Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Kiya/Sidney and friends did you start yoyoing during the yomega era or are you guys OG --- aka inb4thefad

I've been yoyoing for 9 years.. since 1998 or so.

Sid has been yoyoing since the end of last year..

Oh ok Kiya. Ive been yoyoing for about the same time as you. Crazyness

Have i met you before?

Ever been to Nats? Worlds? NY Open? BAC?

Have i met you before?

Ever been to Nats? Worlds? NY Open? BAC?

No no Ive always done it for fun, by myself. I know NO others that do it , Ive always thought it was dead.

To be honest with you, if I knew that there were people serious about it , let alone a whole forum dedicated to it....damn it would have been cool.

When I move to Cali in a few years Im gonna drop by SE and battle you in front of the store.

When I move to Cali in a few years Im gonna drop by SE and battle you in front of the store.

You don't have to wait till you move here, in the yoyo world we do something called a Video Battle. Thanks to Youtube it's simple and fast.

You down?

If you actually have a youtube yoyo battle I will be so impressed. Where can I get one of those yoyo's used in that video? Looks great.

http://www.yoyonation.com

Unfortunately.. my yoyo company, Anti-Yo's yoyos are sold out at Yoyonation and everywhere else.. kids buying two or three at once on the release date usually equals none left after an hour or so of the release.. we plan on bumping production on our next release to see if they'll stick around for a few weeks after the release in the stores that carry them.

I haven't properly watched the vid yet, as it kept freezing on me but was wondering, is he actually playing a titanium/titanium BSP?

(Maybe it get's mentioned in the vid I didn't watch yet?)

No, he's using a MarkMont, his signature yoyo...

to all the people that brought the SELFEDGE black demin long sleeve shirt

I just washed mine for the third time but I havent seen any good fades yet, has anyone else had any good fades on it? combs?

thanks everyone

I've worn mine a good amount for a couple months, washed pretty much weekly. So far nothing too dramatic like honey combs anywhere, i can see them starting to develop on the arms. Mostly just indigo forming in certain areas. sounds like pretty much everyone else is having similar results

i started yoyoing in the yomega era... but quit... years later, i see sidney and kiya doing it. i didn't realize yoyoing had changed so dramatically.

I'm just waiting for the big fashion houses to cash in on it. I predict: first, denim, sneakers, and then this is next. Gold-studded, metallic Lanvin Yo-yo 2011, $2500, limited run of 500 around the world.

In other news: does anybody else know where I can get more photos of Mister Freedom stuff? I found 'A Continuous Lean's' column, and totally loved the SE photos, but there seems to be nothing else.

Also, anybody who purchased the peacoat, fit pics or wear pics please?

Yoyoing Superstar (and Sufu member/close friend/design genius) Mark Montgomery was on CBS's nationwide news program this morning, straight up wearing the SEXFH05.

BfOHiA4_nPU

Haha, I just saw this guy on CNN on TV. I had a like "I think I rememeber seeing that guy on the interwebz" moment. Was he at the orlando yoyo tournament? If so, well props to him for being on T.V. and I hope he did well.

Yoyoing Superstar (and Sufu member/close friend/design genius) Mark Montgomery was on CBS's nationwide news program this morning, straight up wearing the SEXFH05.

BfOHiA4_nPU

Thanks for the props Kiya, I was actually wearing the SEXIH03, still gotta break in my SEXFH's.

--Markmont.

Last yoyo related post in this thread, i swear..

UNIQLO Presents The New York Yoyo Open

This Saturday, August 9th, in New York City will be the world's largest yoyo contest...

http://yoyoopen.com/

Taking place at South Street Seaport, Pier 17 (Fulton & South Streets, New York, New York 10038) at 11am (till 5pm..).

That's where the finalists (best of the best) will be. Moreover, there will be

performances, exhibitions, and such. Vendors Duncan and YoYoNation will be

selling yo-yo stuff.

UNIQLO is presenting the band PEELANDER Z -

http://www.myspace.com/peelanderz

My yoyo company's (Anti-Yo) entire competing team will be there.. including Simon Welch, the national UK champion and PAUUUUUUUUUUUUL HAAAAN, the international Korean playboy of yoyos.

The Self Edge crew will also be present for fit questions and advice on how long to soak your jeans and what brand of mineral water works best.

There are loads of people from Superfuture coming, the more the better...

See you there.

Last yoyo related post in this thread, i swear..

UNIQLO Presents The New York Yoyo Open

This Saturday, August 9th, in New York City will be the world's largest yoyo contest...

http://yoyoopen.com/

Taking place at South Street Seaport, Pier 17 (Fulton & South Streets, New York, New York 10038) at 11am (till 5pm..).

That's where the finalists (best of the best) will be. Moreover, there will be

performances, exhibitions, and such. Vendors Duncan and YoYoNation will be

selling yo-yo stuff.

UNIQLO is presenting the band PEELANDER Z -

http://www.myspace.com/peelanderz

My yoyo company's (Anti-Yo) entire competing team will be there.. including Simon Welch, the national UK champion and PAUUUUUUUUUUUUL HAAAAN, the international Korean playboy of yoyos.

The Self Edge crew will also be present for fit questions and advice on how long to soak your jeans and what brand of mineral water works best.

There are loads of people from Superfuture coming, the more the better...

See you there.

bigger than worlds?