Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

On this note, is it possible for SE to present full length shots of the jeans (either full frontal, or folded in half) to show the full cut through the leg?

As you have alluded to, two jeans with the same measurements can fit quite differently, so the measurements don't always tell the full story.  Hate to use a cliche, but a picture is worth a thousand numbers.

That is something that is possible, but i don't believe we'll be doing it in the near future.  Having a jean laid flat doesn't do much in terms of trying to figure out the fit, i think the modeled photos combined with measurements tell a better story than seeing the jean laid out without being worn.

Also, I feel that we provide quite a bit of information in terms of measurements for every size, high-res photos, fit shots from the front and back, and an extremely in-depth spec list.

Kiya,

I'm not familiar with the term - anti-fit top block.  Can you explain what that means in layman terms?  The denim on that collab just looks amazing.

This is essentially when you have a bit of extra fabric in the rear end of the jean and a little bit of sagging going on below the yoke of the jean, this is exaggerated if you don't have a

or muscular thighs to fill out the area. Edited by kiya

That's been my experience with the 3009, too.  It kind of bothered me at first, until I figured out that was how it was supposed to fit. But then again I'm rather skinny, if you have regular proportions the 3009 would fit fine.

Edited by Kyle@TFH

So if the SEXDB19 has less of an anti-fit top block than the 3009, the SEXDB19 will have less extra fabric and less sagging below the yoke than the 3009?

That is correct.

Thanks!  I have neither a bubble butt nor muscular thighs... this might be an interesting fit for me.  Tempting...

But thats a GOOD thing for this fit.

But the thigh measurements don't seem ridiculously narrow for the waist size; a 32 has 12.5in thighs raw, and the waist is only expected to shrink an inch, compared to 1.5 - 2 inches for many other denims. Based on this I wouldn't expect more than .5 inches of shrink in the thighs.  

By comparison, the Roy RS04, which I would consider a fairly generous fit, has the exact same raw measurements in waist, thigh, and knee, and shrinks considerably by my experience.

But thats a GOOD thing for this fit.

Yes, I understand. It's tempting - the jeans are beautiful.  The 3009 was a pretty decent overall fit for me, but there was some sagging on the backside.  This fit should work out better.  I'm thinking it over.

Man this denim makes me ponder questions like:

How do I justify buying a pair of jeans that might sit in a closet for the next 20 months except for special occasions

and

Do I want another pair of amazing denim or to be able to eat this winter.

Did you guys have the Self Edge x Dry Bones collab hemmed? I''ll be interested to learn the actual post soak dimensions, especially the inseam. I found the listed pre-soak dimensions to be extremely accurate.

Edited by lance

My DB's are going out on Mon as well. I was surprised to see they do not come in a 29. I ordered the 30 but they will be a little baggy on me so I plan to do a long hot soak. I am getting my hemmed to a 32.5 my actual inseam is a 29. I hope the fit works out- I am all in.

Will you be restocking the 3sixteen+ 21BSP?

Yup, next restock on these is September 15th.

Strike Gold Left Hand Twill Jeans, Loopwheeled T-Shirts, & More

This was definitely a first... we received a jean that sold so quickly in-store that we had no stock left to put into our online store and had to wait until the second batch to officially announce the jean online.  This jean is Strike Gold's 17oz unsanforized left hand twill denim jean with gray dyed weft yarns. 

We've finally received a full stock of both the straight (model 3105) and slim tapered (model 3109) versions and have enough to fill the online store with.  This denim is beautiful and has a medium blue shade and is slightly hairy, we've seen some that have aged since we got them initially four months ago and they look quite good. 

We've also received a new loopwheeled t-shirt in two colors with a vintage style flock print to give the print an upraised almost velour feel on the fabric. 

Along with these new items all stores have received a full restock of all other Strike Gold jean models and belts in both tan and black. 

SG3105_01.jpg 

SG3109_01.jpg

SG3109_03.jpg

SG3109_04.jpg

SG3109_05.jpg

SG3109_06.jpg

SGtshirtBLK_01.jpg

SGtshirtBLK_02.jpg

SGtshirtRED_01.jpg

SGtshirtRED_03.jpg

put the new dry bones collab through a 30 min hot soak and was very surprised at how little indigo was lost. Kiya, is one soak enough for this denim?

Yup, one soak is enough as long it was a hot water soak for about 30 minutes or more.

Kiya, are there any plans for any new RJB jeans in the near future?

No new jeans, but we'll have restocks of the 106BSP hopefully by the late fall.

yes ,I would like to know post soak as well. Esp inseam

I tried to do measurements according to the SE website

here they are for my size 33 after a 30 min hot soak

Waist: 32

Inseam:35

Thigh: 11.75

Knee: 8.5

Leg Opening: 7.5

Rise: 10

I tried to do measurements according to the SE website

here they are for my size 33 after a 30 min hot soak

Waist: 32

Inseam:35

Thigh: 11.75

Knee: 8.5

Leg Opening: 7.5

Rise: 10

That inseam measurement.. was that taken when the jean is pulled taught?  Seams like quite a bit of shrinkage because we shrink tested two pairs and they didn't shrink any more than about 2.25" after a hot soak.