Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

The Imperial SE23BSP Slim Tapered Jean

Imperial is one of the few brands we were carrying when we opened the doors to the first Self Edge in 2006.  After all these years we've seen them stay true to their signature styles, we've done a few collaborative projects with them, and a few years ago they even shifted production from Australia to Japan.  

With this new SE23BSP jean we've worked with Imperial to produce a loosely woven unsanforized 15.5oz Japanese selvedge denim made by small mill in Kojima.  The mill was instructed to pay extra attention to keeping the core of the rope-dyed weft yarns super white, so only the outer edge of the yarn is dyed with the indigo bath.   This super white-core yarn combined with the abrasive nature of this fabric will lead to some serious Boss Level fades.  This fabric is available now at all Self Edges stores in a new slim tapered fit.  

IMXSE_01-682x1022.jpg
IMXSE_08-1022x682.jpg
IMXSE_07-1022x682.jpg
IMXSE_05-1022x682.jpg
IMXSE_04-1022x682.jpg

If am a 33 in SEXI04, would a 34 in these work? 

Yup, sounds about right!

Kiya,

Is Josh(think that is his name?) wearing a size up on the new Imperials? They read as the slimmest cut yet but they look fuller on him when compared to the fit pics of him wearing the prev Imperial collab the SExImp123's. I want to buy these and I am going for the fit in the most current Imperial photos.

-larry

Edited by lsaylor

Kiya,

Is Josh(think that is his name?) wearing a size up on the new Imperials? They read as the slimmest cut yet but they look fuller on him when compared to the fit pics of him wearing the prev Imperial collab the SExImp123's. I want to buy these and I am going for the fit in the most current Imperial photos.

-larry

In that photo he's wearing a size up from what he should be wearing.  We're actually reshooting those photos in a week or two with a size down to better represent the fit.

Yeah I'm hoping to get one for my brother. I tried on a large in-store once, and it fit perfect, but that was before a wash. I'm told they shrink around a size, so I figure for myself I'd get an XL, and my brother is always one size up, so he'd need an XXL. 

I guess they wouldn't differ too much lengthwise though so I'm not even sure I can handle a washed one...

Is there any way I can get a tracking number for a pair of jeans I had dropped off to be hemmed and shipped?

Yup, just email us and make sure to mention what store you took them to.

We now carry CHUP socks at all Self Edge stores, in-store only.

Also, check out this new profile they did on yours truly:

http://glen-clyde.com/eng/profiles-kiya-babzani-selfedge/

Strike Gold Indigo-Dyed Polo Shirts, Shorts, & Jean Restocks

If you want to wear polo shirts and shorts during the summer while still wearing in something indigo-dyed Strike Gold has you covered.  They've released a set of pure indigo rope-dyed pieces, a polo shirt and a pair of super comfortable shorts.  They've produced the polo especially for Self Edge without any outer branding.  Both come pre-rinsed so shrinkage is minimal once washed and over time they'll lighten in color wear with wear.  

Both these pieces are available now along with a full restock of all eight Strike Gold jean models at all Self Edge stores.

SG_POLO_01-682x1022.jpg
SG_POLO_05-1022x682.jpg
SG_POLO_06-1022x682.jpg

SG_SHORTS_01-682x1022.jpg
SG_SHORTS_03-1022x682.jpg
SG_SHORTS_04-1022x682.jpg
SG_SHORTS_07-1022x682.jpg
SG_SHORTS_05-1022x682.jpg
SG_SHORTS_06-1022x682.jpg

Any new cuts or restock of Stevenson anytime soon? Would love a straight leg for my next purchase.

No new cuts in the works, they just released the 714 cut this season.  They do make straight leg cuts but the rises are all a bit too low, but the 714 has a proper medium rise.

The Roy "Big Bro" Baja Red Chambray Short Sleeve

Roy is back with his first shirt in over a year. The "Big Bro" Baja shirt is a red selvedge Japanese chambray done up in a simple short sleeved shirt with small details here and there, as you would expect a shirt made by Roy Slaper. The fabric is a medium weight chambray that has a small pattern to the weave which becomes more apparent after the first wash.

One of the details we personally love is the busted selvedge seam up the back of the shirt, over time you'll have jean-like train tracks running up your back. Also, Roy has this wild machine that's able to do a stitch that melts our minds, it's meant to be an invisible hemming machine but to us it looks like a crazy fabric perforator. He's used this machine to hem the front placket of the shirt which also hides the button backs from your body when the shirt is worn. Also, the gussetted side seams are done up with a selvedge ID accent.

This Roy shirt will be released at noon (local time) on Saturday August 1st at all four Self Edge stores.  It will also be released at 9am (PDT) on the same day via our online store.

ROY_BURGANDY_01-682x1022.jpg
ROY_BURGANDY_02-682x1022.jpg
ROY_BURGANDY_05-1022x682.jpg
ROY_BURGANDY_06-1022x682.jpg
ROY_BURGANDY_07-1022x682.jpg
ROY_BURGANDY_04-844x562.jpg