samurai denim contest [pics]

beatle

i soaked mine last night and they're dry now. i'm really happy i sized down one to a 29, using the same logic as the sammy blacks, that shrinking to exact tag size is horseshit in almost 99% of all cases and #2 it would be close enough to stretch while wet. I'm super impressed with the fit of these jeans. I'm not a fan of tapered jeans at all, but these work for me. not super duper slim through the thighs and a slight taper at the leg. will get these hemmed this week, so i can get a bit of stacking action going, actually wearing to class today! pics of soak (w/o tags, sorry) and fit will be up soon. again, thanks beatle for setting this up and thanks to samurai for the awesome jeans. i've definately become a samurai convert recently. there are actually more than 1 of these in philly apparantly, so mcflip, watch yr back!! we also do need a total list of contestants.

philly #19

tag.jpg

doh I forgot to get the tags in the shot, but u can see the tag strings are still on...

datesoak.jpg

wow, that tag is eerie emaze...9-11 next to the NY times.

I know I was thinking about that too...

well - I still have to update the list - will do so soon....

But I think it's pretty much the original list - if I remember correctly - 2 changes and one guy (can't think of the name) who posted recently that he does'nt want to play the sidelines anymore and therefore sold his S0500XX....

Great fit, OZ - and by the way - I am really starting to enjoy this....look @ all the soak pics....can't wait 4 more.....

When I soaked mine, i layed 'em in the tub with plenty of things to weigh 'em down and a hanger in the waist. I then proceded to boil like four pots of water on the stove and pour the boiling water on the jeans to soak in. I think I got at least 2 inches of shrinkage probably 3.