samurai denim contest [pics]

beatle

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what Samurai's are being used in this contest? Is it the S0500XX Ltd. Ed. (100% Texas Cotton)? If they are, I was wondering how they felt because it seems like the shorter fibers could become annoying or itchy. Also, how do these compare to the S5000VX in terms of fit and type of denim used?

They are the Texan Cotton, and this stuff feels like if I shaved my legs, let it grow out for a week, then wore dry jeans. Its starting to soften up, but its been pretty rough.

Also, I tried standing them up but the knees buckled. I didnt put much thought into how to shape them...

Really love these jeans! They could be a tad slimmer in the thigh, in my opinion, but theyre growing on me.

edit: Pics!

DSC00086.jpg

DSC00089.jpg

DSC00078.jpg

DSC00080.jpg

DSC00083.jpg

DSC00081.jpg

Guest jeffvyain

mickawes, those are lookin suhweet around them chucks. i agree about the thigh though. that's why i tried to size down, but then i went overboard. samurai is really close to something special. if they came out with a jean that looked like that from the knee down but with a more fitted (but not tight) upper, i think we'd have the perfect jean

Guest jeffvyain

well i mean i wear 30s in everything, but there isn't a spot on my body that's less than 32 inches around. i probably coulda pulled that hanger thing and been okay, but i'm perfectly happy just bangin around in what i got for the moment.

Thanks for the compliment

Yea, the waistband seems to kind of taper the waist, if you know... Im sure it will stretch out with time, but right now its way tight. I think I could have sized down one more as well, but whatever. Whats done is done.

edit:

PS. I soaked in the hottest tap water for 3 hours then hung to dry. Is that enough? Or is there more shrinkage left? I didnt even think of boiling hot water... thought it might damage the patch... How long have you guys soaked for?

If you liked my fit before... I think you'll like it even better now :eek: :eek: :eek:

peazdown.JPG

peazup.JPG

They're snug in the calves now (that was my only real issue with these jeans.)

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna hem too.

PEACE UP.

.. Man I need a haircut. Weekend, Weekend.

THANKS BEATLE!

Great fits everyone! :D :D :D :D

They are the Texan Cotton, and this stuff feels like if I shaved my legs, let it grow out for a week, then wore dry jeans. Its starting to soften up, but its been pretty rough.

Also, I tried standing them up but the knees buckled. I didnt put much thought into how to shape them...

Really love these jeans! They could be a tad slimmer in the thigh, in my opinion, but theyre growing on me.

edit: Pics!

DSC00086.jpg

DSC00089.jpg

DSC00078.jpg

DSC00080.jpg

DSC00083.jpg

DSC00081.jpg

those fit great!

If you liked my fit before... I think you'll like it even better now :eek: :eek: :eek:

They're snug in the calves now (that was my only real issue with these jeans.)

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna hem too.

PEACE UP.

.. Man I need a haircut. Weekend, Weekend.

THANKS BEATLE!

Great fits everyone! :D :D :D :D

Don't hem them too much, they look great at that length imo :)!

Its almost as if your sammies have a different cut to everyone elses....ill say it again awesome fit!

Only 23, 7 and 16 (mine) have red patches on the back. KEEP IT THAT WAY! hahahahaha jk.

Hmm, one thing you could probably tell your friend to do is to not make the entire background turn blank as one hovers over directories. There should probably just be a grayscale silhouette or something, not just complete nothingness. I hope you know what I mean, I used a lot of double negatives.

Another thing I think the interface needs is OOMPH. Looking at the site like that, there is NO WAY that I would've normally decided to click all 30 pairs of jeans... It's too cluttered and looks unbrowsable because there are too many choices to click. There's no way to completely avoid this, but I still think that the splash needs something else to off-set all the things that are already there. I can't think of what though.

Btw, thanks to whoever commented on my fit, I like it too. And Swooc: I probably won't hem too much because I like stacking too.

Only 23, 7 and 16 (mine) have red patches on the back. KEEP IT THAT WAY! hahahahaha jk.

Hmm, one thing you could probably tell your friend to do is to not make the entire background turn blank as one hovers over directories. There should probably just be a grayscale silhouette or something, not just complete nothingness. I hope you know what I mean, I used a lot of double negatives.

Another thing I think the interface needs is OOMPH. Looking at the site like that, there is NO WAY that I would've normally decided to click all 30 pairs of jeans... It's too cluttered and looks unbrowsable because there are too many choices to click. There's no way to completely avoid this, but I still think that the splash needs something else to off-set all the things that are already there. I can't think of what though.

Btw, thanks to whoever commented on my fit, I like it too. And Swooc: I probably won't hem too much because I like stacking too.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll let him know... maybe he'll chime in here at some point too.

I took us a while to decide how to make a menu for 30 pairs of jeans, it's tricky.

Don't get me wrong: I think the design aspect is pretty creative. I like the look of it, but yeah, a bit cluttered. For example: in Honeyee's blog site there are 35 people, but it just doesn't feel cluttered to me.

Link: http://www.honeyee.com/blog/

I guess I'm starting to like it more and more though...

what the fuck are you talking about? the site is awesome.

plus the honeyee site is the same type of interface except it has border and mouseovers...the site already looks slicker than that site

what the fuck are you talking about? the site is awesome.

plus the honeyee site is the same type of interface except it has border and mouseovers...the site already looks slicker than that site

Haha, thanks man!

Honeyee isn't bad either. They probably have a bunch or real designers and some financially backing, so I'm guessing the denim contest site is pretty good for self-taught lazy school dropouts :D