Real McCoy's / Joe McCoy's Jeans

jubei

yes they are discontinued

that makes me sad cause i stumbled on this again today

http://www.33oz.com/viewthread.php?tid=346

does real mccoy and joe mccoy use the same denim? if so ill just wait for teh self edge collab. that denim in a modern cut, might actually make me consider leaving my comfort zone.

• 2 months later...

I have just taken the plunge and scored myself a pair of RM's S613s. I wondered how anyone else is getting on with these, how hard wear is showing through and how quickly?

It is a while since I added any new denim into my rotation, so thought it was about time really! ;)

Any good recommendations for initial work on them, is it just standard hot soak job first?

Thanks.

I have just taken the plunge and scored myself a pair of RM's S613s. I wondered how anyone else is getting on with these, how hard wear is showing through and how quickly?

It is a while since I added any new denim into my rotation, so thought it was about time really! ;)

Any good recommendations for initial work on them, is it just standard hot soak job first?

Thanks.

yamppp

_______

Guest patchmb

Thanks.

I hot soaked my S614's & then put em in the wash at 40 degrees no detergent, no spin. Even then I think they could shrink a little more. Tumble dryer would do it but I dont put jeans in there anymore as I have had bad creases form.

Thanks for tips, that sounds like the best plan to go for. :)

I think last time I started off a pair of LVC 47's I went down a similar route to that, and they are coming along nicely.

I have a pair of SC47's too that I might start at same time, had them for years, but not sure about starting them as they still have original tabs and 'broken arcs' and I might leave them dry for moment, Might break them out for a special occasion in the future haha :D

Think I might dry them in my boiler cupboard, seems to be best way as can dry them hanging in short space of time. Should save on unwanted creases.

Thanks again. :)

I washed my S613s as planned, they really shrunk a lot. :eek:

I had stretched them out what I thought was enough when they were still wet, but think maybe I needed to have stretched them a little harder. They are tight round the waist, but after wearing them for an hour or so yesterday that seems to have now stretched out enough. :)

The worry I have though is the leg length, as they have shrunk a lot in the leg length. Has anyone else found this? I am really hoping they have shrunk as much as they will do, as if they shrink any more they will be too short in the end!! :confused:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

no way, looks beautiful, the length is perfect.

at i first thought it might be to long, untill i read you question.

not short at all.

thanks for sharing, did you get it from superdenim ?

grüsse

turntabloid, looks great, good to know it how much it shrinks.

what a great shirt, i am really jealous, you should x-post it in the workshit thread. and no its not to roomy what so ever. you are supposed to able to work in a wokshirt, so it does not have to be tight hahaha

echt toll

• 3 weeks later...