kiya

Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

19 minutes ago, goodrain said:

New model!

Don't worry. Josh will be returning to modeling duties soon. 

Young has hit the big leagues!

I miss all the best things, being a small girl instead of an average guy..

i have to pay 3 times as much so that I can have custom Japanese jeans that actually fit, and shirts...and boots etc etc

I'm sure you already know, but I'd look into wesco for small boots (and I'd bet Japanese brands would be small enough too)

and im confident you could find some flat head jeans that would be tiny enough :)

Short Sleeve Shirt Party, Courtesy of 3sixteen!

Five new 3sixteen short sleeve shirts have just landed at all of our stores, complete with pull-over and button down versions available in five different fabrics.  

Shop 3sixteen Online

316_BLUE_201-684x1025.jpg
316_BLUE_204-1025x684.jpg

316_CREME_01-684x1025.jpg
316_CREME_05-1025x684.jpg

316_NAVY_201-684x1025.jpg
316_NAVY_204-1025x684.jpg

316_TAN_201-684x1025.jpg
316_TAN_204-1025x684.jpg

316_SHRT_2001-684x1025.jpg
316_SHRT_2004-1025x684.jpg

Pipe it UP YOUNG. Meanmuggin.

Whitesville Heavyweight Made in Japan Blank Pocket T-Shirts

Some of the most popular blank t-shirts we stock are Whitesville's which are made in three colors and available as 2-packs.  We're excited to announce that they now produce a heavier weight version of their long staple combed cotton t-shirts and the heavier versions also have a single needle stitched chest pocket.  

These are available now in singles in both white and gray at all of our stores.

Shop Whitesville Online

WVILLE_WHT_01-682x1025.jpg
WVILLE_WHT_03-1025x684.jpg
WVILLE_WHT_04-1025x684.jpg
WVILLE_WHT_05-1025x684.jpg

WVILLE_GRAY_01-682x1025.jpg
WVILLE_GRAY_03-1025x684.jpg
WVILLE_GRAY_04-1025x684.jpg
WVILLE_GRAY_05-1025x684.jpg

Lady White Flat-Knit Sleeve T-Shirt & Super Nice Japanese Socks

We have a new t-shirt from Lady White that just arrived which is an upgraded version of their regular t-shirts.  This new one comes with a narrow collar, a blind stitch hem, and custom flat knit ribbed sleeves.  

We've also received a new color of their popular Japanese made socks.  They're now available in gray, and we've received a restock of the olive and natural colors.

Along with these new items we've received a full restock of their original white 2-packs of t-shirts.

Shop Lady White Online

LW_TE2E2_01-682x1025.jpg
LW_TE2E2_03-1025x684.jpg
LW_TE2E2_04-1025x684.jpg
LW_TE2E2_05-1025x684.jpg

LW_SOCK_E21-684x1025.jpg
LW_SOCK_01-684x1025.jpg
LW_OLIVE_01-684x1025.jpg

LW_TEE_02-968x644.jpg

Iron Heart 7oz Denim Sawtooth Shirt & Black Waffle-Knit Workshirts

Just in from Iron Heart are two new shirts and a restock of their best selling jeans, denim jackets, vests, and more.

Iron Heart has done a new 7oz denim shirt with "sawtooth" pockets and mother of pearl snaps.  We've also received a new black version of their popular waffle-knit cotton workshirts.  

Both of these shirts along with the restocks are available now at all Self Edge stores.

Shop Iron Heart Online

IH_SAW_01-684x1025.jpg
IH_SAW_05-1025x684.jpg
IH_SAW_07-1025x684.jpg

IH_BLK_201-684x1025.jpg
IH_BLK_205-1025x684.jpg
IH_BLK_207-1025x684.jpg

Great stuff!

looking forward to the new women's jeans coming-hope they come up small enough!

just got a fantastic book on Amazon called Blue Blooded, big section on SE, lovely picture of Kiya and his wife

se rules!

On 10/12/2016 at 5:11 PM, kiya said:

Self Edge Presents Weaving Shibusa - A Film About Japanese Denim - New York Premiere

This Friday, October 14th, is the New York premiere of Weaving Shibusa, a film about Japanese denim and the artisans and designers which produce it.  The premiere is being held at the Made in NY Media Center in Brooklyn, NY.  Tickets are available now along with Toyoda loom hard enamel pins and the film soundtrack, which was written and performed by SESF’s Young Lee.  

Click here for more information about the film, the premiere, and for full film credits.  Hope to see you there!

WeavingShibusa_NYC%20Vert.jpg

@kiya - you've probably answered this before and I've missed it, but will this film ever be in wider release? Everyone in this little niche world who wasn't able to attend a showing in person desperately wants to see it. Any insight as to hhy or why not? Cheers! mpp

2 hours ago, mpukas said:

@kiya - you've probably answered this before and I've missed it, but will this film ever be in wider release? Everyone in this little niche world who wasn't able to attend a showing in person desperately wants to see it. Any insight as to hhy or why not? Cheers! mpp

Yup, this is coming out wide release online next month actually! 

Yellow Rat's Summer Collection Is In!

Our favorite legendary surfer, Kio Inagaki, just delivered to us a set of four new shirts, jackets, and t-shirts to keep you looking cool during the summer.  

This collection is availble now online and at all five Self Edge stores.

Shop Yellow Rat Online

YR_STRIPE_2001-684x1025.jpg
YR_STRIPE_2007-1025x684.jpg
YR_STRIPE_2009-1025x684.jpg
YR_STRIPE_1200-1025x684.jpg

YR_GREEN_01-684x1025.jpg
YR_GREEN_06-1025x684.jpg

YR_BLUE_2001-682x1025.jpg
YR_BLUE_2002-1025x684.jpg

YR_RED_01-682x1025.jpg
YR_RED_02-1025x684.jpg

Sun Surf, Star of Hollywood, & Sugar Cane Shirts!

We've just received a delivery of some wild new shirts from Sun Surf, Star of Hollywood, and Sugar Cane.  All five of these shirts show what these brands are capable of when it comes to fabric design and production. 

Very impressive fabrics in a variety of different short sleeve patterns, and they're available now at all 5 of our stores.

SS_PALM_01-684x1025.jpg
SS_PALM_06-1025x684.jpg

SC_SQUARES_01-684x1025.jpg
SC_SQUARES_05-1025x684.jpg

SC_BLK_01-684x1025.jpg
SC_BLK_05-1025x684.jpg

STAR_WEB_01-684x1025.jpg
STAR_WEB_06-1025x684.jpg

STAR_01-684x1025.jpg
STAR_05-1025x684.jpg

A couple of shots of the sneakers in action. They really are incredible. At the current price, they're a steal!

Sorry for the spam, but I figure it's OK because I'm basically a walking billboard for Self Edge in these pics. (Even the FH keychain was bought there :P )

ladHmI4.jpg?1

VNyCHjw.jpg

Jeans are the RJB 103bsp and the shirt is the epic Nine Lives jacquard shirt (big thanks to Kiya and everyone at Self Edge for the great service in helping me fix my sizing mistake)

^^How did you size the sneakers?

3 hours ago, Frost said:

^^How did you size the sneakers?

I am a US 10. 10 in Vans, Allen Edmonds, UK9 in Carmina etc and a 9.5 in these is perfect.

@goodrain they are $185 in both colors just like @longshanks said.

Edited by dudewuttheheck

1 hour ago, goodrain said:

@kiya when will the new set of Papa Nui caps be available in stores?

Those hit all of our stores May 12th!

3sixteen's 40BSP 16.5oz "Caustic Wave' Denim Jean

We have a new special new jean releasing from 3sixteen this weekend.

The 40BSP jean is 3sixteen's newest denim style on their newest straight tapered jean fit. This new fit has a true medium rise, a top block that is comfortable, and a leg which has a strong taper for a small leg opening at the hem.

The "Caustic Wave" denim was developed with the intention of creating a fabric which would yield electric blue high friction points and a high contrast fade with regular wear.  A strong variation within the weave of the fabric combined with strongly twisted yarns of uneven shapes and lengths creates an abrasive denim with a crisp and dry hand feel.  

This new jean will be released on Saturday, May 6th at all Self Edge stores and at 10am (PDT) the same day in our online store.

[IMG] 
[IMG] 
[IMG] 
[IMG] 
[IMG] 
[IMG] 

Saw them in person at SENY yesterday, the fabric is fabulous. If I have more legs...

The measurement specs on this new fit looks great for my size (36).  The denim description sounds a little similar to the PBJ KS denim.  "knubbed" selvedge. It is a super irregular weave that results in a highly textured denim that fades with striking contrast. 

I have to say I am pretty damn pleased with my first order (Sugar Cane type III black jeans) from Self Edge.  Placed order on Saturday afternoon and my jeans arrived this morning (Monday).  Lightning fast shipping and the measurements were right on the money.  Truly fantastic!!!

@kiya

curious about sizing on the 40BSPs, I have a pair of the 30BSP in size 29 and it fits perfectly everywhere except below the knees. Do you think I'd be good in a size 30 or 31 for the 40BSPs?

thanks!