Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Stevenson 714 Straight Tapered Jean & Chino/Jean Restocks

Stevenson now has the jean fit many of you have been waiting for, a straight leg jean with a small leg opening and a true medium rise.  Made out of their popular loomstate 14.5oz Japanese selvedge denim and single-needle stitched throughout. This jean fits very well for a guy wanting a little extra space in the crotch and thigh area but wanting an overall slim look and a tapered leg.

Along with the new 714 jean we've received a full restock of their slim tapered 727 fit and chinos in olive, khaki, and navy.  The chinos are amazing, seriously.  We don't use the words "chinos" and "amazing" in the same sentence very often, but these are really good chinos with a true broadcloth fabric that's custom woven for Stevenson.  

All these jeans and chinos are available now at all of our stores and in our online store.

STVNSN_714_01-682x1022.jpg
STVNSN_714_04-996x662.jpg
STVNSN_714_05-992x660.jpg
STVNSN_714_06-1022x682.jpg
STVNSN_714_07-1022x682.jpg

STVNSN_L727_01-454x683.JPG
STVNSN_L727_01_02-1026x683.JPG

STEVENSON%20_TAN_01-454x683.jpg
STEVENSON%20_TAN_01_04-1026x683.jpg
STEVENSON%20_TAN_01_03-1026x683.jpg

From the looks of it the Medium in the 3sixteen hoodie should actually be perfect under that jacket.  The large will be a bit too baggy if you're trying to wear it under a denim jacket, especially one that's lined.

Will the hoodie shrink when washed? How much? Fit currently is perfect if there is no shrinkage, but if there is any I might need to consider a large.

You will definitely not have any problem with the Medium.  Sz 38 in that lined riders jacket is pretty small as far as 38's/Mediums go, and it looks great on you!

Sugar Cane Cowhide Leather Belts & Lone Wolf Sweeper Boots

We have two new releases from Toyo this week along with a full restock (and huge price drop) of all Sugar Cane jean models. 

Sugar Cane have updated their cowhide belts with a heavier leather and cleaner hand-finishing.  These are available now in tan or black.

After the great response to Lone Wolf's Mechanic boots we decided to expand the line with their Sweeper Boots with a Christy Vibram Sole.  These are dual-Goodyear welted and fully made in Japan.

Along with these new releases we've received a full restock of all of Sugar Cane's jean models including the newer "2009" and "2014" jeans.

SC_BELT_TAN_01-664x998.jpg
SC_BELT_TAN_03-1022x682.jpg
SC_BELT_TAN_02-1022x682.jpg

SC_BELT_BLK_01-652x979.jpg
SC_BELT_BLK_03-1022x682.jpg
SC_BELT_BLK_02-1022x682.jpg

LW_BLK_01-663x995.jpg
LW_BLK_03-1022x682.jpg
LW_BLK_04-1022x682.jpg
LW_BLK_06-1022x682.jpg

^ Wow, why such the huge drop in Sugar Cane prices?  Expect other brands to drop as well?

Most of the drop in price in SC has to do with the fact that we're now buying SC jeans directly from Toyo without a distributor in-between us.  

what stores have the new lone wolf boot?  does it size/fit similar to alden trubalance/barrie?  looks great!

All stores except SESF have all the footwear we sell.  We just got a restock of those too, so we have most sizes in both colors.  The sizing is similar to Alden's sizing.

Lady White Co. tees going up still this week?

You guys only carrying white or the washed out black too?

We're carrying white 2-pack tees starting this week, with more to come in May (no washed out tees though).

Edited by kiya

Roy "Roy Tapered" Modified Jeans - RT1002

Roy Slaper is back with a fresh batch of jeans.  

This new release is a modified version of the "Big Bro" BB1002 jean.  This version of the jean comes with traditional (and more common) back pocket shapes and riveting techniques.  The fit is slightly different from past iterations of the Big Bro model, check the measurements for exact differences.  The fabric on these jeans is a 13.5oz loomstate denim which Roy designed from the ground up. Cone did not have or could not produce the selvedge id thread color so Roy had another company manufacture just the single thread that goes through the selvedge line and had the thread shipped to Cone to use on his denim.

The warp yarns are made of a conventional American cotton while the weft is made of Supima cotton giving the fill threads an off-white cast. Supima is a longer staple cotton so we're thinking it will be less prone to stretching out and knee bagging. The fabric for the pocket bags were also custom designed and produced for this jean. They're an undyed (natural) ring-ring 3x1 twill that is loomstate and will be cut in a way where it shrinks with the jean. The pocket bags are a 10oz 3x1 cotton twill which is 100% ring spun, undyed, and unsanforized.

We don't believe we've seen a denim with this much character come out of Cone Mills before, the weave pattern is very unique and so is the shade of indigo.  

Check the product page for full measurements, a full spec list, more info, and high-res photographs.

These jeans will go on sale on Saturday, March 28th at Noon (local time) at all four Self Edge stores and will also go on sale at 10am (PDT) on the same day in our online store.

ROY_RT1002_01-682x1022.jpg
ROY_RT1002_04-1022x682.jpg
ROY_RT1002_03-1536x1022.jpg
ROY_RT1002_06-1022x682.jpg
ROY_BB_08-1022x682.jpg
ROY_BB_07-1022x682.jpg
ROY_RT1002_05-1022x682.jpg

Edited by kiya

Cross posted from the Roy thread:

Crazy long shot here but I got an unsoaked/unhemmed pair of the first Big Bros (with the fancy back pockets ;) )in size 34 here in my closet that really are never going to fit. My love of denim and my love of beer are at cross purposes.

If anyone is keen on em I would trade them for a pair of the new Roy Tapered in 36. PM me if you want to work something out! Im in CA and would prefer a Bay Area meet up but could also ship.

@kiya - just got my 3sixteen indigo t-shirts in the mail, size M. How much will these shrink when washed and dried? Afterwards, do they stretch out much when worn? The fit is great now, but I'm fearful with a weave this loose they'll shrink quite a bit and be too small after a wash and dry. I'm not hanging t-shirts to dry. 

These are great shirts! Thanks Kiya. mpp

@kiya - just got my 3sixteen indigo t-shirts in the mail, size M. How much will these shrink when washed and dried? Afterwards, do they stretch out much when worn? The fit is great now, but I'm fearful with a weave this loose they'll shrink quite a bit and be too small after a wash and dry. I'm not hanging t-shirts to dry. 

These are great shirts! Thanks Kiya. mpp

If you cold wash and line dry them they'll shrink only a quarter a size or so, if you wash and dry them they'll shrink nearly a full size.

Yellow Rat Summer 2015 Collection

Yellow Rat has just delivered a few new shirts perfect for the warmer months.  

The lightweight Pop-Top Pullover is a favorite of ours.  This one blends a casual summer vibe with a bold navy check pattern made into a pull-over shirt.  

We've also received a short sleeve button-down made of a unique dobby woven cotton fabric and a belt-printed striped t-shirt.  These Yellow Rat tees continue to be popular every summer due to their feel, fit, and simple 60's style print.

YR_BLUE_01-682x1022.jpg
YR_BLUE_04-1022x682.jpg

YR_STRIPE_03-713x1072.jpg
YR_STRIPE_04-1022x682.jpg

YR_TEE_01-809x1215.jpg
YR_TEE_03-1022x682.jpg

Hey Kiya, how much shrinkage, if any, would you expect from the navy pullover?

The fabric is sanforized, if cold washed and line dried shrinkage will be very little.  

The 3sixteen tees run too short for me. I don't like owning shirts I can't dry and I even sized up but the large was too wide in the chest after a dry, while barely still being long enough. The medium is like a belly shirt. If you're over 6' i suggest you pass

The 3sixteen tees run too short for me. I don't like owning shirts I can't dry and I even sized up but the large was too wide in the chest after a dry, while barely still being long enough. The medium is like a belly shirt. If you're over 6' i suggest you pass

If you're over 6' tall pretty much every t-shirt we sell will be too short after being washed.  The reason for this is because they're all cut like vintage tees, where as modern tees are a full 2" to 3" longer in the body.