samurai denim contest [pics]

beatle

I just wanted to let you guys know - if you soak hot - ther's a lot of shrinkage ..I mean - def. 2 inches....

I am really glad I sticked to not sizing down - I put them on while they were still wet - and these are the best fitting jeans I've ever owned....was able to close the buttons with some afford - legs are tight - nicely tight though...Plus - they got way darker after the soak ,deep blue indigo now...

Can't believe it - I was really afraid they were gonna be way too big or the rise would bother me - but these Babys just rock...

So - everybody - good luck - especially to all of you who sized down - and have fun on ur first day !

Before I forget - looks like we'll have to wait a view more days for the website - 2000db just mailed me - did send me the email address of a friend of his who supp. will be taking care of the site instead of him ( so I will have to talk to this guy - see what he's done..bla bla ) I will give you an update as soon as I know...

glad things worked out good for u beatle.... thanks for the heads up about soaking in hot water.... good luck to everyone else in the contest!

OKAY !! It´s killing me... ! Newspaper of October 31st - please take 1 pic with the leather patch ( serial number and tags attached - ) and 1 pic of soak - with newspaper next to it....We should be able to read the date, though !!

Finally - tomorrow .....

you cheated 386. no way is it midnight where you are.

You're right. It's about 11am right now but it _was_ midnight eleven hours ago. I know you proabably can't read it, but it says "GOOD MORNING: Tuesday" which is October 31st. What did I do wrong?

And haha, Beatle dipped her newspaper in the water.

i thought beatle made it pretty clear you were to soak at midnight with a newspaper from the 31st. and in the samurai thread you say you are wearing your jeans?? what gives man?

hmm? I don't remember posting I was wearing my jeans in the samurai thread other than for the pre-soak pics, but wait a minute: that was this thread.

Your name makes me think of " Beneneneh neh Neh nenehnehneh boodooDOO oohoooh ooh wow beded boodoodoo bedoow"

Unless it's in reference to something else, in which case nevermind.

I think you should lay off cafeine for a while...for your own good... haha

And yes, it's a Bad Brains reference.

Wow. This really shouldn't be this difficult. We were soaking at midnight because thats when it turns Nov. 1st! We were using newspapers from the 31st because you can't get the newspaper at midnight. Thats so not a difficult concept.

I'm not actually mad I just think its ridiculous that people didn't catch on.

Awww man. Im too lazy to soak them now... Ill do em tomorrow. I need a few spare hours, since I need to be in them as they soak. They are way too tight in the waist! BTW. Im drunk, and my costume kicked ass. Everyone but the chav in the toilets liked it.

The offer is still up for the website at http://www.clarksvegas.com/daniel/wordpress

It's already 100% operational. We can move/redirect it and edit it and go live. We can change the look and feel of it very easily, like put a picture of the silver selvedge in the background or something, but my camera tends to blow with awesome extreme details.

I'd have to add the users by hand so random people couldn't register but with a generic password and everyone could change their password. It's pretty simple for uploading text and pictures in a "community" type blog with a category link on the side so you can just see one user's post.

But if you want to get some guy that knows 2000db to do it that is cool, too. I trust him.

tour035.jpg

tour036.jpg

tour.jpg

I'm all kinds of impressed with these things. They're still damp now that I'm wearing 'em. They shrunk up like crazy all around, so I'm really glad I threw a hanger in the waist or I wouldn't be able to wear 'em at all.

The offer is still up for the website at http://www.clarksvegas.com/daniel/wordpress

It's already 100% operational. We can move/redirect it and edit it and go live. We can change the look and feel of it very easily, like put a picture of the silver selvedge in the background or something, but my camera tends to blow with awesome extreme details.

I'd have to add the users by hand so random people couldn't register but with a generic password and everyone could change their password. It's pretty simple for uploading text and pictures in a "community" type blog with a category link on the side so you can just see one user's post.

But if you want to get some guy that knows 2000db to do it that is cool, too. I trust him.

i feel like the only drawback of that design is that it would kind of jumble users....as opposed to having 1 page per user....but i have no idea how it is supposed to look..

Okay - so this soak thing got out of hand - but by all means - we're talking 12 or tops 24 hours here....I guess within a month we'll have forgotten about this - I thought I made it clear that using 31st issue meant soaking ok - since there is no way we can proof what time the soak actually happened...

Anyhow - we might split this thread - continue with denim experiment phase II - as long as the website is still in process -

I am not sure at this point how much work 2000db's friend has put into it - so 386 - thanks for ur offer again - I will let you know...

But please - make sure u guys post pics with the tags attached (of course before you throw them in the tub and yes, of course with a newspaper....)- 12 hours don't make a difference - but 4 weeks surely do...

And Thorns - cool to see somebody soak outside out .....Cool

I just wanted to let you guys know - if you soak hot - ther's a lot of shrinkage ..I mean - def. 2 inches....

I am really glad I sticked to not sizing down - I put them on while they were still wet - and these are the best fitting jeans I've ever owned....was able to close the buttons with some afford - legs are tight - nicely tight though...Plus - they got way darker after the soak ,deep blue indigo now...

Can't believe it - I was really afraid they were gonna be way too big or the rise would bother me - but these Babys just rock...

So - everybody - good luck - especially to all of you who sized down - and have fun on ur first day !

Before I forget - looks like we'll have to wait a view more days for the website - 2000db just mailed me - did send me the email address of a friend of his who supp. will be taking care of the site instead of him ( so I will have to talk to this guy - see what he's done..bla bla ) I will give you an update as soon as I know...

How much did they shrink in length?