samurai denim contest [pics]

beatle

8:20PM on Nov. 1st

A midterm tomorrow, and several MSN and AIM convos going on at the same time. I'm scared that the waist is gonna get too tight. Oh what to do what to do. I think I'm gonna be the only one who soaks with me IN them.

AFK warm soak for an hour while I study for the midterm, book sitting on the toilet seat.

I just hemmed mine up two inches and I think it looks a million times better. The stacking just didn't look quite right. Also for anyone wondering, if you use the Singer brand 'blue jean thread'... its perfect. It matches the samurai inseam EXACTLY.

8:20PM on Nov. 1st

A midterm tomorrow, and several MSN and AIM convos going on at the same time. I'm scared that the waist is gonna get too tight. Oh what to do what to do. I think I'm gonna be the only one who soaks with me IN them.

AFK warm soak for an hour while I study for the midterm, book sitting on the toilet seat.

Not a good idea dude. Your skin will start to get wrinkly and nasty after about an hour or so. Better just stick the hanger in the waist to prevent them from shrinking.

Poly,

The fit of those jeans is great. Are they pretty snug all around or does it just look that way.

Any of y'all rub your legs raw with that stiff ass denim yet?

I soaked mine today, no camera though, I'll come up with one before I start wearing them. I wore them in the tub for an hour, hot as the water would get. Maybe that's not enough time/heat? Should I re-soak with the hanger trick? anyways I'll grab a paper tomorrow and borrow a camera and either soak some more or take a pic of the standing denim, to show they havnt been work prior to now. Hope this is alright.

The reason why I decided to soak in the tub was because I probably shouldn't have sized down.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

Those were my fits PRESOAK so I was scared to death that the thigh would get way too tight. Also, the last 2 pics are really the shape of my huge belly. Yes, I am fat and have no ass. :) :confused: :confused: :confused: :(

^haha dont you wish you coulda scooped up a few new jeans from S.E? haha.

Nice meetin you man.

shit yeah i wish! i was so in awe of the store, i forgot to give you a "limp wrist" wassup! it was nice meetin you also! plus i only had freakin 30 minutes for lunch. my yard is right by the shop, so i can always drop by & browse the window! LOL

measurements for size 29 in centimeters

before soak:

waist: 39.5

front rise: 28

rear rise: 39

knee: 22.5

hem: 20.5

thigh1: 31

thigh2: 29

thigh3: 25.5

seat: 47-52

inseam: 99

entire length: 122.5

post soak and dry:

waist: 38.6

front rise: 27

rear rise: 37.8

knee: 21.75

hem: 20

thigh1: 30

thigh2: 27.5

thigh3: 24

seat: 46

inseam: 94.5

entire length: 121

Those were my fits PRESOAK so I was scared to death that the thigh would get way too tight. Also, the last 2 pics are really the shape of my huge belly. Yes, I am fat and have no ass. :) :confused: :confused: :confused: :(

Out of everyone so far, i like your presoak fit the best! It would be awesome if you retained a similar fit after the soak.

Out of everyone so far, i like your presoak fit the best! It would be awesome if you retained a similar fit after the soak.

I agree, azn8oi's fit was the best in my opinion

repeat question, whats the plan on follow up pics, any timeline?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what Samurai's are being used in this contest? Is it the S0500XX Ltd. Ed. (100% Texas Cotton)? If they are, I was wondering how they felt because it seems like the shorter fibers could become annoying or itchy. Also, how do these compare to the S5000VX in terms of fit and type of denim used?

P1020664.jpg

so my button fly is doing something weird & won't straighten out right? is this a shrinkage issue?

P1020661.jpg

P1020672.jpg

P1020666.jpg

had them hemmed a bit... but will re-hem/chainstitch

when Gordan from BIG gets back from Japan next week...

emaze - Why dont you just iron the fly flap once with steam right side down ?

I just wanted to get opinions first to see if I needed to soak again?

Looking good ! All of them....

Just an opinion - since somebody asked for comparing S0500XX / S5000VX

The Texan Cotton feels way more slubby ( especially after soak) really amazing texture...

The cut is not that different - slightly more tapered - maybe a tad higher in the rise.

Hard to say which I prefer - but I am amazed that the SO500XX feels as stiff and thick as the S5000VX - 15 oz verses 17oz - but it feels just as thick

I am talking to 386 and some other guys about the website - will get back to you on this one....

Guest jeffvyain

emaze, my s5000vx did something kinda similar. i'd just stick with it. i got a really cool diagonal line that goes across my crotch now, and after the 2nd wash, it just flattened out and went away. kinda weird, but it looks cool in my opinion. shows off those cool buttons