dior homme dermo system

hughsd

Dior is for rockers what Bape is for hiphoppers.

i think thats a bit of an overstatement. bape is so one dimensional. Dior homme has many dimensions. saying that it has degenerated into a raw denim line is only true because that is the only part of the collections which people are buying and wearing on this forum. moving from a look inspired by pete doherty to cumerbuns and skinny tall ts is a huge transition. picking h and m over Dior is like comparing apples and oranges. the fabrics and craftsman ship found in Dior products trump h and m any day. Dior is well design season after season each time playing with a take on a similar style. if these changes keep happening the line wont die.

all the dior homme fanatics are already moving on. and no, hardly anyone is buying the main pieces anymore- you can look at ebay even and see how much shit is stagnating there. it's just the t's, denim, and stupid accessories that are being eaten up by the late comers. hedi thought about leaving dior homme once.. and now again. dior homme doesn't look like it'll be strong for long (well, the collections have gotten worse and worse already.. so there's not much time left)

all the dior homme fanatics are already moving on. and no, hardly anyone is buying the main pieces anymore- you can look at ebay even and see how much shit is stagnating there. it's just the t's, denim, and stupid accessories that are being eaten up by the late comers. hedi thought about leaving dior homme once.. and now again. dior homme doesn't look like it'll be strong for long (well, the collections have gotten worse and worse already.. so there's not much time left)

Hi!

Move on to where you reckon?

As for ebay, many of Dior Homme denim are still very very expensive & I am sitting back to wait for it to drop to like below US$100 levels before I get a used pair. I have a feeling its a long wait. Even here, many of the Japanese denim are like US$200 a pair used!

As for Dior Homme going downhill, hopefully they can latch on to a more mainstream buyers like what D & G & Armani did in the past & that would give the brand a second wind.

Useless washes nowadays, useless pieces, etc. Prefer H&M over DH anyday.

So how long before the kids catch on to Ann Dem?

You should the people that shop at Ann D here. It's awful... either indie kids or rich clueless people. I haven't seen one person in the store that could have pulled of the look (myself included). The prices are also very expensive, perhaps more than Dior but I never shop there, so I don't know.

Hi!

Move on to where you reckon?

As for ebay, many of Dior Homme denim are still very very expensive & I am sitting back to wait for it to drop to like below US$100 levels before I get a used pair. I have a feeling its a long wait. Even here, many of the Japanese denim are like US$200 a pair used!

As for Dior Homme going downhill, hopefully they can latch on to a more mainstream buyers like what D & G & Armani did in the past & that would give the brand a second wind.

they are latching on to more mainstream buyers.. which is why it's essentially a tshirt and denim label now which is what D&G essentially is too.

they are latching on to more mainstream buyers.. which is why it's essentially a tshirt and denim label now which is what D&G essentially is too.

Well, thats a good strategy although not that successful yet.

I bet mainstream buyers have heard of D & G, Armani, Versace all the way down to DSquared than they have heard of and are willing to spend some serious dough on Dior Homme.

I dont even know how strong is their brand recognition among mainstream designer menswear buyers worldwide. Probably rank near the bottom?

Well, thats a good strategy although not that successful yet.

I bet mainstream buyers have heard of D & G, Armani, Versace all the way down to DSquared than they have heard of and are willing to spend some serious dough on Dior Homme.

I dont even know how strong is their brand recognition among mainstream designer menswear buyers worldwide. Probably rank near the bottom?

dior? you are kidding right?

You should the people that shop at Ann D here. It's awful... either indie kids or rich clueless people. I haven't seen one person in the store that could have pulled of the look (myself included). The prices are also very expensive, perhaps more than Dior but I never shop there, so I don't know.

The Dior Dermo system is $400??? Go get some LaPrairie for fucks sake...

The thing about men's label shopping in Asia is that like 95% of the time store clientele is always worlds different than the intended. Combine that with the fact that a lot of Asian people tend to be stumpy, etc, it is funny.

Where I live, Korea, you never see any kids buying this stuff because it's priced completely out of reach. In the end it's fat, middle-aged, 5'5 barrel chested guys who look like Microsoft engineers getting fitted for Dior Homme suits by their chickenhead wives... I saw some old slob following his (milf) wife around a supermarket once, wearing some McQueen'ish shirt with skulls all over it, with golf shorts and plastic shower slippers... I dunno what it is about this country but the fat motherfucking head syndrome/microsoft engineer look is rampant....

In the end it's fat, middle-aged, 5'5 barrel chested guys who look like Microsoft engineers getting fitted for Dior Homme suits by their chickenhead wives... I saw some old slob following his (milf) wife around a supermarket once, wearing some McQueen'ish shirt with skulls all over it, with golf shorts and plastic shower slippers... I dunno what it is about this country but the fat motherfucking head syndrome/microsoft engineer look is rampant....

^^^ Hahaha my boss from my previous job was exactly like that with her husband, who was, also about 5'5 and barrel chested. One husband to make the money, and one wife to know how to spend it (well?). Koreans, gotta love 'em. :P

very true.. i've seen chinese hypebeasts drop $600+ for some annD sneakers to match their $800 neighborhood jeans, or buy a $1000 annD blazer to match their $500 levis fenom jeans. very sad to see. some kids are too rich.

Dior Homme mens wear, not Dior or Christian Dior which is more famous for their perfumes and ladies bags etc etc.

Errr... Dior is up there, it's probably one of the best selling brands for men if I judge by the number of people I see wearing it. In every department store it has huge corners and it's greatly advertised.

very true.. i've seen chinese hypebeasts drop $600+ for some annD sneakers to match their $800 neighborhood jeans, or buy a $1000 annD blazer to match their $500 levis fenom jeans. very sad to see. some kids are too rich.

Speaking of Neighborhood, I saw a guy with no fucking teeth (and a mullet) walk out of there with 3 huge bags. I was sick and I had to take the train next to him, really didn't help my then fragile gastric state.

And the Ann D sneakers, while being very nice, are overpriced like crazy. I also don't understand their 800$ sweaters that are not really sweaters...

Errr... Dior is up there, it's probably one of the best selling brands for men if I judge by the number of people I see wearing it. In every department store it has huge corners and it's greatly advertised.

I guess it depends on where you come from. Some places I go, only 1 measly shop carries it and not even the whole range, much less advertise it!

I guess it depends on where you come from. Some places I go, only 1 measly shop carries it and not even the whole range, much less advertise it!

Yes, of course they still control their distribution. If they didn't the brand would loose exclusiveness thus some appeal for some of their customers. It's still pretty easy to find most of the range through online merchants.

Yes, of course they still control their distribution. If they didn't the brand would loose exclusiveness thus some appeal for some of their customers. It's still pretty easy to find most of the range through online merchants.

Hi!

The issue is not that they control their distribution or exclusivity but rather the local retailers do not feel bullish about the label so they dare not bring the full range and those they bring in only have 1 item for each size. This is quite common especially where the market is small or the brand is not that well known.

In Hong Kong, not only did Dior Homme set up their own shop to sell menswear on their own, they still allow Joyce boutiques to sell Dior Homme as well and Joyce is marking down their prices directly killing Dior Homme's own business. So the issue could not be exclusivity.

But then Dior Homme still profits by selling to Joyce, so everybody including the customers benefits from it!

Agree on your point on online merchants but the problem is their prices even after discount aint as great as season sale which can be 50% off or more, & for me, I dare not buy Dior Homme jeans online because I fear their 19 cm jeans wont fit me and it would be such a hassle to ship it back and pay the wasted postage and tax both ways.