Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

John Lofgren "Short Shift" Engineer Boot in Badalassi Leather

Nobody does engineer boots like John Lofgren, so it was only natural that when we looked at making a modified engineer he was the perfect guy. This is a "short shift" version of an engineer boot, so the shaft has been made shorter for both comfort and to make it easier to wear with a wider range of jean fits. This version also has a slightly less stacked sole/heel, so the boot is slightly lighter in weight and has a shorter break-in period.

We went all out with the leather for this one and had Lofgren source Badalassi's black leather, with a great feel and grain this leather is going to look unbelievable after it has been broken in.

These are available now in limited numbers in-store and in our online store.

JL_MIDBOOT_01-1039x1562.jpg
JL_MIDBOOT_07-1022x682.jpg
JL_MIDBOOT_08-1022x682.jpg
JL_MIDBOOT_06-1022x682.jpg
JL_MIDBOOT_05-1022x682.jpg
JL_MIDBOOT_04-1022x682.jpg
JL_MIDBOOT_03-1022x682.jpg
JL_MIDBOOT_02-1022x682.jpg
Edited by kiya

Introducing Papa Nui - Headwear For The Particular

We're proud to announce Papa Nui at Self Edge, a brand dedicated to producing some of the finest caps that will ever grace your skull.  

The caps are made in Japan and the watch cap is made in America.  All the caps have extremely detailed stories behind the fit, function, fabrics, and back-story of the particular design.  Please check the product page for each cap for a rundown of what each cap is about.  It's a lot of information for a single cap, but we specialize in being long-winded so it's to be expected.

All Papa Nui caps are available now online and at all five Self Edge stores.

PN_GRN_01-932x1403.jpg
PN_GRN_03-1022x682.jpg
PN_GRN_05-1022x682.jpg
PN_GRN_06-1022x682.jpg

PN_NAVY_01-1017x1529.jpg
PN_NAVY_05-1022x682.jpg
PN_NAVY_02-870x579.jpg

PN_TAN_01-1180x1773.jpg
PN_TAN_05-1022x682.jpg
PN_TAN_04-1040x692.jpg

Hey Kiya, do those Canoe Club hats have the USN print underneath the bill?

I like Papa's stuff, I have two of his caps and they're fantastic.

Nope, our Canoe Club caps don't have the USN print.  The only print on the outside of any of the caps is the one with Florian Bertmer's design stamped on the side.

Are any of the shops getting the D'Artisan D1708 VW Model Kiya?

Nope, passed on that model. We do have other models coming later this year though, and one of them is a straight leg cut.

so good! am i correct in assuming that it comes with the pin or did i misread the description on SEdotcom

Yup, it comes with the metal badge.

Will you be posting info on the the sugar cane SEMX soon?

Yup, should have the photos and measurements up next week!  

The fit, the details, and the denim came out just perfect.  

Kiya, any sizing advice on the new Mister Freedom short sleeves? I'm usually a medium in Star of Hollywood/sun surf/ sugar cane etc.

Thanks!

Dan

Dan,

These run true to Toyo's sizing, get the same size as you wear in SS/SoH/SC.

Iron Heart's 7oz Indigo Pinstripe Workshirt & Major Restocks

We've just received Iron Heart's new reworked short sleeve shirt.  With this new shirt they've created an entirely new silhouette.  Hopefully we'll get to see more Iron Heart shirts for the summer in this new fit.  The fit has been slimmed out a little bit and the sleeves are slightly shorter and slimmer than past short sleeve shirts from Iron Heart.

Along with this short sleeve shirt we've received full restocks of all jean models from Iron Heart including the 633, 301, 634 fits in various denim styles and weights.  

The new shirt and jean restocks are available now at all Self Edge stores.

IH_STRIPE_01-682x1022.jpg
IH_STRIPE_05-1022x682.jpg
IH_STRIPE_07-1022x682.jpg
IH_STRIPE_06-1022x682.jpg

Kiya, any news on new SG jeans and those slim SC jeans you were talking about on Reddit? Coming into summer and need a new pair...

Any info on the new SG jeans?

Saving for these right now!

K, please give us some details for the new SG jean! Even if it's just the name...Anything  :rolleyes:

Kiya, how long do I have to wait for new details on the new TSG denim?  :rolleyes:

Also, any evo on the SExDB19? Can't find the thread. Really wish I had a chance to beat those to a pulp...

This is the info I'm waiting on. It's 5109 for me unless these are sweeter.

Dude. Chill.

New SG jeans won't be in by then, they're landing July 1st at all stores.

The store is full of new product though, from clothing to footwear to accessories, so you'll have a lot to see when you visit.

Come on people, give Dylan a break.

@reallypeacedoff: there is your latest time frame 

Not really an update but just wanted to say that of all the experiences I've had at Self Edge LA, today was just above and beyond.  That's not to say that the other times haven't been great, but the guy who helped me out today (didn't get his name) was incredibly helpful and friendly.  I wasn't/am not planning on purchasing another pair for a few months as I've got a pair I'm working on right now, but I happened to be down the street from the store and wanted to pop in to check out the pair I've been eyeing (SG 3109).  The guy (I'm really sorry if you're a poster on here) was very knowledgeable about the sizing on the pair I was interested in and not only brought me the pair I asked for but also a size larger knowing they ran a little smaller in the hips/waist.  He also brought me a pair of the 5105 cause I expressed interest in the 3105 which wasn't in stock.  He was able to answer all my questions as far as what to expect regarding shrinkage, etc. I felt bad that in the end I didn't purchase the jeans but I can say with absolute confidence that I will be buying my next pair from Self Edge LA.

If anyone's wondering, I loved the 3109 and it will be the next pair I purchase.

Sugar Cane for Self Edge - Lightweight Okinawa 509SE Jean

You can finally own Sugar Cane's famed 50/50 cotton/sugar cane denim in a slim tapered fit! 

We've always loved Sugar Cane's Okinawa fabric and over the years we've really wanted a slim tapered version of it. Together with Sugar Cane we've done a limited run of slim tapered jeans using a special 12oz summer-weight 50/50 cotton/sugar cane fiber denim. Perfect if you want something lighter in weight and breathable for the summer while still having a denim that is not only very unique but will also age with a beautiful patina.

These are limited to 90 pairs and only available at Self Edge Mexico or you can order a pair (with free shipping) by emailing us.

Okinawa_1-2448x3264.jpg
Okinawa_2-2448x3264.jpg
Okinawa_3-2448x3264.jpg
Okinawa%20509SE4-3264x2448.JPG
6-3264x2448.JPG
5-3127x1720.png