Jump to content
kiya

Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

Recommended Posts

The Self Edge Graphic Series T-Shirt #15 - Taken & Settled Pt. 2

Today we release t-shirt #15 in our Graphic Series line.  The logo of every label we carry has been reenvisioned by famed Greek typographer, Vassilis Georgiou.  Vassilis’ take on these logos was inspired by American underground culture of the 60’s.  All logos were hand drawn while trying to match the feel of the brand’s name with their new logo design. 

These are available now on our custom in-house designed pocket tees.

Shop Self Edge Graphic T-Shirts Online

Self_Edge_Graphic_Series_T-Shirt_15_Take
Self_Edge_Graphic_Series_T-Shirt_15_Take
Self_Edge_Graphic_Series_T-Shirt_15_Take
Self_Edge_Graphic_Series_T-Shirt_15_Take
Self_Edge_Graphic_Series_T-Shirt_15_Take
Self_Edge_Graphic_Series_T-Shirt_15_Take
Self_Edge_Graphic_Series_T-Shirt_15_Take

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Iron Heart BSPTIII22oz Overdyed Jacket & New Runs of Every Other Imaginable Thing

The Iron Heart BSPTIII22oz overdyed jacket is here!  This is a limited edition overdyed denim jacket made out of a base 22oz Japanese denim with an indigo warp and dark beige weft.  These jackets have been overdyed black with a fugitive pigment dye which is an unstable and un-permanent dye that fades to later show the indigo denim underneath.  The jacket itself is based off a traditional Type III denim jacket with added hand pockets a slight bit of length added to the body so it can easily worn with untucked shirts.

Along with these jackets we've received new production runs of left hand twill denim jackets and the 633 straight tapered, 888 high rise slim, and 777 slim tapered jeans in various denim weights in both indigo and overdyed versions.

You can find all these items now at all stores and online.

Shop Iron Heart Online

Iron_Heart_BSPTIII22oz_Type%20III_Modifi
Iron_Heart_BSPTIII22oz_Type%20III_Modifi
Iron_Heart_BSPTIII22oz_Type%20III_Modifi
Iron_Heart_BSPTIII22oz_Type%20III_Modifi
Iron_Heart_BSPTIII22oz_Type%20III_Modifi
Iron_Heart_BSPTIII22oz_Type%20III_Modifi
Iron_Heart_BSPTIII22oz_Type%20III_Modifi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kiya said:

The Iron Heart BSPTIII22oz Overdyed Jacket & New Runs of Every Other Imaginable Thing

The Iron Heart BSPTIII22oz overdyed jacket is here!  This is a limited edition overdyed denim jacket made out of a base 22oz Japanese denim with an indigo warp and dark beige weft.  These jackets have been overdyed black with a fugitive pigment dye which is an unstable and un-permanent dye that fades to later show the indigo denim underneath.  The jacket itself is based off a traditional Type III denim jacket with added hand pockets a slight bit of length added to the body so it can easily worn with untucked shirts.

Along with these jackets we've received new production runs of left hand twill denim jackets and the 633 straight tapered, 888 high rise slim, and 777 slim tapered jeans in various denim weights in both indigo and overdyed versions.

You can find all these items now at all stores and online.

Shop Iron Heart Online

Iron_Heart_BSPTIII22oz_Type%20III_Modifi
Iron_Heart_BSPTIII22oz_Type%20III_Modifi
Iron_Heart_BSPTIII22oz_Type%20III_Modifi
Iron_Heart_BSPTIII22oz_Type%20III_Modifi
Iron_Heart_BSPTIII22oz_Type%20III_Modifi
Iron_Heart_BSPTIII22oz_Type%20III_Modifi
Iron_Heart_BSPTIII22oz_Type%20III_Modifi

Looks awesome kiya. I know the OD process tends to shrink the fabric as much as possible and the measurements show that. I’m normally an XL in all iron heart flannels. Waivering between an XXL and XXXL for this, what do you think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JohnnyUtah247 said:

Looks awesome kiya. I know the OD process tends to shrink the fabric as much as possible and the measurements show that. I’m normally an XL in all iron heart flannels. Waivering between an XXL and XXXL for this, what do you think?

I would get XXL, I believe the XXXL will be too big for you and there's zero shrinkage once you wash these jackets.

Edited by kiya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kiya said:

I would get XXL, I believe the XXXL will be too big for you and there's zero shrinkage once you wash these jackets.

Thanks man!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

O△X “OG WYTE” Denim Jacket and Studio D'Artisan Jeans and Workshirts

Production shots of the OG WYTE denim jacket can be found here: https://www.instagram.com/p/CLXH8lGHlrz/

The first release from O△X is here! This is a new line designed and produced by Studio D’Artisan and we’re proud to be the only retailer outside of Japan stocking it. The first release is the OG Wyte denim jacket. Vintage indigo-dyed kimono fabrics from over 100 years ago are cut into triangles then sewn together to create a new pattern. This "quilt" is then applied to the denim before the entire garment is hard washed to lighten the indigo shade of the denim and kimono fabric. 

We also have new jeans and denim workshirts from Studio D'Artisan. The jeans are made of a 15oz pure-indigo rope-dyed denim woven on Japan’s famed G3 Toyoda looms. These come in SDA’s slim tapered fit and we’ve had this new run lightly rinsed to get rid of the shrinking for you already. 

The denim workshirts are made of a 14oz SDA developed selvedge denim and are finished with uera cat’s eye buttons, gusseted side seams, and chainstitch run-off. Get em now at all stores.

You can find all these items now at all stores and online.

Shop O△X & Studio D'Artisan Online

Studio_DArtisan_OG_Wyte_Denim_Jacket-02-
Studio_DArtisan_OG_Wyte_Denim_Jacket-03-
Studio_DArtisan_OG_Wyte_Denim_Jacket-05-
Studio_DArtisan_OG_Wyte_Denim_Jacket-06-
Studio_DArtisan_OG_Wyte_Denim_Jacket-15-
Studio_DArtisan_OG_Wyte_Denim_Jacket-16-

Studio_DArtisan_G-003_15oz_Slubby_Denim_
Studio_DArtisan_G-003_15oz_Slubby_Denim_
Studio_DArtisan_G-003_15oz_Slubby_Denim_
Studio_DArtisan_G-003_15oz_Slubby_Denim_

Studio_DArtisan_14oz_Denim_Workshirt-02-
Studio_DArtisan_14oz_Denim_Workshirt-05-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My favorite denim shirt is this 14oz SDA piece.

Edited by JDelage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nah, for me it's the jacket. That thing is fire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ironheart 633s and 888s are quite similar kiya aren’t they? I’m just trying to work out what would be best for me what’s the main difference please cheers lee 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, lee porter said:

The ironheart 633s and 888s are quite similar kiya aren’t they? I’m just trying to work out what would be best for me what’s the main difference please cheers lee 

No, the fit between those two jeans is quite different.  The 888 is a high rise somewhat slim jean, the 633 is a medium rise straight tapered jean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Super excited to hear that Self Edge will be carrying Samurai Jeans soon! Which jeans well you guys be launching with?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, 1fookntitefd said:

Super excited to hear that Self Edge will be carrying Samurai Jeans soon! Which jeans well you guys be launching with?

The S211VX!

10 hours ago, lee porter said:

Thanks kiya so the 633 is a more relaxed fit ? Cheers lee 

Compared to the 888, yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@lee porter @kiya For me, the IH-633-XHS is on of the greatest cuts ever, and by far IH best model. Well done Kiya! 

1297535645_20210207_111007-Copy.thumb.jpg.0c2820a03092dcd98e3cae806c2caa02.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pure Blue Japan SR-013 Super Rough Jeans

Pure Blue Japan's SR-013 Super Rough denim jeans are here. This is the most impressive fabric we've seen from PBJ in quite some time. This 18oz denim is woven at a very low tension with a super short staple cotton, giving the fabric extreme character. These feel and look amazing even when new and are sure to look insane with some wear. 

You can find these now at all stores.

Shop Pure Blue Japan Online

Pure_Blue_Japan_SR-013_18oz_Super_Rough_
Pure_Blue_Japan_SR-013_18oz_Super_Rough_
Pure_Blue_Japan_SR-013_18oz_Super_Rough_
Pure_Blue_Japan_SR-013_18oz_Super_Rough_
Pure_Blue_Japan_SR-013_18oz_Super_Rough_
Pure_Blue_Japan_SR-013_18oz_Super_Rough_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheers Kiya

Always great stuff on your site.

Here’s a suggestion or a request. I am 6’3”. I absolutely love the looks of these PBJ Rough jeans you just posted and the IH633s above them. But with only 10-11” of front rise I cannot cover even half of the equipment I am legally required to cover to be able to present myself in public. And the CDC has warned of potential damage from long term exposure to and wearing of fashionable Eunuch-wear to two particularly sensitive aspects of my reproductive arsenal.  You may have no way of knowing this, but I assure you that ladies rise jeans are painful for big guys. Is there anyway SE can make a special edition “Gaijin Man’s” jean with awesome Japanese denim with a manly rise of say, 14 inches?!

And, your site is excellent and complete in every way. Congratulations. But would it be possible for you to show the products you are selling? I mean could you imagine photos with your models either without shirts, or with the shirts tucked in so prospective buyers can see the jeans you want to sell: the jeans, all the jeans and nothing but the jeans? Why the cover up? If you are selling trips to Paris would you only show half the Tour Eiffel?

I would love to become a customer of yours!

Edited by Mifune

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mifune said:

Cheers Kiya

Always great stuff on your site.

Here’s a suggestion or a request. I am 6’3”. I absolutely love the looks of these PBJ Rough jeans you just posted and the IH633s above them. But with only 10-11” of front rise I cannot cover even half of the equipment I am legally required to cover to be able to present myself in public. And the CDC has warned of potential damage from long term exposure to and wearing of fashionable Eunuch-wear to two particularly sensitive aspects of my reproductive arsenal.  You may have no way of knowing this, but I assure you that ladies rise jeans are painful for big guys. Is there anyway SE can make a special edition “Gaijin Man’s” jean with awesome Japanese denim with a manly rise of say, 14 inches?!

And, your site is excellent and complete in every way. Congratulations. But would it be possible for you to show the products you are selling? I mean could you imagine photos with your models either without shirts, or with the shirts tucked in so prospective buyers can see the jeans you want to sell: the jeans, all the jeans and nothing but the jeans? Why the cover up? If you are selling trips to Paris would you only show half the Tour Eiffel?

I would love to become a customer of yours!

Hey there, regarding the rise on the PBJ jeans.. we don't actually have any say on the fit of a pair of jeans made by the brands we carry unless it's a model made specifically for our stores.  We've done custom fits with most brands we carry but haven't done one with PBJ just yet.  If and when that time comes it's something we'll consider!

Regarding covering up the top portion of the jeans, we'd rather show you what the jeans will look like with an outfit (t-shirt, shirt, etc..) than show what the jeans will look like when you're not wearing a shirt or with a tucked in shirt, two things most of our clients don't actually do when wearing the jeans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will Self Edge be restocking any Flathead products or have new products from them in the near future?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 1fookntitefd said:

Will Self Edge be restocking any Flathead products or have new products from them in the near future?

All stores are getting new runs of wallets, rings, and engineer boots tomorrow actually.  New shirts start landing at all stores in 2 weeks, we've got flannels, indigo-dyed linen shirts, and more.  Assuming most of this stuff will sell out extremely fast in case you really want something from their new collection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excited for the indigo linen shirts

Do you know whether they'll be cut the same as previous runs? It's seemed like TFH has made some significant changes to their shirt patterns, in general, over the last few years, & I'm still trying to dial in what works and what doesn't

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, julian-wolf said:

Excited for the indigo linen shirts

Do you know whether they'll be cut the same as previous runs? It's seemed like TFH has made some significant changes to their shirt patterns, in general, over the last few years, & I'm still trying to dial in what works and what doesn't

+1 to the indigo linen shirt. TFH westerns' fit is perfect for me, and personally I hope they measurements stay similar. The arms could be bigger tho. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kiya said:

All stores are getting new runs of wallets, rings, and engineer boots tomorrow actually.  New shirts start landing at all stores in 2 weeks, we've got flannels, indigo-dyed linen shirts, and more.  Assuming most of this stuff will sell out extremely fast in case you really want something from their new collection.

Any new jeans or restocks? Itching for another pair of Flathead jeans...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

Excited for the indigo linen shirts

Do you know whether they'll be cut the same as previous runs? It's seemed like TFH has made some significant changes to their shirt patterns, in general, over the last few years, & I'm still trying to dial in what works and what doesn't

As usual, we won't know exactly the fit or measurements until the production run is finished and has landed at our stores.  We should have these at our SF store by march 10th if you'd like to come in to try them on.

3 hours ago, 1fookntitefd said:

Any new jeans or restocks? Itching for another pair of Flathead jeans...

No, no new jeans from Flat Head for quite some time.  They've changed the denim on their core jeans and it's not the same denim they were making in the past.  We've passed on the jeans for now until we see what else they're going to come up with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah thts is interesting to hear. Haven't seen any info about them changing the Pioneer denim. Do you happen to know what is different?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Ah thts is interesting to hear. Haven't seen any info about them changing the Pioneer denim. Do you happen to know what is different?

It's less hairy, not as rigid, and not as dark.  If you want my honest opinion.. they changed the three things which made their denim so amazing.

2 hours ago, nick682 said:

Will there be a short sleeve Flat Head linen shirt?

Yup, short sleeve and long sleeve, both workshirts, we expect those to sell wild fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, kiya said:

We should have these at our SF store by march 10th if you'd like to come in to try them on.

Great, will aim to do so. Haven’t been into the city since maybe August—should be fun

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rick Owens 18oz Lacquered Denim Ramones

We’re excited to announced that we’re adding Rick Owens’ footwear line to the Made in Japan denim collection which we’ve been stocking for the past few seasons. We now have the Ramone high-top sneaker made out of an 18oz lacquered denim. This starts out as an 18oz heavyweight Japanese denim that’s lightly clear lacquered, you can still see the denim weave pattern right through the lacquer and over time the lacquer will come off to reveal the black denim base. 

You can find these now in limited numbers at our stores.

Shop Rick Owens Online

Rick_Owens_DRKSHDW_Black_Milk_Ramones_18
Rick_Owens_DRKSHDW_Black_Milk_Ramones_18
Rick_Owens_DRKSHDW_Black_Milk_Ramones_18
Rick_Owens_DRKSHDW_Black_Milk_Ramones_18
Rick_Owens_DRKSHDW_Black_Milk_Ramones_18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flat Head Engineer Boots, Wild Child Wallets, & Feather Rings

Flat Head is back!  The first delivery is a fresh batch of their engineer boots, Wild Child wallets, and sterling silver feather rings. Next week we'll have some of their shirts, most of which were made exclusively for our five stores. 

Flat Head makes the ultimate engineer boot, made in small batches by a small shop which generally only produces boots for Flat Head's line of footwear. Made of a natural pull-up Chromexcel leather, the amount of natural oil in this leather is unreal due to the aniline "dying" process the leather goes through. This run was custom made for Flat Head so that the boot will show a little extra wear from even occasional wear. These will look wild once broken in. These come complete with custom made brass and iron buckles, Vibram's #700 and #705 heel and sole, a hand stitched shaft seam, and a Japanese made steel shank for sole stability.  These are now available in a larger size range than the first run.

We’ve also received a fresh run of Flat Head’s Wild Child wallets. Over the years this has turned into the most sought after wallet we carry. They’re super functional, age like nothing else you’ve seen, and last a lifetime. These are made of Shinki shell cordovan, cowhide, have an inner pigskin lining, and come with a sterling silver ring. Available now in tan or black.

In addition to the boots and wallets we also have a restock of their .925 sterling silver feather rings. All these items can now be found across all our stores.

Shop Flat Head Online

fh_black_engineer_01-681x1025.jpg
fh_black_engineer_06-1025x680.jpg
fh_black_engineer_09-1025x680.jpg

fh_engineer_boots_01-680x1025.jpg
fh_engineer_boots_06-1025x680.jpg
fh_engineer_boots_09-1025x680.jpg

WC_BLK_01_03-1026x683.jpg
WC_TAN_01_03-1026x683.jpg
c23c7f97db42ac945b7c0f6f68acefa6.IMG9751

SE_FEATHER_RING_01-683x1026.JPG
SE_FEATHER_RING_01_01-1026x683.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • hello !

    supertalk is free to browse as a guest. You need to be a member to participate in discussions or buy and sell on the classifieds.

    From 2021 new membership is $US 6 / year.

    You can also become a premium superseller or supermember. Businesses who want to promote their brand and products need to become a supersponsor. superfuture is privately owned and has been online continuously for 22 years. It is a digital cockroach and will survive all current and future apocalypses.  

  • Similar Content

    • By Potsnu
      Worn probably 10-12 times, barely any fades. For those who've been around these forums for a long time, they remember how awesome these jeans were when they first came out.
      Retail was $375 USD. Looking for $185 USD OBO.
      Best way to contact me is [email protected]
      Waist: 31.5"
      Inseam: 31.5"
      Thigh: 11"
      Hem: 7.5"





      One of the most popular jeans we've carried since we opened was the first collaboration we did with Dry Bones and Superfuture two years ago. We've decided to expand on the theme of a forum based jean with a bigger project including Styleforum and a 22oz denim that Dry Bones have woven for this jean. 

      The SEXDBXSXS12 jean has been produced by Dry Bones, one of Japan's longest running vintage Americana style denim manufacturers. The jean is made up of a rope-dyed 22oz unsanforized selvedge denim consisting of a combination of Texas & San Joaquin Valley cotton fibers creating a rigid denim that's slightly hairy, but not slubby, because we requested that the denim not be singed and calendered. The indigo dyed yarn has a sulfur top to create a super dark indigo color that crocks fairly easily with normal wear. The jean has heavy-weight hickory striped pocket bags, military grade green rear pocket linings, coin pocket selvedge, cotton poly-core stitch, hidden rivets, and two leather patches. The Superfuture patch was designed by JimmyC of Superfuture and the Styleforum patch was designed by Brian SD, you can easily remove one of the two patches leaving the one you like better. The fit is a slim fit with with a bit of taper and a medium rise, graded to look great in all sizes.

      Superfuture, a website dedicated to the finer points of shopping, traveling, garments, and more was launched in 1999 by Wayne Berkowitz. Hailing from Australia, the website took on a life of it's own within a few years, and five years in was already home to one of the largest databases of information about garments, and to be more specific, denim.
      Superfuture offers the world a frequently updated set of traveling maps, a listing with reviews of over 1000 shops around the world which are "Superfuture Approved", a blog updated with cutting edge events around the world, and a forum called Supertalk which at times overshadows the other services Superfuture offers.

      Styleforum was founded in 2002 in reaction to the poorly run, corporation-owned, men's style discussion forums of the day. Founder Jeremy Jackson and his partner Fok-Yan Leung, who started posting on the forum as a way to procrastinate from writing his doctoral thesis, see Styleforum as a dive bar populated by guys who also happen to really like clothes, often to the point of obsession. A few discussion rooms have been added to the forum since 2002, discussing anything from travel to food, but these are still guys who want to be wearing the best clothes no matter what they are doing.

      This jean is limited to 250 pairs between our three stores, once sold out there will be no restocks.
    • By WTForce
      HI all,
       
      Im selling a pair of Self Edge x Iron Heart SEXIH22-301S in size 30. The pair was cold soaked when first purchased and worn for about 6 months with one wash. Selling these since my preferences have changed and im not really feeling the heavy denim anymore.
       
      You can read the description of the collab here http://www.selfedge.com/jeans?product_id=1195
       
      The jeans have not been hemmed or altered. Can take more accurate measurements upon request.
       
      Asking for $200 shipped. Accepting reasonable offers.
       
      Tagged Measurements.
      Size: 30
      Waist: 31.5 in
      Inseam: 38 in
      Thigh: 11.3 in
      Knee: 7.7 in
      Leg Opening: 7.2 in
      Rise: 9.4 in
       







    • By Markmont
      Up for snags, Stevenson Overall Co. Tencel Jacket Sz. Large
      $330 Shipped
      Condition is easily 9.5/10
      Feel free to ask any questions
       

       

       

    • By philosAvi
      IRON HEART 633s size 32 - imgur link photos taken by a window with natural light. 
       
      I've been wearing these for close to 2.5 months now. The waist has gotten a bit too big on me and I find that they fade too slowly. They're still more comfortable at 21oz. than most raw denim I've ever worn, though. 
       
      Whiskers are starting to break through, wallet fade is fairly clearly defined on the back left pocket, and while the comb wrinkles are fairly defined, there's almost no evo on the combs, knees, or thighs. These have so much life left in them that your wear will surely overshadow mine in the long run. 
       
      At 36" these are ready to be hemmed to your desires. I have not washed them since purchasing them. 
       
      Measurements (the [iron Heart](http://www.ironheart.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2835.0) way):  
      Waist: 17.5" across  
      Front Rise: 10.5"  
      Rear Rise: 15.5"  
      Thigh: 12.5"
      Knee (13" down from crotch seam): 8.75"  
      Leg Opening/Hem: 7.6"  
      Inseam: 36"  
       
      Asking **$200 OBO**. 
    • By Megatron1505
      SExDBxS09 original Superfuture collab jeans in a size 36x35, great condition apart from a faded circle on the left thigh where the previous owner rested something. Comes with OG red tab in coin pocket ready to stitch on, rep bar on back pocket and patch designed by our own Jimmy Crow.
      Released in 2008, these jeans are rare as hens teeth.
      Waist 18.5"
      Thigh 13 (measured 2" below crotch seam)
      Front rise 10"
      Back rise 14"
      Inseam 35"
      Leg opening 9"
      Asking £90 plus shipping paid by PayPal, plus 4% or gift.





  • Top 10 Active Viewed Topics

  • SSENSE GLOBAL
    SSENSE GLOBAL
  • Heron Preston Navy Style Long Sleeve T-Shirt
    $US 305

    202967M205018_1.jpgshow?id=gf39VV*YhHg&bids=818443.17522875