Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Is that a Cartier watch?

Yes it is, good eye.

Iron Heart 633s-II Indigo/Indigo Straight Tapered Jeans, Overdyed Snap Shirt, & Socks!

The 633s fit from Iron Heart has turned into one of our best selling jeans at Self Edge, it's a perfect straight leg jean with a heavy taper for a small let opening.  We now offer the 633s fit in a new indigo warp and indigo weft 18oz denim which has been stitched together using tonal thread for a sleek dark indigo jean.  These will age in a wild way considering what some of the indigo/indigo jeans we've seen in the past from Iron Heart look like after some months of wear.  

Iron Heart excels at shirts which are made to be funcational and last a lifetime, they've come through as expected with a great new overdyed denim shirt with hand pockets.  This is a 17oz indigo denim which has been garment dyed black, over time the black will wear off and reveal the indigo fabric underneath.

Along with the new 633s-II jean and the overdyed denim shirt we've received their heavy duty gray/black socks in a regular length, great for wearing with workboots.

IH633SII_01-682x1022.jpg
IH633SII_07-644x428.jpg
IH633SII_06-1022x682.jpg
IH633SII_05-830x552.jpg

IHSH_OVERDYE_01-682x1022.jpg
IHSH_OVERDYE_07-1022x682.jpg
IHSH_OVERDYE_06-938x624.jpg
IHSH_OVERDYE_05-922x614.jpg

IH_LOWSOCKS_01-682x1022.jpg
IH_LOWSOCKS_03-880x586.jpg

Damn you, Kiya!!! LOL! I've recently been thinking that my nearly perfect pair of IH's would be 633, 18oz. The indigo/indigo is icing. But I prefer contrast stitching. If only I hadn't just made a couple of other superfls purchases... 

Damn you, Kiya!!! LOL! I've recently been thinking that my nearly perfect pair of IH's would be 633, 18oz. The indigo/indigo is icing. But I prefer contrast stitching. If only I hadn't just made a couple of other superfls purchases... 

I feel that contrast stitching on a denim this dark tends to "pop" a bit too much.

Edited by kiya

I feel that contrast stitching on a denim this dark tends to "pop" a bit too much.

Yeah, I get that. I have similar feelings, especially on some other models in this denim the stitching seems really bright. I think they could use a toned-down contrast stitching tho, IMHO. 

My two cents - these two pieces are some of my favorite IH pieces that have been produced for so many reasons. Their "middle ground" status makes them very wearable year round.

My two cents - these two pieces are some of my favorite IH pieces that have been produced for so many reasons. Their "middle ground" status makes them very wearable year round.

How do you mean "middle ground"? As in denim weight? Just because it isn't 21oz, doesn't mean it will be less hot to wear. I used to own the SExIH07BK but sold them because they were too hot. The 301S i have now are considerable easy to wear, yet they are heavier (as far as weight). Weave plays a big part.

Hey Kiya (or anyone else who knows), what's the t-shirt stock looking like at SEPDX right now? I'm planning on heading down for a couple days next week and would like to pick at least a couple up; hopefully a pair of white Stevensons if there are any left. Thanks in advance!

Edited by chicote

Hey Kiya (or anyone else who knows), what's the t-shirt stock looking like at SEPDX right now? I'm planning on heading down for a couple days next week and would like to pick at least a couple up; hopefully a pair of white Stevensons if there are any left. Thanks in advance!

SEPDX has blank tees from Whitesville, 3sixteen, Stevenson, Strike Gold, Mister Freedom, Lady White, and Flat Head.. we are well stocked with all types of blanks at all the shops right now.

Hey Kiya, is there any chance of a restock of the Flat Head 3012's in a size 33 or 34 ? I've been seeing them pop up on various sites so it gives me hope, but I was hoping to get straight from you guys rather than a Proxy

The next run of the 3012 will be done in October.  We'll have a fresh run at all stores once they're done with the new batch.

yeah depending on how slim you want to go, you can size down one or maybe two. I wear a 31 in flat heads and i'm a 30 in stevenson. I could've done 29 and it would've been a pretty slim but still wearable and comfortable. 

Hey Kiya,

If I wear a size 36 in IH 301's, IH 555-01, IH 555-03 and the IH 666 UHR's would I wear a size 36 in the new IH 633-II indigo/indigo?

I really like the tonal stitching and agree indigo / indigo denim looks better with tonal stitching.  Lastly does Self Edge NYC have a stock of these jeans?

Thanks

Hey Kiya,

If I wear a size 36 in IH 301's, IH 555-01, IH 555-03 and the IH 666 UHR's would I wear a size 36 in the new IH 633-II indigo/indigo?

I really like the tonal stitching and agree indigo / indigo denim looks better with tonal stitching.  Lastly does Self Edge NYC have a stock of these jeans?

Thanks

I believe after a soak the size 36 in those jeans would be your size.  We just got those at all stores, so yes, SENY has a full stock of them now.

I am surprised to see no comments on the SE123 Imperials, I just got a pair and I love everything about them. I sized up and got a 31 for a looser fit because I have thicker thighs and it seems like I nailed the fit. Thanks for your help Kiya. Your commitment to your craft is commendable! I will get some fit pics up soon. I read these posts all the time but have never posted a px. I will try to get one up later. 

So when is the modified type 3 in the indigo x indigo denim coming eh kiya?

Maybe this winter if we can fit it into Iron Heart's busy production schedule.

I am surprised to see no comments on the SE123 Imperials, I just got a pair and I love everything about them. I sized up and got a 31 for a looser fit because I have thicker thighs and it seems like I nailed the fit. Thanks for your help Kiya. Your commitment to your craft is commendable! I will get some fit pics up soon. I read these posts all the time but have never posted a px. I will try to get one up later. 

Glad you like them, those came out very well and the pattern maker's nailed the exact fit we were going after.  

Kiya, if I want a cut like the 3sixteen+ 21bsp but in a different denim, do you have any recommendations? I don't want slubby denim, think more urban like Margiela.

I'm assuming by "urban" you mean a sanforized and more flat looking denim.  In that case you can check out the Imperial Prospector or Shearer or the 3sixteen+ 30BSP.