Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

That podcast was excellent, Kiya. Especially the part about how valuable FACE TO FACE recommendations are, even in the age of everything being on the internets. Nothing's better than a buddy who's opinions you respect sending you off to a good show, giving you a record, restaurant, etc. Nice work.

roy shots still going up today?

This is starting to feel like that moment at a gig when the roadies have set everything up and you can't be bothered going back to the bar so you're just standing there waiting for the band to come on. Looks at watch...

Edited by jamierdonald

This is a must listen if you ever wanted 2 know why someone would pay $300 for jeans.

I think we already know. And we would be glad if 300$ was the limit.

To win a $250 Self Edge gift card from Rawr Denim or a pair of jeans from 3sixteen answer one of the two questions Dean Delray is asking on his Twitter today from the Podcast below.

Don't worry, I won't participate. ^_^

Edited by Max Power

Very interesting podcast, great stuff.  Kiya, good luck with tackling your fear of listening to your own audio, your voiice seems pleasant to me.

This is starting to feel like that moment at a gig when the roadies have set everything up and you can't be bothered going back to the bar so you're just standing there waiting for the band to come on. Looks at watch...

up now. Nice to see a soaked and worn product pic for a change. Looks great!

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=88&products_id=1226

Roy's new jeans are Kinda Special.

Roy Slaper is back to making jeans and we think he's created his best fitting jean yet.  It's between a slim and straight cut with some taper to the leg using a new 13.75oz loomstate Cone White Oak denim that was developed exclusively for Roy.  The denim has a nice heft to it and the fit is just perfect.  The fabric's fibers really come alive after the initial soak with a little bit of hairiness which goes away after a week or two of wear.  With a denim this rigid we're sure to see some wild worn in pairs later this year with a higher contrast wear pattern than his last lighter weight jean release. 

Roy is modeling the Kinda Special (KS1001) jean in the photos after being soaked, hemmed, and worn for four weeks.  Keep in mind that he sized up one from his true size for a roomier fit.  If worn true to size the jean will fit a little slimmer than shown in the photos, yet due to the cut of the upper block it's a jean that can easily be sized up or down for a slimmer or roomier fit without looking sloppy or too snug.

These jeans will go on sale at Noon (local time) at all four Self Edge stores on Saturday, May 10th and at 10am (PDT) in our online store on the same day.  

Check the product page for full measurements, a full spec list, more info, and high-res photographs.

ROY_KS1001_01.jpg

ROY_KS1001_02.jpg

ROY_KS1001_03.jpg

ROY_KS1001_04.jpg

ROY_KS1001_05.jpg

ROY_KS1001_06.jpg

ROY_KS1001_07.jpg

Those jeans are perfect.  I think I need them.

Edited by FLDenim211

Moz and his people are all about super full legged jeans, right now. His asst. copped a pair of sized up Flat Head 3005s.

Kiya, when will the SG 5109's be restocked? Guess I missed out. Not in crazy rush though. Could wait to try on during visiting.

Restock is coming either tomorrow or Monday, i would not wait on these, they're really good.

That strike gold fabric looks similar in concept / style to the old Jin denim (though not LHT) in the sense that the weft is noticeably slubbier than the warp. Kiya, is this an appropriate comparison in any way? Do you have a sense if the fading characteristics could be similar?

That strike gold fabric looks similar in concept / style to the old Jin denim (though not LHT) in the sense that the weft is noticeably slubbier than the warp. Kiya, is this an appropriate comparison in any way? Do you have a sense if the fading characteristics could be similar?

I'm not familiar with the old Jin denim so i cannot speak on this.  I know from looking at the SG denim raw and even after being worn for a few weeks it looks like something that is going to age in a really cool way without looking strange in the end.

I've worn my SG 5105 for a month, now, and the denim is easily the most comfortable fabric I've ever worn (as comfortable as my 2 yr old Flat Heads). It's soft, and isn't really rigid, but it molds really easily at the same time. It's a deep blue that gets hairy after a soak, and looks like it's going to a nice bright blue on the warp. After only a month, I can already see fades peaking through, and the contrast against the grey weft will be truly unique.

Edited by BAerts

Kiya,

I am thinking the SOC will be my next denim. I am looking for something comfortable to travel in that is med rise and slightly tapered. I am a true size 30. It looks like the La Jolla may be the one. Would I go TTS for the comfortable fit I am looking for? I like the Morrisey video( what cut?), they look a little more of a generous cut though. My issue is I am short so I like a comfortable cut but there is a fine line before they look frumpy on me because I am 5'5". I am also athletic so an aggressive slim taper gets stuck on my thighs and it is uncomfortable when I sit. I have also developed a dislike for rises under 10" as I have found after so many trials. I thank you for your patience and expertise in advance. Please help me dial this purchase in!

p.s. - I liked the podcast w Delray. That guy is no one I would have looked into have it not been in assoc with you but he is a cool dude. 

-larry

Edited by lsaylor

Kiya,

I am thinking the SOC will be my next denim. I am looking for something comfortable to travel in that is med rise and slightly tapered. I am a true size 30. It looks like the La Jolla may be the one. Would I go TTS for the comfortable fit I am looking for? I like the Morrisey video( what cut?), they look a little more of a generous cut though. My issue is I am short so I like a comfortable cut but there is a fine line before they look frumpy on me because I am 5'5". I am also athletic so an aggressive slim taper gets stuck on my thighs and it is uncomfortable when I sit. I have also developed a dislike for rises under 10" as I have found after so many trials. I thank you for your patience and expertise in advance. Please help me dial this purchase in!

p.s. - I liked the podcast w Delray. That guy is no one I would have looked into have it not been in assoc with you but he is a cool dude. 

-larry

Larry, sounds like the 727 Stevenson cut is what you're after.  It's a slim and slightly tapered cut that is comfortable because it's got a decent amount of room in the top block and crotch even though it's a somewhat slim fit.  We'll have a full restock of those on June 1st.  Morrissey is wearing the 707 which is their roomiest cut and he sized up one from his true waist size, hence the fit.