Looking for a Wool Military-like Jacket

DJ2xTech

Hello knowledgable people of SF, I need your help finding a good jacket.

I want it to look something like this.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/attachment.php?attachmentid=546&stc=1&d=1161923706

Anybody know any good brands/jackets out there that isn't too expensive? This jacket is from Armani Exchange and is $225. I tried it on at the store and it didn't really fit the way I wanted it too. The small and medium differences were really different, the small was snug, I wanted it to be a lil loose so i can wear a hoodie or something thick or layered under it just in case it got colder (NYC gets really cold). I tried the medium and it was too much room and the jacket ended and covered my butt (I want to show off the pockets of my denim).

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Yes - I've seen the winter coat topic, but I made my own. I hope this is alright.

Dude, take a look on this Fresh Jive. I brought it and returned it last winter. It was too big for me. It may suit you well.

It ia not exactly military look but it have a feel of it and it is wool like very comfortable. It is more of a sport team's jacket cut.

http://www.turntablelab.com/clothing/63/284/10173.html

10158.jpg

the a/x is poorly fitting, and you can't see it from the pic but has branding right there on the chest. its velcro so it comes off, but leaves a red other end velcro which i don't particularly like.

word. It looked good in the picture, but it's fit wasn't as I thought it was when I went to the A/X store here in SOHO and tried it on.

I'm really looking for a military looking wool coat with the 4 pockets and the shoulder lapels. No peacoats though.

How's this?

from the cockpit which is what avirex changed its name to after ecko bought it out. this is the only pic I could find, but the fit and cut is unreal:

Z26A011_FRT.jpg

I actually have this jacket, not sure if I'm keeping yet though

H and M has one I think. The one in SoHo on Broadway should have a few left. I didn't liek how they fit though. It was nice up top but then ballooned out at the bottom. If you're around an H and M you should check it out. I think it was 100? maybe 130.

yea the A/X one balloons out too.

H&M didn't have my size in SOHO but I'll check other spots. Their jackets attract lint like crazy.

I stopped by the Cockpit store in Manhattan today and tried on the jacket. I actually kinda like it, except I wish it was a darker grey or black. It's $120 more than the Armani Exchange wool one.

Decisions decisions...

I want one with doublerowed buttons.. That would be neat..

Someone talked about Zara having something like that - can anybody confirm this?

They had an awesome one quite a while ago. I can 95% assure you it will no longer be in any of their stores. They do, however, usually offer close substitutes as military jackets are always in their repertoire.

you ass, stop complaining, my trip there takes 12 hours one way ;)

:( they ended up not having it at the one i went to anyway. 12 hrs away does really suck.

there was ONE hanginging from the ceiling on display and it didn't even look that nice anyway. i guess i won't be getting that either.