Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Wow...the chambrays sound fantastic. The quality and details of my Self Edge shirts have completely curbed my desire to purchase any other shirts, plus having a variety of variations on the same general theme really simplifies the wardrobe. I am crossing my fingers that there is an indigo denim shirt in the works.

Looks like it's not going to happen..

But we're getting the coolest color of the jacquard fabric in 5 weeks in long sleeve..This beautiful blue color that's one of the nicest i've seen..

I'll have to keep my eyes open for that one, you'll be getting it in size 44 too right?

I'll have to keep my eyes open for that one, you'll be getting it in size 44 too right?

Yup, sizes 36 to 44 as usual...

The Flat Head 1001 Slim Jean - 16oz Denim for The Heavyweights

It all started with the Flat Head 3001, a slim jean with a mid/low rise that turned out to be the best selling slim jean at Self Edge. The 3XXX denim on the 3001 was found to be spectacular for those looking for a great high contrast fading denim that looks great in just a few months of wear.

Flat Head has now taken the 3001 and made a 16oz heavy weight version with a button fly and slightly longer inseam.

We're predicting another long term hit by Flat Head here, as we've tested the newer 1XXX (16oz) denim and it's fading and aging just like it's 14.5oz counterpart.

We've also received a full restock of the Flat Head F380 and 4001BK jeans, and a special recut of the Short Sleeve Blue Diamond Shirts.

The new Flat Head 1001 16oz Slim Jean, F380, 4001BK, and Blue Diamond Shirts are now available in-store and in our online store. Check the 1001's product page in the online store for more photos and full specs.:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=68&zenid=d7117147abf7503f0c197e51ac24d905

1001:

photo-3-723899.jpg

photo-1-723999.jpg

F380:

525511670_d3d3d38b4a_b-713902.jpg

Blue Diamond:

IMG_0589-1-744802.jpg

Damn kiya, those 1001 are the last thing I needed to see right now! haha I just can't seem to keep my eyes off them...

Quick unrelated question though, for the upcoming SE05BSP, will the indigo version be using the 3XXX denim? Can't remember if you mentioned this, although I recall them being 14.5oz?

no seriously, kiya, can i buy these online in... i guess a size that will fit me (but don't ship em) and come in on saturday to try them on and pick up the right size? sorta like i'm reserving a pair?

Yes and no.. i mean.. you can buy one now and it'll go out tomorrow but if you need to exchange it on saturday i can't guarantee we'll have your size. They run the same as the rest of the Flat Head line.. which run the same as all Iron Hearts, Samurai, Skull, Sugar Cane, etc...

the thing is, i really doubt that they'd reach me before the weekend if i ordered some... so, could you just hold em for me and i can pick em up? if not, i'll hold off. i'm coming in on saturday... i'll just fucking hope to god you have like a 31 in stock and i'll grab one then...

these are unsanforized no? but they'll fit the same as any other flat heads?

the thing is, i really doubt that they'd reach me before the weekend if i ordered some... so, could you just hold em for me and i can pick em up? if not, i'll hold off. i'm coming in on saturday... i'll just fucking hope to god you have like a 31 in stock and i'll grab one then...

these are unsanforized no? but they'll fit the same as any other flat heads?

If you order them before 3pm tomorrow you'll have them the next day..

They're unsanforized, the shrinking info is at the bottom of every product page tailored for every jean.

ehhhhh. so tempting, but i think i'll take my chances so i can ensure i get the right size in store. they won't sell out in 3 days... right? :D

sorry to badger you with questions... but last two: cotton stitching or poly blend? and, these the same cut as 310/3001 with 16oz denim or are they a different/altered cut? i assume it's the same cut because you say they just took the 310/3001 and put some heavier denim in it.

ehhhhh. so tempting, but i think i'll take my chances so i can ensure i get the right size in store. they won't sell out in 3 days... right? :D

sorry to badger you with questions... but last two: cotton stitching or poly blend? and, these the same cut as 310/3001 with 16oz denim or are they a different/altered cut? i assume it's the same cut because you say they just took the 310/3001 and put some heavier denim in it.

The product page has every bit of information you could possibly want..

Check it:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=68&zenid=d7117147abf7503f0c197e51ac24d905

If I know superfuture, they will sell out in 31 in three days...

Also, this is a jean that has everything going on...great cut, fantastic construction, and beautiful denim that wears ridiculously nicely...pretty awesome.

Just a quick heads up that there'll be a big Flat Head party at Self Edge on Sunday September 7th.

The president and vice president of Flat Head are both coming from Japan along with the editor of Lightning Magazine to Self Edge for a meet and greet.

Along with the party things that'll be happening at this fine event:

-Massive amounts of beer will be flowing

-Superfuture Elite will be present

-Self Edge x Flat Head Chambray Long Sleeve Shirts (navy, black, & red) with custom Kiryu Embroidery will be available.

-Samples of upcoming product will also be on display with a few items available for pre-order

-A large selection of leather goods (wallets, belts, etc..) will be on display available for custom orders (this might be the only time to see these products in person and order them for a six week delivery)

-Sidney Lo's Flat Head 3001 WAYWT Exhibit will be on display including before/after jeans/shirts and the DVD of the progress

I'll be updating this post with more information as it comes in:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?p=1165159

The Flat Head 1001 Slim Jean - 16oz Denim for The Heavyweights

It all started with the Flat Head 3001, a slim jean with a mid/low rise that turned out to be the best selling slim jean at Self Edge. The 3XXX denim on the 3001 was found to be spectacular for those looking for a great high contrast fading denim that looks great in just a few months of wear.

Flat Head has now taken the 3001 and made a 16oz heavy weight version with a button fly and slightly longer inseam.

We're predicting another long term hit by Flat Head here, as we've tested the newer 1XXX (16oz) denim and it's fading and aging just like it's 14.5oz counterpart.

We've also received a full restock of the Flat Head F380 and 4001BK jeans, and a special recut of the Short Sleeve Blue Diamond Shirts.

The new Flat Head 1001 16oz Slim Jean, F380, 4001BK, and Blue Diamond Shirts are now available in-store and in our online store. Check the 1001's product page in the online store for more photos and full specs.:

1001:

photo-3-723899.jpg

photo-1-723999.jpg

F380:

525511670_d3d3d38b4a_b-713902.jpg

Blue Diamond:

IMG_0589-1-744802.jpg

dry bones tan double-prong belt... restock anytime ever? :(

August 10th.

I just bought mine yesterday, on the cheap too, $100 off someone on SF :)

Did you guys do an intial wash with this? I dont want it to fade or anything.. should I just hot soak it like denim? i want to get all the shrinkage out so it will be perfect fit, what do you guys suggest? I hope I can get mine to fade, the quality of this piece is :eek::D!

I've washed mine 3 times because I keep spilling beer and wine one it, haha. No combs 'cept in the pits. Otherwise, just random blue shit everywhere, haha. Should be interesting to see what happens with it. It's getting a bit short on me with all the washing :(

Yoyoing Superstar (and Sufu member/close friend/design genius) Mark Montgomery was on CBS's nationwide news program this morning, straight up wearing the SEXFH05.

BfOHiA4_nPU