Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

I hot washed and dried both of my spring flannels and they shrank a decent amount (about half a size) but with these heavy flannels, I didnt get as much. 

Edited by youngofthesoonest

Honestly wouldn't recommend it, that shirt doesn't shrink at all.

That shirt will shrink over half a size when washed and dried.  For a while the FH shirts were running a bit big so i was buying a 40 and hot washing and drying them and every shirt shrank up half a size, including the ones in question above.

anyone know if the current flannels measure the same in the same size as the ones a few years ago? my sz 40, which shrank after a machine wash (no dryer), fits like a glove but i'd probably size up if theyre smaller (even slightly smaller) than the ones from a few years ago

The newest release of flannels definitely does not run small, i'd say they're on the larger side of FH sizing (hence why we got some down to size 38).

Maybe my washer/dryer is just weak as hell... I got wash and dried them and got virtually 0 shrinkage...

My washer/dryer is a low water/low energy all in one piece of shit. I've discovered that it doesn't really shrink clothes because it barely uses water, like a few litres per load. 

Might be the same case with yours, so i find myself hand washing lots of pieces i care about since i find my washer only spins and tumbles stuff to clean it...its weird as hell 

Yellow Rat Summer Collection of Shirts

Our favorite legendary surfer, Kio Inagaki, just delivered to us a set of three new shirts to keep you looking cool during the summer.  

Available in two button down versions and a pull-over made of a double-faced gauze fabric.  These are availble now online and at all five Self Edge stores.

YR_NAVY_01-682x1022.jpg
YR_NAVY_05-1022x682.jpg
YR_NAVY_07-1022x682.jpg

YR_WHITE_01-682x1022.jpg
YR_WHITE_04-1022x682.jpg
YR_WHITE_07-1022x682.jpg

YR_TAN_01-682x1022.jpg
YR_TAN_04-1022x682.jpg
YR_TAN_07-1022x682.jpg

Strike Gold Jeans, Loopwheeled T-Shirts, & Belts

We've just received a long awaited restock of all 8 models of Strike Gold's jeans, blank loopwheeled t-shirts in black or white, and their super duper thick leather belts.

Available now at all stores!

Shop Strike Gold Online

SG-_5105_01-682x1025.jpg

SG-_5109_01-682x1025.jpg

SG-_5109_01_05-1025x682.jpg

SG-_5109_01_02-1025x682.jpg

SG3105_01-454x683.jpg

SG3109_01_05-1026x683.jpg

SG1109_00-454x683.JPG

SG1109_00_06-1025x682.JPG

FH_SG2109_01-454x683.jpg

FH_SG2109_01_05-1025x682.jpg

Hey Kiya, any idea when you guys will get the Mister Freedom Midnight Appaloosa in stores?

That shirts hits all stores in about 2 weeks, and it looks really good.   This version may be my favorite yet, even though you lose some of the detail of the stitching due to the tonal thread, the shirt overall is very sharp.

When does Studio go up Kiya? Nice looking jeans those SD-507 are!

The first release (two jeans, loopwheeled sweaters, belts, and key hooks) for 2016 goes up April 20th.

Then the second release (watch caps, loopwheeled pocket tees, aloha shirts, and more jeans) is June 1st.

Edited by kiya

Introducing Good Sport magazine & Mister Freedom's Workman Wabash Shirt

We've just received the first issue of Good Sport, a new magazine dedicated to all styles of professional sports.  It's the new anti-mainstream sports magazine, written and shot in a new way which we find to be not only refreshing but necessary in a world of gossip and conjecture based sports journalism.  

Along with Good Sport we've received the newest in the Mister Freedom Workman shirt series, this one made of a custom made indigo/indigo selvedge wabash fabric.  This shirt has no chin strap, wood cat's eye buttons, and chainstitch construction and is available now at all of our stores.

goodsport1-684x996.png
goodsport5-968x706.png
goodsport4-964x702.png
goodsport3-976x706.png
goodsport2-688x990.png

MF_STRIPE_01-682x1022.jpg
MF_STRIPE_07-1022x682.jpg
MF_STRIPE_04-1022x682.jpg

I can confirm this, it's a great shirt.

I can second that. I came into SEPDX yesterday and to get my brother a pair of jeans for his birthday and ended up buying it as well as a pair of Sugar Cane's for my bro.

The Lady White Oarsman T-Shirt and Clark T-Shirts in Washed Out Olive

We've just received a new Lady White t-shirt style with a new fit, all new details, and a new fabric.  The new Oarsman t-shirt has a wider neckline, a loose-knit ringspun cotton fabric, a flatlock shoulder stitch which runs off onto the sleevecap, and has been blind stitched on the hems and sleeves.

Along with the Oarsman t-shirt we've also had a small run of the Clark pocket t-shirts done in a washed-out olive color.  The color on these came out perfectly and was done in a small dye-house in Los Angeles.  

We've also received a full restock of all other Lady White t-shirts in both single and 2-pack varieties. 

LADYWHITE_00001-805x1210.jpg
LADYWHITE_00002-1022x682.jpg
LADYWHITE_00004-1022x682.jpg
LADYWHITE_00003-1022x682.jpg

LADYWHITE%20DRK_01-691x1037.jpg
LADYWHITE%20DRK_04-1022x682.jpg
LADYWHITE%20DRK_05-1022x682.jpg
LADYWHITE%20DRK_03-1022x682.jpg

This Thursday, April 28th, i'm doing an AMA (Ask Me Anything) on reddit.  Please come and do exactly that, ask me anything.

Thursday, April 28th.

9am (Pacific), 12pm (Eastern), 4pm (London, GMT+1)

You will find the AMA at the top of the page here at the date/time above:

https://www.reddit.com/r/rawdenim/

I'm doing an AMA (Ask Me Anything) on reddit.  Please come and do exactly that, ask me anything.

This starts right now!

Direct link to the AMA:

https://www.reddit.com/r/rawdenim/comments/4gun7w/i_am_kiya_babzani_from_self_edge_we_specialize_in/

Enjoyed reading your replies Kiya. That was a good AMA.

Thanks!

It's now 15 hours later, i'm still answering questions.

Arms and hands are in pain.