usa :: new york :: shopping

hi people

im from england and im off to new york v.soon....never been before.

im looking to shop non-stop for 3 days, so i need to know the best places to go...

looking to go to supreme, recon, bape, stussy?

etc etc etc along with sneaker shops!!!!!!!!!!!!

also all the major department stores, which is for the girlfriend!

can all you new york shoppaholics help me out....please!?!! addresses would be sweet if pos!

that would be great!!!!

thanks

|||| | cnc | | ||||||®

Hey man - no worries. I just moved here myself from London. It's great to just explore and find little shops here and there. The map is good but i don't think it covers it all. I've found a few great places recently off the beaton path. gotta head around the lower east side. quite a nice pub on ludlow if you want a taste of home. but keep your eyes open -- you snooze and you'll miss some brilliant places in this city. There's the regular big name brands you mentioned, but mate, you gotta check out some new and local brands too man. i've been making me own list since heading around: (I live downtown, so most of this is in the lower east side) check out Miss Behave for pressie for your bird, Nort for nikes, local on ludlow for a pint, foley and corina men for vintage goods, and sugarhead quarters for some tees. Let me know if you need any more tips for shopping this side of the pond. cheers.

Hey man - no worries. I just moved here myself from London. It's great to just explore and find little shops here and there. The map is good but i don't think it covers it all. I've found a few great places recently off the beaton path. gotta head around the lower east side. quite a nice pub on ludlow if you want a taste of home. but keep your eyes open -- you snooze and you'll miss some brilliant places in this city. There's the regular big name brands you mentioned, but mate, you gotta check out some new and local brands too man. i've been making me own list since heading around: (I live downtown, so most of this is in the lower east side) check out Miss Behave for pressie for your bird, Nort for nikes, local on ludlow for a pint, foley and corina men for vintage goods, and sugarhead quarters for some tees. Let me know if you need any more tips for shopping this side of the pond. cheers.

• 1 year later...

guaranteed prick clerks (based on 2+ years experience living in nyc) --

comme des garcons

APC

supreme (these fellas are almost hilariously sure of themselves)

nom de guerre

opening ceremony (maybe #1, dunno how these ladies equate working retail with being so cool)

cast and crew at Odin are pricks too

(by now you can tell i never leave downtown, oh well)

really nice people

Seven

salvor kiosk

cloak (RIP, but i swear, i was so surprised by how nice everyone including alexendre himself is)

comme des garcons

APC

nom de guerre

opening ceremony (maybe #1, dunno how these ladies equate working retail with being so cool)

really nice people

Seven

salvor kiosk

cloak (RIP, but i swear, i was so surprised by how nice everyone including alexendre himself is)

Word. Cloak peeps are super nice.

comme des garcons

APC

nom de guerre

really nice people

Seven

salvor kiosk

you can add flight club to the really nice people list. those guys are really helpful

• 4 months later...

Guys, my friend's in new york now. Any clothing stores which sell slim fitting clothes similar to Hare to reccomend? slim and a little tight fitting, polos would be a good start! hurry! thanks.

edit: would prefer clothes to be on the cheaper side, my pockets burnt.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...