Trip to San Fran, favorite places to shop.

Who?

I am making a trip to San Francisco and was looking to see what are your favorite places to shop. I have looked at the superfuture shop list but with so many cool places and only 2 days, I need to know which places are not to be missed. I know for sure I will be stopping by Self Edge.

Self Edge, Recon/Nort, Haight and Hayes Valley... Rolo Soma is also pretty nice, and might as well stop by Rolo Garage while you're there... The new Bloomingdale's actually got a few nice items...

Thanks for the suggestions. Maybe it would help if I list what I am looking for? I am looking for a new coat for myself, a coat for my sister and pair of either iron hearts, samurai or pbj. Also a place to find april 77 and any sort of different/unique tees or hoodies.

you won't find PBJ in SF, you need BiG for that, but Self Edge got Samurai and Iron Heart... Coats, not sure man, I'd check Bloomingdale's, all their men stuff were 40% off last weekend, they have APC and Number (N)ine and I saw some cool jackets... I guess also check the Rolo's... hoodies and tees, Self Edge got some cool tees, I'd also go to Huf and Recon, and there is this place called Double Punch right next to Recon, they got some cool tee upstairs... There is also American Rag, they have cheap monday, W+H/W&H, Prps, Rogan, Engineered Garment, etc etc... (not sure if they have A77, give them a call)...

Fuck bags! Bloomies was 40% off last weekend? Damn, i picked the wrong weekend to go into the city. Oh well.

Go to the 5th floor of Saks to see some mind numbingly expensive clothing.

I really liked the Agnes B store. Super cool employees.

Just look on the SF Maps and see what stores you'd like. Hitting up everything is pretty doable in a day.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. The trip was great, I just wish I would have brought more cash to spend and also had more time to look around. I swear if I lived there I would be broke all the time. Haight was fun, I spent almost 7 hours there shopping with my sister, I got her a whole bunch of vintage stuff as well as some dope nearly new cole haan shoes for myself (only $10). We stopped by everything that was suggested and a bunch of other shops that we saw along the way. My favorite purchase came from Self Edge, a pair of black raw Imperials, awesome jeans. Again thanks for the help.

I'm staying at the Mariott downtown in San Fran from like the 4th - 8th of January. Aside from the Self Edge superfuture party, what else is there to do?

• 2 months later...

Thread Bump:

I'm going to be in San Francisco for a few days next week, figured I'd post up a list of stores that have sounded interesting to me so far and see if you guys have any other suggestions. I tried looking through the Superfuture list of shops, but it's so hard since there aren't like "categories" or anything, and I wouldn't be surprised if most of the listed stores aren't even there anymore, which is what happened to me in Rome, and it's such a pain to tell what's actually decent considering that everything is "the best" and super "chic." Anyway, I'm looking for anything interesting, from streetwear to Dior Homme to Poell.

First and foremost Selfedge and The Archive. From this thread it sounds like Bloomingdale's (is there anything interesting? The one we have here in So. Cal is horrible, nothing but Theory and other junk), one-or-more of the Rolo's, perhaps. Villain's Vault keeps popping up, any good? I'll definitely stroll Haight like I do everytime I'm in San Fran. so that pretty much covers vintage whatever. I'll probably stop by Union Square for Barneys, Gimme Shoes, Sak's Fifth and of course Zara. Does the Marc Jacobs there carry the Vans collaboration?

Anyway, just seeing if you guys have any other suggestions for individual shops or decent areas to wander around in.

As an fyi - Gimme is closed.

Since you will be strolling down Haight anyway, definitely hit up Villains, etc. I was there a week ago and didn't see much though. Also, if you are into Hypebeast-y stuff you have True, Huf (Visvims), and Upper Playground around the area. Bloomi's is pretty much the same as the one in So-cal imo although if you are around Union Square anyways (which I am sure you will be, it wouldn't hurt to go). Don't forget H&M too, if you're into that.

I really like a place called "The Hound" right off of Union Square; it is an old school "English gentleman" type place carrying Barbour, and some other nice stuff. Not a necessary stop by any means though.

As an fyi - Gimme is closed.

Since you will be strolling down Haight anyway, definitely hit up Villains, etc. I was there a week ago and didn't see much though. Also, if you are into Hypebeast-y stuff you have True, Huf (Visvims), and Upper Playground around the area. Bloomi's is pretty much the same as the one in So-cal imo although if you are around Union Square anyways (which I am sure you will be, it wouldn't hurt to go). Don't forget H&M too, if you're into that.

I really like a place called "The Hound" right off of Union Square; it is an old school "English gentleman" type place carrying Barbour, and some other nice stuff. Not a necessary stop by any means though.

Thanks, England.

I'll definitely take a look at "The Hound." I don't wear that sort of thing, but I love the look and the pieces regardless. Unless the So. Cal Bloomingdale's started stocking APC and N(N) when I wasn't looking, then I think San Fran's got a one-up on us there.