anyway, and the price is low! Moreover you will probably get really nice wear on those cause the cut is very tigh. So I say why not after all.

My thoughts exactly :) I might be visiting HK this winter, so we'll see how my funds are when I stop by Take5

Where can someone in the States buy some McCoy's? I have been looking and I cant seem to find anywhere online. I live in Texas - so the market for Jap-Repos is slim to none. Any help?

gonna have to buy from either a bidding service or from 2000db...

What is 2000db (sorry if that is a stupid question). What bidding service is avaliable?