FactoryPeople in Singapore

FactoryPeople

Greetings Superfuture. We just hit Singapore this a.m. In town for Fashion Week (long story), so naturally I checked SF for things to do/see. Shops are obviously well represented, but would love to here your suggestions for food/bars/clubs and touristy stuff as well. Off to Orchard Road now...

thanks!

Thomas & Le

FactoryPeople

hey thomas,glad to hear you're in town!

are you guys checking out some of the local stuff here at the Fashion Week?

something i'd recommend to check out - the Singapore Biennale is in town for a few more days, and there are installations all over the city area.

http://www.singaporebiennale.org/ has details and tours and stuff to do

as far as bars are concerned:

harry's jazz bar, and jazz@southbridge at boat quay are great places to hang. the two are at opposite ends of the stretch of bars along the old quayside.

cafe iguana is a great place for mexican food and drinks, it's across the river from clarke quay at this mall called the riverside. cheap tequila shots during happy hour and all sorts of magaritas.

samar is an arabic cafe at baghdad st, and blujazz is a bar at the end of bali lane, both near arab st.

just some of the places around the fringes i like to hang out.

Hey Thomas, this is Ryne, was in your store the other day, I have no insite as far as Singapore, or any other foreign country for that matter, goes but I wanted to say I'm wearing the black cheap mondays at the moment, though I've yet to venture outside my house in them.... thanks for the help and glad to see you posting on here.

What kind of things or activities are you looking for actually?

Touristy stuff or Stuff us locals do?

Why not Visit Zouk? Peaches is playing this thursday night

Night Safari?

For athletic stuff, visit Queensway Shopping centre

Camera Equipment and Computer Stuff, Peninsular Plaza and Funan Centre

welcome to singapore!

for some retail therapy:

- haji lane

- ann siang hill

- far east plaza

if you happen to be around on the 12th, do drop by zouk (yes a sunday afternoon) for their flea market.

places to get drunk and picked up:

- zouk (http://www.zoukclub.com)

- the butter factory (http://www.thebutterfactory.com)

- ministry of sound (http://www.ministryofsound.com.sg)

because we are small, one of our main attractions is food. these are some great places to hit:

- rochester park (haven't been there but since wallpaper is writing about it, it should be cool and good)

- indochine waterfront

- the cliff at sentosa

- local food that you can get anywhere or just ask your hotel concierge for some good recommendations

chicken rice, laksa, roti prata, satay, bak kut teh, teh tarik blah blah blah...

(sorry, am on a diet 24/7 so there's only so much suggestion i can give)

urm touristy stuffs? does that include visit to the zoo, bird park etc? (yawn)

perhaps places like chinatown, little india and malay village may appeal to you.

weekends at siloso/palawan beach at sentosa for some beach volleyball or bikini babes gawking

i cant remember if it's still available but you can always head down to arab st, relax at a quaint turkish/middle east cafe and smoke some shisah

hope this helps.

far east plaza for sure...

the food is good most anywhere.. i even liked the ice cream vendors that were just chilling outside of my hotel..i stayed on orchard road also,

and even though its way touristy, i liked the night safari ALOT. for some reason the elephants were just cracking me up.