Sign in to follow this  
hughsd

buyer/seller thread

i think we need a thread that people can look at to make sure that the buyer/seller is reputable.. i kinda like ebay...

but how? if everyone posts a reply in the thread like "I bought from user-x and everything was great" the thread will soon have 50 pages of replies, you can't browse through the whole thread just incase someone has mentioned your potential trading partner somewhere.

maybe some sort of search function...

yeah that would be ideal... i think it could really help people have more confidence in buying and selling on the site...

there is a "search this thread" function.

943820392 people have bought from me on here. buy with confidence. i'm not joking.

so the site will be getting a thread like this then?

how many people have actually been burned by people selling things on this site? i feel like buying from people here is pretty safe since if someone is spending time on a messageboard, they will likely not want to fuck up their reputation by ripping off other members.

how many people have actually been burned by people selling things on this site? i feel like buying from people here is pretty safe since if someone is spending time on a messageboard, they will likely not want to fuck up their reputation by ripping off other members.

there are alot of assholes out there...

Why not add a whole new system so that when someone click your profile they see PLUS or MINUS blocks or points added to your overall score .

There would have to be somehow implemented a way of knowing if someone had made up multiple user names just to plant fakes sales though ..

not an easy one - reading IP's doesn't show if someone goes to school and sells themself something or if someone uses a buddy's pc ..

exhibit A

AND

there's the whole sugar cane debacle that i won't link

:rolleyes:

I imagine you are talking about me and 6MT, who for the record promised a $20 refund and then never responded to any PMs.

On other forums I have been to they have a sub-forum in the marketplace, where each member then has a thread (started by the first buyer or whatever) that all subsequent transactions are reviewed in.

DDML, am I missing something, where is this done and done? You want to use this as that? It gets pretty tough, and a sub-forum I think is the best way to do this if there are concerns. But as mentioned, I think they are few and far between here.

some forums just have a point system. but whatever. i usually just buy shit from established people.

i honestly get worried as a seller when a random troll asks me to sell them shit. been a member for a year and they have 0 posts...?