Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

The William Gibson MA-1 is one of my absolute favorite pieces. Maybe some day I'll have enough cash to spare to justify buying it.

No clue if Self Edge will carry it but Strike Gold recently put out their MA-1.  Obviously different with the denim instead of typical MA-1 fabric.  Probably less wearable as well.

http://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/amekajishop-klax-on/sgj002.html

@kiya

Is Darn It accepting mail in repairs yet?  Last time I was in SF the guys said it was coming in the future, and its about time for my 60's 501s to get some TLC and I hope I don't need to fly in from TX to get it done the right way.

Please email us and we'll see what we can do.

Lady White "Clark" Pocket T-Shirt

The new Lady White "Clark" Pocket tee has the coolest pocket we've seen on a t-shirt.  The pocket shape is inspired by William W. Brown and his iconic pocket design on "Browns Beach" jackets and vests.  Lady White have bound the pocket using 1x1 ribbing, allowing for a structured pocket with bar-tacks reinforcing the stress points.  The pocket features double needle stitching  and a slight angle for easy access.  

The new Clark tee is available now at all Self Edge stores, we forsee this being a staple in our t-shirt line-up.  Check the product page for a full specification on the t-shirt, cotton source, and measurements.  

LW_POCKET_01-812x1219.jpg
LW_POCKET_02-1023x683.jpg
LW_POCKET_03-1023x683.jpg
LW_POCKET_04-1023x683.jpg
LW_POCKET_05-1023x683.jpg

Is the navy Buzz Rickson watch cap the only color that has the ID tag sewn in? I can't be certain from the pictures. Anyone know if it's easily removable?

yeah it is. It's pretty easy to remove with a seam ripper. I did it to mine. 

Sugar Cane x Buzz Rickson Indigo Pea Coats, Sugar Cane Shirts, Sun Surf Hoodies, & More

Fresh from the inner depths of Toyo Enterprises we've received a shipment of Sugar Cane, Buzz Rickson, and Sun Surf winter items.  

The standout piece here is the Sugar Cane x Buzz Rickson pure indigo-dyed jungle cloth pea coat.  Sugar Cane took Buzz Rickson's navy pea coat and gave it a classic Sugar Cane treatment while retaining the 26oz melton wool lining.  We've also received a very bad ass type III jacket made of a corduroy outer from Sugar Cane with poly-shearling liner and original Sugar Cane snap buttons.

Along with these items we've received new shirts from Sugar Cane, a wild hoodie from Sun Surf, and a small restock of the raw unsanforized Type II denim jacket. 

SC_COAT_01-682x1022.jpg
SC_COAT_09-1022x682.jpg
SC_COAT_06-1022x682.jpg

SC_CORD_01-682x1022.jpg
SC_CORD_09-1023x683.jpg
SC_CORD_05-1023x683.jpg

SC_LIGHT_01-682x1022.jpg
SC_LIGHT_06-1023x683.jpg

Edited by kiya

I've got a pair that's sitting at the local post office after a little confusion.

Actually surprised how easy USPS was to deal with for once haha.

I'll post pictures/impressions tomorrow once they're in my hands.

@kiya - will you be stocking any of the Rickson X Cane denim collab coats...most interested in the N-3B. thanks!

Yes, we just received the SC x BR pea coat a few days ago, you can see it above.. and we're also getting the indigo-dyed horsehide A-2 in a bout 10 days.

It's funny that every time the media interviews someone in the raw denim industry, there is always a question either about how the jeans wear or how often you're supposed to wash them. Thank goodness the NY Times is too upper echelon to have bothered with asking the second one, at least.

Nevertheless, great feature!